**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

quake's evade

from abilities quake can only evade champs under concussion right? Then how she evading in fights against debuff immune?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    yetti said:

from abilities quake can only evade champs under concussion right? Then how she evading in fights against debuff immune?

Do you mean when she is charging heavy, or in general, a little more clarification is needed.

it is only he guaranteed basic that requires Concussion. you can still dex as normal
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    No, the OP is right. She evades only by inflicting concussion, which is a debuff*. So if the champ is debuff immune (or concussion immune), she shouldn't work.

*Unsure? Next time you're charging her heavy in Arena, take a look: it's not only a debuff, you're triggering Willpower and sometimes causing your opponents to heal more than you're hurting them. At least until the Aftershock kicks in.

Also, @PeterQuill, you might want to be careful using her against IMIW. Learned that lesson the hard way...
  • yettiyetti Posts: 7
    i was referring to her auto evade mechanism
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    yetti said:

i was referring to her auto evade mechanism

do you have evidence of her auto evading someone who is concussion immune?
    yes, there are many fights against debuff immune champs..
    https://youtu.be/bfT5KYzyPzk
  • Noob371Noob371 Posts: 26

No, the OP is right. She evades only by inflicting concussion, which is a debuff*. So if the champ is debuff immune (or concussion immune), she shouldn't work.

*Unsure? Next time you're charging her heavy in Arena, take a look: it's not only a debuff, you're triggering Willpower and sometimes causing your opponents to heal more than you're hurting them. At least until the Aftershock kicks in.

Also, @PeterQuill, you might want to be careful using her against IMIW. Learned that lesson the hard way...

I'm not a big quake user but I know when using her against aa it says he is immune but she still evades
  • Thunder5715Thunder5715 Posts: 98
    Quake evades two different ways.

One is when she is charging heavy she will evade the first attack no matter what unless the attacker has some kind of anti evade mechanic. Like imiw, havok, domino, ghost, or coldsnap. This one doesn't care about debuff immune. But it does negates by true strike.

Second is she will evade everything except special attack if the enemy is under concussion. For as long as they are under concussion.

Hope it helps. :)
  • Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    @Thunder5715 you are correct however the reason she evades while charging heavy is because she puts a concussion on the opponent while charging her heavy I for one hadn’t thought about this until seeing this post because she also wouldn’t be able to evade champs like aa due to his immunity to aar or any champ on a force of will node. I’m hoping a mod can clarify that this is working as intended and is hopefully an issue with her description as opposed to a true bug that will lead to her being unusable in these match ups if fixed. But nothing in her description allows her to evade an attack without them having an active concussion debuff and she’s most definitely is doing this against force of will nodes and debuff immune champs.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Guys, I'm really hoping this is not an attempt to nerf her, especially now that the cats out of the bag (thanks KT1) and we now know she's the best champ in the game. She has alwsys been able to do what the op is questioning.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Dsc0721 said:

@Thunder5715 you are correct however the reason she evades while charging heavy is because she puts a concussion on the opponent while charging her heavy I for one hadn’t thought about this until seeing this post because she also wouldn’t be able to evade champs like aa due to his immunity to aar or any champ on a force of will node. I’m hoping a mod can clarify that this is working as intended and is hopefully an issue with her description as opposed to a true bug that will lead to her being unusable in these match ups if fixed. But nothing in her description allows her to evade an attack without them having an active concussion debuff and she’s most definitely is doing this against force of will nodes and debuff immune champs.

I like you also didn't think too much about this until i saw this post. While i agree with you that quake in this circumstance should not auto-evade against debuff immune, she should still be able to auto-evade AA because AA being immune to AAR does not affect quake's ability to auto evade unless AA is awakened and has inflicted neurotoxins.

Dsc0721 said:

I like you also didn't think too much about this until i saw this post. While i agree with you that quake in this circumstance should not auto-evade against debuff immune, she should still be able to auto-evade AA because AA being immune to AAR does not affect quake's ability to auto evade unless AA is awakened and has inflicted neurotoxins.
    As AA is immune to AAR, he is immune to concussion debuff. If u try to place a concussion, it will keep showing that he is immune. As quake is supposed to evade only champs under concussion, how is she evading AA? 🤔
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    yetti said:

Dsc0721 said:

As AA is immune to AAR, he is immune to concussion debuff. If u try to place a concussion, it will keep showing that he is immune. As quake is supposed to evade only champs under concussion, how is she evading AA? 🤔
    You are correct haha, I always thought that just because AA is immune to ability accuracy reduction doesn't mean he's immune to the concussion debuffs itself, but you have shown me otherwise haha.

On that note though, I have tried Quake against AA, and she auto evades AA just fine while holding heavy. So either 1) it's a bug, 2) while quake is holding heavy the concussion, though AA is immune to it, keeps getting perpetually reapplied or something, leading the game to believe that AA has a concussion on.
  • Thunder5715Thunder5715 Posts: 98
    @Dsc0721 @Championcritic I don't know what it is. I just know how it works currently. Being an extensive quake player I can say heavy attack evade isn't depending on concussion as we can use that against archangel or even kingpin boss in aq.

Now if one day kabam comes up saying it was a bug and they "fixed" it what can we do other than accept it. Like we accepted drax "fix" or archangel "fix".

All I know is how it's currently working. Considering she is an old champ and they didn't have half a book long ability description for these champs and it's been like this for more than an year I would like to think this is how it works and this is how it's intented to work.
  • Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    Oh man I totally agree but nothing in her description says she can without concussion. I use my quake for everything now I’m just worried they will “fix” her @Thunder5715
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Nerf Inbound....