**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best Avenger for Save the Battlerealm, Reality Path on Epic?

MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
I used my R3 4* Hulk to easily clear all of the paths on Epic with the expectation of the Reality Path. Because Thing is on a Buffet node, Hulk's fury stacks allows Thing to regen like crazy.

However, I haven't much success with the other Avengers on that path. Everyone I have is at R3 4* (with the exception of Iron Man at R2 5*), and I have a hell of a time getting past MODOK with any of them. I haven't tried Thor yet, but because he spams armor buffs, I imagine he won't be much use against Thing.

Which Avenger have people had the most success with on the Reality Path?

Comments

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Cpt America .. myself ..

Cleared it after I had Hawkeye .. Hawkeye couldn't clear his own path .. LOL

I suspect Black Widow might work as well?
    *shrug*
    Haven't tried though
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Cap
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    Used a 4/40 Hawkeye last week for THING path, but had to use a couple revives (didn't want to wait and see what Thor would offer). Only path I needed a Revive for besides maybe 1 on Void (Hulk and Cap cleared all other paths).
    FYI, used my higher Sig Ability 4* Hawkeye instead of Dup’d 5* r2 of comparable rating (because 4* had much higher Sig for Bleed Damage for Modok).
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    HE 5r2. Boosted up and used 3 revives. Could have used less revives but I played sloppy
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    HAwkeye.. 4*4/4 duped.

For modok, parry + 3shot combo, parry + sp1, Bait specials if needed, rince and repeat.

For thing, had to use 3-4 revives...

I tried with hulk, not a chance!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Hawkeye. Use the sp3 on Thing, and you should be fine. Didn't use any revives with my 4* rank 3
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 591 ★★
    Hulk for me ran through it pretty easy

I couldn't get my hawkeye to sp3 against Thing would just keep spamming unblockable and I was toast....
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    Wayntos said:

How were you able to handle Thing's regeneration? Hulk's furies would spam a lot of regeneration because Thing is on a Buffet node.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Cap for me.

On M.O.D.O.K., parry and heavy till Cap reached special 2.

On Thing, parry and no special use.
  • FabriciusFabricius Posts: 48
    I used Hulk for most of the paths. No difficulty
    edited May 2019

MoeyTehr said:

Wayntos said:

How were you able to handle Thing's regeneration? Hulk's furies would spam a lot of regeneration because Thing is on a Buffet node.
    The trick (actually, not really a trick) is to hold onto your bars and basically spam your sp3 AFTER he hits you with HIS sp3. The furies you stack and the damage you DON'T eat while he tries to pummel you during his unstoppable (but not invulnerable) should keep you near 3 bars while your timer ticks down, so you basically spam your sp3 or string as many sp2s and you'll eventually defeat the regen. It's sloppy as heck but a wonder to behold. I 100%ed everything with just a 4/40 Hulk.
    Ahhhh, okay. I'll give that a try. I've done that a few times in other fights but I didn't think to try that with Thing. Thanks.

If that doesn't work, I guess it's back to trying Cap and Hawkeye again since that seems pretty popular.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I tried bw for sp3 stun lock. Well she was maxed r5 4 star. Managed to lower health of Thing by 14%, but must be quick at tapping the sp3 or else you would lose power. Just atk till full power, launch sp3, MM hit, sp3, MM hit sp3, rinse repeat.

MoeyTehr said:

Wayntos said:

The trick (actually, not really a trick) is to hold onto your bars and basically spam your sp3 AFTER he hits you with HIS sp3. The furies you stack and the damage you DON'T eat while he tries to pummel you during his unstoppable (but not invulnerable) should keep you near 3 bars while your timer ticks down, so you basically spam your sp3 or string as many sp2s and you'll eventually defeat the regen. It's sloppy as heck but a wonder to behold. I 100%ed everything with just a 4/40 Hulk.
    I dont want to question your skills, but I haven’t seen 1 video on youtube where the Hulk with the power stone takes down The Thing on a buffet node. Today, when Seatin posted his video on Thor, he even acknowledged that taking down the Thing with the stone is impossible.

Not in Epic difficulty. In Master difficulty I took down the Thing with the Hulk.

Mechanically it is just impossible, you can throw as many Sp3, and Sp2 as you want, Hulk cant take out more than 2,5% of health per SP. And since he is on a buffet node he regens 10% of max health for every active buff every 7 seconds...

Now please prove me wrong and post a video of your fight. I want to see it, every one wants to see it. And if anybody else got a link or a vid of the Hulk taking down the Thing in Epic difficulty please share with the community, we want to learn.

With that in mind, who is Seatin's choice for taking down Thing in Epic?
  • MorgothMelkorMorgothMelkor Posts: 95
    edited May 2019
    I cleared it with hulk and one single revive... found out about cap right after I finished it, apparently he works best.... whit hulk I had no problem taking him down to 30/40% but at that point he would be constantly unstoppable/unblockable... so what I did in my second try is I took him down to 30% quit, revived and finished him off.... you can take him down to about 40% with stun lock, it just gets a bit sloppy when he gets unstoppable but definitely doable
    edited May 2019

I cleared it with hulk and one single revive... found out about cap right after I finished it, apparently he works best.... whit hulk I had no problem taking him down to 30/40% but at that point he would be constantly unstoppable/unblockable... so what I did in my second try is I took him down to 30% quit, revived and finished him off.... you can take him down to about 40% with stun lock, it just gets a bit sloppy when he gets unstoppable but definitely doable

My friend got Hulk 4* 4/5, and he shows me a video where he take the thing down to les than 50%... during that span, the thing regened 7x.

The buffet node seemed bug, because many times the hulk was getting indestructible and fury buffs and the regen did not kick in. Also at one time, my friend got in a 28 combo, and he took out a huge chunk of health out of the The thing... making me wonder if the cap of 2,5% damage health was also bugged for the thing...

I read a few times here on this forum, that players could take down the thing with a hulk 4* 4/5.... could that be the key?

My friend is really good and he will try to one shot him, and post a video on line, if he does, i will post it on youtube and put a link here...

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    I did it with r2 5* Hulk, I used 1 revive and stun chained thing with my sp1, took 165 hits but I beat him lol
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    edited May 2019
    4* R4/40 hulk (unduped) did it all for me.
    Seems like a 4*4/5 hulk is the perfect match for the thing in buffet node
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    Sure, eventually one might get lucky enough with a Hulk in the right circumstances to do THAT particular path of “Modok-Thing” (of course, everyone is in agreement that hulk is great for all the other paths). Still a lot easier using Hawkeye on that path in question though.

Those less experienced, looking for advise on who is best for them to use, should probably just stick to Hawkeye (or maybe Cap).
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Use a *low level* Hulk OG for that path. It must be low level.
    Use 2* or 3*.

The reason is simple, any hit on these low level champs is always going to be >5%.
    So, once you get hit, they can't damage you anymore, and you can then stack furies like crazy, and keep using specials to stun & double your furies.
    Then, as you are beating them to a pulp, you are also healing back that 5% that you lost. You can basically keep doing SP3 on The Thing to death