**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Diablo and Ebony Maw Changes

IDogeIDoge Posts: 409 ★★
edited June 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
The mystic class is already in poor condition after the MD nerf (mostly for AWD). Adding these two champs... really did nothing for the class. They both find no use in the game offensively and defensively and are unplayable in quests. I think these two champs are due for a Sentry type buff to bump up their usefulness and maybe some future synergies too. The problem with Diablo is that he can run out of potions very easily in quests without synergies and his potions have a very short duration in fights. Maybe increasing the maximum potions in a quest and increasing his potion duration and potency can help him out. For Ebony Maw, his problems are that his degeneration damage is lacking, his persistant charges are gained too slowly, and he can only have 6 persistant charges. To fix him, each mission he completes could count towards a persistant charge and the maximum amount should be increased to 12. Missions should not be counted after this number because it can be very annoying spending all of your deterioration passives when you dont want to. His degeneration could be increased in potency and duration as well. Maybe increased duration for each deterioration passive on the opponent?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You want Maw to do more Damage AND avoid Guaranteed Crits? Don't you think that's OP?
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Speaking of Sentry, he is still garbage, even after buff
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    IDoge said:

Speaking of Sentry, he is still garbage, even after buff

https://youtu.be/dqpIq-C90Wc
    Beat me to it. Thanks lol
    IDoge said:

The point I'm making is they can't have it all. If you have a Champ that literally can't be hit by Guaranteed Crits, giving them too much Damage would be tipping the scales.

Mister Sinister can heal from guaranteed crits and is 10x better than Maw. He is one of the best defenders out so far and is very useful on attack.
    First off, not all Champs are OP. Lol. Secondly, there's a big difference between Heal and not being able to get hit altogether.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    In all fairness we've had three mystic champs released since the start of 2018: one last year (Sym Supreme - awesome champ) and two this year (Diablo and Maw, quite possibly the two worst champions since 2018 started)

Maybe this shod actually be considered when thinking about a once great class that has truly fallen apart.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

You want Maw to do more Damage AND avoid Guaranteed Crits? Don't you think that's OP?

No it’s not op at all, 1 is a defence ability that takes effect in about 4 matchups and one is an offensive perk, overall his defence is bad besides against Corvus and ghost, and his offence is below terrible, I get not every champ on attack can be a god, but at least make him a good pull for somebody to get at the start or give him something that makes him playable, a degen damage buff, make black tongue 70% instead of 30, anything, just make him at least alright
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    He’s really really terrible. They recommend recoil for him too since you can take advantage of the l3 by stealing power. He does almost no dmg. My 6* took 145 hits against a hype in act 6. A champion he is virtually designed to fight. A 6* against an optimal match up. It was really really painful. The only reason it wasn’t more was I went to special 2s.

Sorry this is ebony maw ^
    edited June 2019
    Lvernon15 said:

No it’s not op at all, 1 is a defence ability that takes effect in about 4 matchups and one is an offensive perk, overall his defence is bad besides against Corvus and ghost, and his offence is below terrible, I get not every champ on attack can be a god, but at least make him a good pull for somebody to get at the start or give him something that makes him playable, a degen damage buff, make black tongue 70% instead of 30, anything, just make him at least alright
    Now, no. When you add that to Damage that is strong, it becomes OP. Everything goes into balancing Champs, and it's not just as simple as a couple tweaks here and there. Some Champs don't have high output. Been that way since the beginning of the game.
  • Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171

Lvernon15 said:

Now, no. When you add that to Damage that is strong, it becomes OP. Everything goes into balancing Champs, and it's not just as simple as a couple tweaks here and there. Some Champs don't have high output. Been that way since the beginning of the game.
    It was like that at the beginning of the game because the game came out half assed
    All people are asking for is a slightly better damage dealer on offense
    He is a lot worse than the characters that have been coming out and it would be nice for him to be more on par
    And next time maybe u should realize that kabam isn’t going to anything anyway so u don’t need to include your quasi intelligent theories on every post
    Ghosty64 said:

Lvernon15 said:

It was like that at the beginning of the game because the game came out half assed
    All people are asking for is a slightly better damage dealer on offense
    He is a lot worse than the characters that have been coming out and it would be nice for him to be more on par
    And next time maybe u should realize that kabam isn’t going to anything anyway so u don’t need to include your quasi intelligent theories on every post
    I'm aware of what prompted the subject. Aside from that, it comes up whenever a new Champ is released that isn't a heavy Damage Champ. It almost always ignores the other attributes they have going on, which is why I point them out.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

You can’t deny he’s possibly the worst offense champ of the year maybe diablo but he can hit harder and regen at least
    When you introduce a Champ that literally makes it impossible to hit with certain Champs, you're not about to add Damage to the mix. It's called balancing. Strengths and weaknesses. Some Champs aren't hard hitters. Not all are.
    edited June 2019

When you introduce a Champ that literally makes it impossible to hit with certain Champs, you're not about to add Damage to the mix. It's called balancing. Strengths and weaknesses. Some Champs aren't hard hitters. Not all are.

1 champion out of 130 plus
    I don’t think so
    Ghosty64 said:

1 champion out of 130 plus
    I don’t think so
    Yes. One Champion out of over 150, and he MUST have a Damage standard? Why is that? YouTube says so?
    It's relevant becuase balancing involves what a Champ is capable overall. Not just Damage.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★

It's relevant becuase balancing involves what a Champ is capable overall. Not just Damage.

But ebony is not balance he had the high ground above like 4 champs and his damage is completely atrocious where is the balance
    Balance doesn't mean they will have equal Offense and Defense. Balance means having strengths and weaknesses. He's not just good against 4 Champs on Defense. He has Nullify, and can Falter any Champ. He just doesn't have a high Damage output without ramping up the Degen.

Balance doesn't mean they will have equal Offense and Defense. Balance means having strengths and weaknesses. He's not just good against 4 Champs on Defense. He has Nullify, and can Falter any Champ. He just doesn't have a high Damage output without ramping up the Degen.

It’s hard to ramp up the degen without activist one and consuming all the deterioration
    If they could make it so the deterioration wasn’t consumed but balance the degen damage better
    He would probably be actually good
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

Dude, you've been going at it over and over. You're wrong. Get over it. We're not saying he needs to be OP, you're deciding that for yourself. We're saying he needs to be better, cause he stinks.
    Etjama said:

Dude, you've been going at it over and over. You're wrong. Get over it. We're not saying he needs to be OP, you're deciding that for yourself. We're saying he needs to be better, cause he stinks.
    Your opinion is that I'm wrong. I disagree, and I've explained my reasons. You don't have to agree with me, but I'm certainly not going to leave a conversation because of a difference of opinion. That's the whole point of having one. The Champ is barely out and people are already deducing he needs improvement. Not all Champs will be hard-hitters. Not all new Champs will be viable options at the End-Game and higher Tier levels. In fact, I'd say they did pretty well with that in Cull. He has different uses than raw Damage output. Plain and simple. I don't care who registers what opinion or expresses what thought, but I don't have to agree, and I don't need to get on the bandwagon whenever a Video is released that sends the masses here. Sorry.
    edited June 2019
    Really? Is that all I said, or did I explain two more ways he's useful? Read the Spotlight. Better yet, get him, raise his Sig to significant enough levels, and test him in more than one Fight in ROL, over more time than a day or two, then formulate a view. That's what happens. People have one very limited definition of what's good and what's not, don't spend enough time getting to know them, and then come to say they should be buffed while the Champ is still wet behind the ears.
This discussion has been closed.