**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW node bug new map - psychic Thorns

So I just took lane 3 in the new tier 1 AW map and BWs signature ability does not work against “psychic thorns”. How’s that even possible? She works against any Thorns damage so far and it doesn’t explain anywhere in the node description that ability reduction does not prevent this Thorns damage.
On top when using Void, he doesn’t heal back from using his SP1 even though it is non contact and node description mentions non contact attacks heal for 50% of damage done.
And sure thing Kabam support will give me potions back I used as they are always so helpful.
You should make sure you either a) explain nodes correctly or b) make sure they work properly before releasing new content, but this is just another example of tricking players into using potions.

Comments

• TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    ORs tentacles also take damage on this node.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Have a screenshot of the node description?
  • SoPro14SoPro14 Posts: 5
    I thought that these new nodes will appear in the opening of Season 10. But it is now available in-game during off seasons?
  • MirageNoirMirageNoir Posts: 73

This is the node description. If also OR doesn’t work and also Yondu doesn’t work then the node is bugged. Kabam pls return any potion use to everyone who dies due to that bug.
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    Adding to the list of people experiencing this, Omega Red's tentacle hits taking damage.
  • edited June 2019
    Hey there, we'll ask the rest of the team about this and see what I can find out. Also, for anyone who hasn't already, could you confirm what Champion you were using and at what rank and level when you experienced this issue? Also, could you include if the Champion was awakened and what level their signature ability was at?
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    r5 5* OR sig 200
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    It seems as if non-contact hits do in-fact regenerate 50% of the damage dealt as health back to the attacker (per hit), however any contact hits (Omega Red tentacles) which are proven to bypass these type of game mechanics are not functioning that way. It is either intended (psychic - therefor ability accuracy and OR tentacles cannot bypass) or you need hits like IMIW repulsor hits which are non-contact (or Whoever does non-contact).

Could we get clarification?
    I have used 5* r5 black widow and 5* r5 Void
    Black widow should be able to bypass the damage she gets back as nowhere in the description it is mentioned that ability reduction, which she has due to her signature ability, is not affecting the node effect.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Not only should omega not take damage I died to a 25K health opponent on it with 15k in health to start with. That doesn’t add up to 30% reflected damage.
  • Spiderman404040Spiderman404040 Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    Spider-Man (stark enhanced) 5/65 sig 130. His projectile heavy attack triggers physic thorns but the two web-shots off the sp2 do not. They are all web-shots that the champ doesn’t make physical contact with the defender they should all not trigger psychic thorns.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Omega red 5* 5/65.. sig 200.
  • Blev19Blev19 Posts: 24
    Would quake work?
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★

Spider-Man (stark enhanced) 5/65 sig 130. His projectile heavy attack triggers physic thorns but the two web-shots off the sp2 do not. They are all web-shots that the champ doesn’t make physical contact with the defender they should all not trigger psychic thorns.

SSE's heavy isn't a projectile, as far as I know. I've baited one out with a sig 99 Daredevil and been hit by it.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I took that path last war and after some testing here’s my conclusion.

Psychic thorns work exactly like the regular thorns node. Medium and lights that deal energy damage do not receive thorns damage eg Magneto SymSup. However, this does not heal as it is still a “contact hit” where the attacker makes contact but deals energy damage instead of physical.

Physical attacks will receive the thorns damage. Take OR for example. His medium, light and specials all deal physical damage, hence will take damage from Psychic Thorns. From the looks of it, OR seems to able to avoid damage from “Physical Thorns” (eg Korg) because the tentacles don’t take thorns damage, but against Psychic Thorns he still does because he deals physical damage.

Now that what constitutes as a “contact hit” has been established, what are the “non contact hits” that heal?

Simple. Non contact hits are, in general, projectiles, for example, Blade’s sp1/2 Shurikens/Bullets, War Machine’s full sp1, Iron Man’s sp1/2 etc, anything that is thrown or fired.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Psychic thorns work exactly like the regular thorns node. Medium and lights that deal energy damage do not receive thorns damage eg Magneto SymSup. However, this does not heal as it is still a “contact hit” where the attacker makes contact but deals energy damage instead of physical.

Physical attacks will receive the thorns damage. Take OR for example. His medium, light and specials all deal physical damage, hence will take damage from Psychic Thorns. From the looks of it, OR seems to able to avoid damage from “Physical Thorns” (eg Korg) because the tentacles don’t take thorns damage, but against Psychic Thorns he still does because he deals physical damage.

Now that what constitutes as a “contact hit” has been established, what are the “non contact hits” that heal?

Simple. Non contact hits are, in general, projectiles, for example, Blade’s sp1/2 Shurikens/Bullets, War Machine’s full sp1, Iron Man’s sp1/2 etc, anything that is thrown or fired.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

While this all may be true, it shouldn’t bypass ORs ability to not take immediate damage from tentacles. And I do remember how much you like tentacles
    xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

If this holds true, then at some point, somewhere in the description of the node it has to say that champions abilities cannot bypass this damage. Eg OR usually not taking thorns damage or Black Widow being able to avoid Thorns being triggered back to her.

