**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Buffet and Icarus nightmare

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
So, as you know, there's a Deadpool hiding behind a 3 6* gate in the already broken 6.2.3 (champs are stronger than advertised unfairly) with Buffet.

Problem is, the global is Icarus. If you hit Deadpool, even once, you gain a Fury, which is then immediately nullified. And then you degen 10k health for having the gall to hit Deadpool at all.

The hell are you supposed to do? Use Thing? I'm already 3 champions in the hole, and there is a 200% power gain AoN Moon Knight you already need Vision for. I feel Buffet is not supposed to interact with Icarus in this way. Stagger on the Immunity Juggernaut is bad enough but tolerable. This feels like an outright bug.

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yes, Icarus specifically states “if expired” between this buffet, Doc Strange and Symb Sup this seems wrong. Or stupidly OP. Was this interaction intended?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I tested that path in the beta iirc. Used Sentinel, 100 analysis, parry heavy.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    couldnt you just dex first to get rid of buffet then attack?
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Pretty sure the block/parry triggers Icarus, which would trigger buffet. At least all other blocks in this chapter have.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Fury activates on parry
    I suppose the way you are meant to do it is to dex to activate buffet then parry heavy repeat
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

I suppose the way you are meant to do it is to dex to activate buffet then parry heavy repeat

You realize there's still Buffet, right? He regens 15% of his health every time he buffets. Where is parry heavy going exactly?
    YoMoves said:

Kobster84 said:

You realize there's still Buffet, right? He regens 15% of his health every time he buffets. Where is parry heavy going exactly?
    Use a cap iw or domino it’s not gonna be easy but it’s not impossible
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    edited June 2019
    power through with corvus..

and no, this isn't "just do this easy thing" response, this is absolute BS... But Corvus will work.

Also ghost....
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    This same thing happens with the dr Strange fight with his counterspell in the same quest.
  • Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    As frustrating as I’m sure this is I found the “gall to hit dead pool at all” bit hilarious, it wouldn’t have been funny if it where any other character but because you stumbled on to an unkillable Deadpool that degened you to death for “having the gall to touch him” I need him to have some in game comment after that just Taunting the summoner. If you can separate the annoying gameplay part and see it as Deadpool highjacking the game it’s brilliant really.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

power through with corvus..

and no, this isn't "just do this easy thing" response, this is absolute BS... But Corvus will work.

Also ghost....

Yes, Corvus.

On Buffet.

Meaning you're not dealing damage, really, at all.