**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My first 5* is gambit so what now

So i got gambit and i heard hes pretty bad so should i rank him up???

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    If you want and can, sure. If you want to save resources for someone better do it
  • RichardCraniumRichardCranium Posts: 94
    Depends on your roster. As a first 5* , taking him to r2 might be helpful.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Bring him to variant immediately. 😅Seriously though he's not really useful anywhere else so focus on your four stars
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    It could've been much worse, he probably has some uses. Take him to rank 2 if you enjoy playing him.
  • SligSlig Posts: 342 ★★
    He isn’t very good but he has his uses (like in variant).
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    When you start Ultron's Assault Variant, I think you will be happy he is sitting in your roster
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    You wait for a good champ is what's next i wouldn't take him past rank 1 honestly maybe 2 if you like him but don't waste resources on him
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    To the OP, Rank and use him until you earn more. That's how you progress in the game. You use what you have until you have more and better options. Especially if he's your only 5*.
  • binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    Ranking Up gambit is depends up on your roaster if you have god tier 4 stars then don't other wise rank him up to r2 ,In future you can use him to clear variant 1 and act 5 power reserve nodes using stun chains.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Chain stun on the sp1.... variant use.....

But keep ypur ressources
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Wouldn't take up him past 1-3 depending on your roster and if you need him, he's not to good but can chain stun people to death with his special 1 and has decent special 2&3 but he's not to good overall
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    To be honest, he's better than he gets credit for. You need to understand how to work Prowess. He's one of the first Charge Champs. Build them up, then fire a Heavy to activate Prowess. Then work your Specials and Heavies.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    R3 if you want to do Variant Ultron. Other than that he is pretty awful.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I have him r3 as a 5*. Use his prowess and stuns. Pretty decent champ. Compare him to others like hulkbuster and he is god tier.
    The benefit of being a five star is a larger health pool than your four stars. Helps a lot through questing.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Save the resources for great 4*, I wouldn't do anything with Gambit until you are ready for variant.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    He is a decent champ to start off with my tip is don't forget to build up his prowess when necessary
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Gambit is pretty decent imo
    R2 definitely as he's your first 5 star.
    Unless of course you have a team of god tier 4 stars.
    You know ranking up 4 stars is way cheaper..
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    Cry
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Gambit is actually pretty decent. Not amazing, but decent. My first and only 5* is Civil Warrior. I’m still salty.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

Gambit is actually pretty decent. Not amazing, but decent. My first and only 5* is Civil Warrior. I’m still salty.

I agree with you about Gambit; but I'd echo the same sentiments about Civil Warrior - not amazing, but decent.

He's a good champion for a developing or moderately skilled player; but not a great champion for an advanced player. He's designed as mostly a defensive/guardian champ, so his damage isn't great; but his Power Control and armour capabilities are very under-rated.

Being defensively-minded is why people don't rate him very highly; since advanced players with the skills not to get hit gain less from his defensive abilities; so don't appreciate them. If you think about it, many of the 'meme-tier' champions are primarily defensive; such as Colossus, Hulkbuster, Ant-Man. They're all champions you gain less from, the less advanced you are. A beginner who gets hit a lot will appreciate Ant-Man or Colossus, whereas an advanced player who hardly ever gets hit just sees them as a paperweight.

CW isn't meme-tier; and is actually a pretty good 5* Power Control Tech champion; particularly given that there's no 5* Vision AoU, and Classic Vision is only available by purchase.

He's no Stark Spiderman; but then he's not original Iron Man, either. Seriously, don't be salty, and give him a chance!