It is not ok to have players test and spend potions and units on it just because the explanation of the mechanic of the node is sloppy. If Things that have always worked against thorns so far suddenly become obsolete then it has to be mentioned. Or it is a bug, which means that then people should be awarded back any item they had to use.

In any case: this whole experiment because nodes aren’t properly explained part is a major concern about new content being released.
  • Abs_JusticeAbs_Justice Posts: 10
    xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

read OR ability again. nothing to do with physical or not. and energy attack should be counted as non-contact, otherwise dr.strange will take thorn damage from korg. you dont pay attention to the game if you are truly a player and you are not doing a very good job if you are employed by kabam. lol
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited June 2019

read OR ability again. nothing to do with physical or not. and energy attack should be counted as non-contact, otherwise dr.strange will take thorn damage from korg. you dont pay attention to the game if you are truly a player and you are not doing a very good job if you are employed by kabam. lol

DS doesn't take damage from Korg because Korg explicitly doesn't deal thorn damage to attacks that deal energy damage, not because it's non-contact. Perhaps you should pay more attention to abilities before calling out other people.
    edited June 2019

xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Lol. Then be a smart alec, don’t listen to my advice and continue complaining and spending to clear that node then. 😊

xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

While this all may be true, it shouldn’t bypass ORs ability to not take immediate damage from tentacles. And I do remember how much you like tentacles
    I guess it’s cause it’s psychic thorns instead of regular thorns. Yeah sad that long tentacles ain’t gonna cut it this time lol

xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

If this holds true, then at some point, somewhere in the description of the node it has to say that champions abilities cannot bypass this damage. Eg OR usually not taking thorns damage or Black Widow being able to avoid Thorns being triggered back to her.

It is not ok to have players test and spend potions and units on it just because the explanation of the mechanic of the node is sloppy. If Things that have always worked against thorns so far suddenly become obsolete then it has to be mentioned. Or it is a bug, which means that then people should be awarded back any item they had to use.

In any case: this whole experiment because nodes aren’t properly explained part is a major concern about new content being released.
    Just re-read OR’s abilities. It states that the tentacles are immune to enemies abilities that deal instant passive damage.

If we were to be very technical about it, Psychic thorns isn’t an “enemy ability”, it’s a node.

When planning for this path I kinda expected OR to be unable to bypass it so I had my alliance’s Quakes and SymSups handle that path.
    Ordalca said:

DS doesn't take damage from Korg because Korg explicitly doesn't deal thorn damage to attacks that deal energy damage, not because it's non-contact. Perhaps you should pay more attention to abilities before calling out other people.
    He’s just trying to seem like he’s very knowledgeable. Knocked into a metal board this time.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Ok, looks like I found it. Was asking if anyone knew of a thread regarding Omega Red's interaction with this node and if it was intended. Will stay tuned for further information.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Just re-read OR’s abilities. It states that the tentacles are immune to enemies abilities that deal instant passive damage.

If we were to be very technical about it, Psychic thorns isn’t an “enemy ability”, it’s a node.

When planning for this path I kinda expected OR to be unable to bypass it so I had my alliance’s Quakes and SymSups handle that path.
    Again. I am mostly referring to black widow whose signature ability works perfectly against eg spiked armor nodes. Or Korg, not taking damage from his Thorns either. So again, the node description of psychic thorns mention nowhere that the mechanic is different from normal thorns. Nor does it explain that ability reduction is not able to bypass this. Which is sloppy and making people have to test it. Meaning people, again, will use potions because Kabam just has no clear explanation of its nodes which is not acceptable. Everyone here can be a smartass about how to interpret certain nodes but the fact that we need to interpret it in the first place and after having experimented is a joke. Say what it is then people can bring appropriate champs and nothing to complain about.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

And just adding if nodes are not abilities as it is mentioned in descriptions, how come eg BW signature ability works against the node spiked armor but not psychic thorns? Again, it’s about consistency. Kabam cannot simply choose to make it work on one node, but not on another and expect people to find out by trial error.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

How come omega red works vs thorns and spiked armor as they don’t come from enemies abilities
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Hope this helps. Cheers.

How come omega red works vs thorns and spiked armor as they don’t come from enemies abilities
    I mentioned it in a previous post, not sure whether it's this thread, about "Contact" vs "Non-Contact" hits.

Psychic Thorns seem to work differently from normal "Physical" Thorns as it considers all regular, non-projectile hits as "Contact" hits.

Although OR reduces damage from regular Thorns and Spiked Armor as they deal physical damage, as explicitly stated in their node descriptions, he takes Psychic (my guess it's Energy) damage from Psychic Thorns that the tentacles do not remove.

A way to test this is to use a Bishop against that node and see whether he takes lesser damage from Psychic Thorns.
This discussion has been closed.