**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War Matchmaking a bit off

Comments

• GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

7 out of our 9 matches have been against all Masters alliances however there are groups in Masters right now that are barely 20 million. Hell, there is one at 18 million.

Really hoping on top of the new map they're working on the algorithm. Prestige based wars sounds like an oxymoron.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    edited May 2019

What is your Ally? Hard to discuss who you are facing without knowing what ally you are in. I think War Rating has taken a back seat to prestige. Which punishes high-prestige AQ Allys when they are in war.

Prestige is a bad way to match up wars there are teams that dont sell champs thats are average players will be placed against death squads that only have 4* and up
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Wayntos said:

What is your Ally? Hard to discuss who you are facing without knowing what ally you are in. I think War Rating has taken a back seat to prestige. Which punishes high-prestige AQ Allys when they are in war.

Prestige is a bad way to match up wars there are teams that dont sell champs thats are average players will be placed against death squads that only have 4* and up
    Prestige is only based on your top 5 champs. Selling all your 3*s makes no difference.
    And here I thought that maybe this post was somehow influencing matchups. We got ONE even matchup followed by.......iso8A.......for the THIRD TIME THIS SEASON!

Let’s recap the lineup of alliances we’ve had to face for absolutely abysmal rewards. Rewards which groups who are 10-15 million rating lower than us will actually receive more of....

Mng - top 10
    Kenob - number 1
    J11- top 10
    ASR - top 10
    Iso8a 3 times.... - top 10

7 of the 11 matches we’ve had this season are against top 10 alliances. I understand that matchups by rating weren’t perfect but matchups by prestige make even less sense.
    We’re a top 20 aq group that has played against exclusively against top 10 aw AND aq groups. The difference between top 10 and 20 rosters is pretty significant. If PRESTIGE matches for WAR are going to be the new thing then you really need to tweak it because we’ve faced one group outside of the aq top 20.....note that prestige and war are capitalized as those 2 words shouldn’t have anything to do with each other.

I’d love to see the wars some of the “top war groups” right now have had.....
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    It's falling on deaf ears as there hasn't been 1 comment from a mod.
    QuikPik said:

Plenty of threads where a mod doesn’t answer. Doesn’t mean I won’t stop trying lol.

If prestige wars are going to be a thing then I hope by the time the rewards are increased that multipliers for groups facing higher prestige opponents increases as well.

A win against a group at 8-9k prestige shouldn’t net the same points as a win against a 10k+ opponent.

• CobsCobs Posts: 103
    This matchmaking algorithm has made for such a joke of a season. Guys with 2-3 r5’s are in the top3. Im in a top 15 AQ focused alli with no pressure wars, that means this season we have faced
    - NY x2
    - 4loki x2
    - Brae x2
    - Newn x2

We are well out of tier1 range yet still matching tier1 alliances...Working as intended? Lol
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    While
    Cobs said:

This matchmaking algorithm has made for such a joke of a season. Guys with 2-3 r5’s are in the top3. Im in a top 15 AQ focused alli with no pressure wars, that means this season we have faced
    - NY x2
    - 4loki x2
    - Brae x2
    - Newn x2

We are well out of tier1 range yet still matching tier1 alliances...Working as intended? Lol

@Cobs what ally tag? We need to document this ****.
    I would love to see a mod actually comment at some point and not to just close a thread.

Prestige wars are a thing this season and if this is the future something needs to be changed.

Groups with r4’s in their profile are in masters lol.....

QuikPik said:

Plenty of threads where a mod doesn’t answer. Doesn’t mean I won’t stop trying lol.

If prestige wars are going to be a thing then I hope by the time the rewards are increased that multipliers for groups facing higher prestige opponents increases as well.

A win against a group at 8-9k prestige shouldn’t net the same points as a win against a 10k+ opponent.

We should all keep trying as that validity of war season rankings is at stake.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Current season rewards low prestige. Needs to be changed for future seasons.

Some alliances in masters are getting away with it as good as daylight robbery. Never having to face an actual top 10 alliance yet placing in the top 10 themselves.
    Our last war is a +55 and -10.

You gotta be kidding me.

This season is a complete joke. How the hell does prestige mean anything for wars.....
    I’m hoping Kabam is being quiet because they know it sucks....
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos

Any comment on how prestige based matchups have completely flipped alliance wars on their head?

