**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost gets damage from hitting Namor

Comments

• dammerrrrrdammerrrrr Posts: 7
    Kabam,ghost taking damage while hitting namor is bug or is it part of his signature ability
    So you guys now telling us how to play against your bugs instead of fixing it,are you mad.Are you guys working on bug or it is part of his signature ability to nerf ghost.
    How many resources we have to use on your bugs. If you book ticket for compensation ,u guys will say sorry we can't help with compensation we are working on bugs,we are suffering from these bugs from several months
  • RejectzRejectz Posts: 5
    TRONG94 said:

Most of us use Ghost by baiting opponents to hit one or two first hits of their combos or 4 first hits as maximum. Her phase lasts only 2 secs, which is always below the duration of a 5 hit combo. So waiting to punish Namor out of Ghost's phasing at the end of his combo is impractical.

Only if u mean for the whole fight we have to intercept him from far away or let him do 5 hit combo, make a quick dash back then do a quick dash in or parry him then phase then hit (well not practical either, he shrugs off debuffs right away). But I think A.I. in UC difficulty is so excellent, during their mid-combos, if Ghost dashes away, they will stop performing a full combo. Therefore, intercepting after their last hit of a combo is highly impossible.

Zibiit probably means you can hit him mid combo which is good for ghost because she can phase intercept anybody. Also namor doesn’t always do 5 hit combos. The A.I. Sometimes does two hit combos by doing 2 medium attacks back to back. By the way he explained it, it might be easier for ghost, invisible woman or ebony maw than anybody else with the update on its awakened ability.

Hey there everyone, the team took a look into this and we will be implementing a change to Namor's signature ability later today. You can find more information here. We'll be shortening the timing window of Namor's Signature ability to bring it more in line with his attack animations. This will make it easier to punish Namor without having your attack damage reflected. However, it will still be risky to attack him during a Combo, since the time between strikes is still very short. This will mostly be helping with attacking him the final hits of his combo and will be most beneficial to Champions that cause opponents to Miss.

@trong94 he said that it’s risky to attack him mid combo because of the time span between attacks. But if you are good enough with ghost, you can phase intercept him at any point during his combo.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    When is this fix live so we can test it?
  • Rektor said:

This is not a fix, but an update to make him a little easier for players. It is live now. But let me be super clear on this, the usual Ghost method of play is not going to be good against Namor. She is not a good match against Namor.
    @Kabam Miike I just tested it with ghost. When phase intercepting namor, I was getting damaged back to me every other 8 hits or so. Is the damage reflected gonna be randomized or does it have a sequence?
    I played another fight against namor and didn’t get damage reflected at all. I’m just curious as to when do you trigger the reflected damage to you.
  • Abs_JusticeAbs_Justice Posts: 10
    if it is not a bug, how come videos on youtube with ghost fighting namor so smooth? The only explanation left is that the ghost players posted videos are much better since they can time the milliseconds between the attack interim that is not counted as 'attack time' while other players are simply not good enough.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Post fix, it seems that if you hit too soon after Namor's attack, you'll get thorns damage, but wait just a slight bit longer and you can still successfully intercept before he recovers and not take damage. I suspect this was the change in timing that they made.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    edited June 2019

Rektor said:

This is not a fix, but an update to make him a little easier for players. It is live now. But let me be super clear on this, the usual Ghost method of play is not going to be good against Namor. She is not a good match against Namor.
    How is it making him easier if the core champion affected by this fun and interactive working is still affected after the fix? And since when is dealing damage to a champion an instance of "taking damage while hitting the opponent" for the champion getting hit? Afaik, unless both champions are Unstoppable, only one champion can hit the other. This interaction literally means that the game is considering Ghost and Namor are both successful landing hits on each other which is obviously not the case. I was going to give you guys credit for providing a swift fix, but seeing as you did a terrible job I'm going to hold off on that.

Rektor said:

So the fact that ghost may still take damage from namors sig ability is admitting that an attack(namor)can be attacked(ghost) during. never realized there is so much philosophy in this gamr.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    edited June 2019

if it is not a bug, how come videos on youtube with ghost fighting namor so smooth? The only explanation left is that the ghost players posted videos are much better since they can time the milliseconds between the attack interim that is not counted as 'attack time' while other players are simply not good enough.

With how the AI has been "improving" consistently for the past few months and all the combat lag, them expecting us to tighten our timing on the intercept even further is a little out of hand. I already tried staggering my hits and while I'm sure it can be done with some practice, it adds an unnecessary element of difficulty to an already hard to master champion which, in my opinion, is completely unnecessary. She is at a point now where if you intercept too late, the AI dexes your hit and slugs you to next Wednesday and if you intercept too early you basically take that crit damage yourself.

With how the AI has been "improving" consistently for the past few months and all the combat lag, them expecting us to tighten our timing on the intercept even further is a little out of hand. I already tried staggering my hits and while I'm sure it can be done with some practice, it adds an unnecessary element of difficulty to an already hard to master champion which, in my opinion, is completely unnecessary. She is at a point now where if you intercept too late, the AI dexes your hit and slugs you to next Wednesday and if you intercept too early you basically take that crit damage yourself.
    And by that, the difficulty to play ghost has achieved a total new level AGAIN. When is the least time the EQ boss is friendly to gost player? From Nick Fury doesnt miss, Cap Marvel amor break through block, Annialus armor break, human torch still has 'doest miss' ability under conditions, not to mention ebony maw lasst month.... Nice job KABAM
    TRONG94 said:

How about removing characters who deal
    no DoTs or thorn damage out of the effect of Namor's sig? I think it is not too hard to recode that.

"that is agianst the fundamental idea of namors ability" i guess that will be their reply and funny enough the description of namors sig ability is ambiguous itself and they cannot explain how an attack(namors) can be attacked(ghosts) since namor reflect damage only when attacking
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★

Hey there everyone, the team took a look into this and we will be implementing a change to Namor's signature ability later today. You can find more information here. We'll be shortening the timing window of Namor's Signature ability to bring it more in line with his attack animations. This will make it easier to punish Namor without having your attack damage reflected. However, it will still be risky to attack him during a Combo, since the time between strikes is still very short. This will mostly be helping with attacking him the final hits of his combo and will be most beneficial to Champions that cause opponents to Miss.

So you're saying you can't make his signature ability to stop working at the exact time when he stops attacking?
    But instead it will still takes affect for a very short period of time when he is attacked a.k.a. the first attack he got hit? Wow.
    What's the reason of this? Do you guys can't do the adjustment due to the lack of technology or dev's skill?
    Or any other reasons?
    Please enlighten us all @Kabam Zibiit
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Well.. good news is we can use Namor for these fun and interactive tunnel vision fights and watch the enemy helplessly KO themselves after Namor misses them and they retaliate.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

I just found out the best way to counter him out of phase is hitting right after his 1st medium hit into phase. Time gap is larger than after a light hit. You should not get thorn dmg with this.

You stil hav to delay you ackt a tiny bit ist to long
    TRONG94 said:

@Gamer, give it a try. At least we do not have to change the whole style to play Ghost. I just tested in master mode and no thorn dmg at all

Hav try and I’m got totally danmged back if I’m didn’t. Delay a tiny bit but I’m even agerd after all
    TRONG94 said:

@Gamer, that's weird. At least it works for me, lol. Well, Namor is really a complicated one for Ghost then.

Jeps he is migt just be me that Im didt hav the problem the first time