My top 20 aq group has faced:

Mng
    Fnx
    Asr
    Kenob x 2
    Iso8a x 3 (yes, that’s 3 times...)
    J11

Yet you have groups in platinum 1 and even master top 3 that have been facing all gold level alliances every war.
    What has happened is the best 8500 prestige alliance gets a spot in master. The next best 4-6 at that prestige point get a spot in plat 1. It trickles on down from there. It's clear that none of these alliances have played any of the higher prestige alliances in that tier. There's no way an 8500 prestige alliance would stand a chance against the likes of Kenob, NY Guardians, MMX, etc...

It just gets worse the further down you go. 10-12m alliances in Gold 1. Typical Gold 1 alliances have a handful of R5 and a good amount of R4 5* on defense. These small alliances in Gold 1 are fielding all 4* on defense.
    I forgot who first said it but you basically have a little league team going 12-0 somehow being awarded the World Series trophy.
    That was me...I'm here to support you on this endeavor because this is just a slap in the face to 75% of alliances.
    QuikPik said:

That was me...I'm here to support you on this endeavor because this is just a slap in the face to 75% of alliances.

Thanks bud! Someone has to bring it up lol!

• Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Fully support changing this unjustifiable prestige-based matchmaking.

Made worse only by the utter lack of transparency by the game team on this sudden change.

Kabam encouraged everyone to push prestige by revamping AQ rewards, so teams ranked useless prestige champs like Thor Rag, Goldpool, Phoenix. And now suddenly their high prestige is hurting them in AW without warning, and the irony is that their high prestige champs are actually of no use in AW. They would have in fact been better off NOT ranking these champs at all since then they would have had lower prestige and been getting easier match ups.

It is not fair for kabam to keep changing the rules of the game
    I can see the merit behind prestige based wars since tanking was how people were messing with the previous match making method.

HOWEVER you can’t be rewarding the best of the bottom alliances with the best items in the game.

If prestige wars remain then change the way points are awarded. Total slap in the face to see groups who don’t even have people at level 60 in “master.”
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    We've had the worst match making of any season. Consistently matched with alliances 8 Mil higher and with a 600 higher war rating. Fun times
    Anybody else care to share their matches this season?

Top 20 aq, tier 1 matches below in no particular order;

(All of the below were at best a +40/-20, the worst being +60 and a +55)

Mng
    Asr
    Fnx
    J11
    Kenob x 2
    Iso8A x 3

And then 3 matches within our rating!!!!!

I’ve heard there are groups that matched each other back to back which is supposed to not be possible, definitely working as intended.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I think rank in AQ has no meaning as it is dependent on the maps you’re doing. A better indicator would be Prestige if that’s ok to divulge.
    xNig said:

I think rank in AQ has no meaning as it is dependent on the maps you’re doing. A better indicator would be Prestige if that’s ok to divulge.

Definitely not providing my alliances’ prestige. We’re top 20 aq matching nothing but top 10 in war and aq......nothing outside of top 20 in either game mode.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Definitely not providing my alliances’ prestige. We’re top 20 aq matching nothing but top 10 in war and aq......nothing outside of top 20 in either game mode.
    Yup. Which is why I mentioned “if that’s ok to divulge”. No worries.

At least we can have a rough gauge.
    Ultra8529 said:

Fully support changing this unjustifiable prestige-based matchmaking.

Made worse only by the utter lack of transparency by the game team on this sudden change.

Kabam encouraged everyone to push prestige by revamping AQ rewards, so teams ranked useless prestige champs like Thor Rag, Goldpool, Phoenix. And now suddenly their high prestige is hurting them in AW without warning, and the irony is that their high prestige champs are actually of no use in AW. They would have in fact been better off NOT ranking these champs at all since then they would have had lower prestige and been getting easier match ups.

It is not fair for kabam to keep changing the rules of the game

They get points for Diversity😂
    And just like that, first war of the off-season is +62/-3 lol......
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Lol our last war of season 9 was against an alli 14 mil above ours.😂😂😂. They were a tier 1 alli and were tier 5! How in the world does that make sense?😂. Was a good time, pretty silly though.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

And just like that, first war of the off-season is +62/-3 lol......

Our first war is +18/-80 so while potentially good for us, it’s horrible for our opponents. Looks to be another match with ~150 points difference in rating.