**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ebony Maw broke or as intended?

OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Why is Ebony Maw damage output so terrible? Is this “as intended” or is he broken?

6* Ebony Maw at rank 1 level 25 degenerate damage at FOURTY NINE damage per tick? 49! This is like max two star damage level or some three stars.

He finishes fights with double or triple the hit count as three stars finish the same fight. I find it hard to believe this is as intended but would really like to know If he is bugged or not.

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Intended.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s intended, he just sucks
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Possible the worst champion of 2019 other than Diablo. Same issue there terrible damage.
  • KimilKimil Posts: 84
    Sadly, not broken.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    he wasn't promoted as a damage dealer just utility towards fighting against Corvus or Ghost in AW, hes more defense Cull was the damage offensive dealer.
  • Andy5000Andy5000 Posts: 6
    They really need to improve him as he's really poor at the moment, Seatin has a video on you-tube comparing his 6* to a 4* Namor and the 4* is much stronger, That isn't right and really shows Kabam's quality control is not working and they are not balancing champs like they said they would. Especially considering the animators did a really good job on him and then the development team screw it up by making his damage output so low and basically making him ****.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    I feel like Maw can be easily improved by increasing his attack/damage stats, while Diablo needs a redo of his mechanics as much as more damage. Kabam doesn't need to turn Maw into a so-called god tier champion, just give Flicker some more oomf.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Wonder how many years we'll have to wait for a new decent mystic champ.
  • chillwchillw Posts: 130
    What a huge disapointment. How does a rank 3 4 star outdamage a rank 1 6 star. Its like they put all that thought into developing missions galore for his special abilities when all they had to do was improve some damage output.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    chillw said:

What a huge disapointment. How does a rank 3 4 star outdamage a rank 1 6 star. Its like they put all that thought into developing missions galore for his special abilities when all they had to do was improve some damage output.

They don't care, they're still going to milk the whales
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

chillw said:

I don't know which 4* champ people compared maw with, but my 3* star lord has an easier time taking down rol ws than my 6* r1 iron man iw.
    Does that mean iron man iw is bad? No.
    Does that mean that comparing champs isn't that easy? Yes.

wow what a dumb example imiw is one of the best defender out there and also has much utility. sl is made to shine when his combo is good(that's why easy time in rol) . give me any utilites for ebony maw except he shines against corvus and ghost. and try to give better examples from next time
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Intended. They designed him to be garbage for some reason. Kabam likes to introduce trash champs. This is presumably intended because there are so very many trash worthless champs in the game. It really is baffling to be honest.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Reminds me a lot about the Carnage release. He was hyped up pretty good and everyone wanted him. Turned out to be a huge turd because the Devs dialed him down just before his release. Took them quite a while to finally buff him up to at least be useable. Wouldn't be surprised if Maw is buffed 18 months from now after he has become a permanent addition to the meme tier.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

Akhilxcx said:

chillw said:

I don't know which 4* champ people compared maw with, but my 3* star lord has an easier time taking down rol ws than my 6* r1 iron man iw.
    Does that mean iron man iw is bad? No.
    Does that mean that comparing champs isn't that easy? Yes.

wow what a dumb example imiw is one of the best defender out there and also has much utility. sl is made to shine when his combo is good(that's why easy time in rol) . give me any utilites for ebony maw except he shines against corvus and ghost. and try to give better examples from next time
    You were the one focussing on the "outdamaging" part. And I referred to it.

Your argument was pretty lackluster and I showed that. You telling me how stupid that line of reasoning is essentially backfires completely lol.
    pls show where i was talking about outdamaging part. i was just pointing out your reasoning which was actually very stupid bcoz you were comparing two different champs who shines in different aspects of game. i just asked you what maw has shown that he could be useful in any part of the game. talking about backfire i dont think you understand what that means
  • Username6435Username6435 Posts: 26
    All Members of Thanos Army: When the fight starts, gain a Precision Passive increasing Critical Rating by 50% for 20 seconds.

Cooool, an Ebony Maw synergy activated by Corvus and active on Corvus but yields zero effect on Corvus whatsoever. If they intended to look like idiots, i suppose Ebony Maw is indeed working as intended.
  • Jlive78Jlive78 Posts: 58
    I pulled and duped 5* maw and am extremely disappointed in his lack of viability ANYWHERE in the game. He’s the epitome of arena fodder.
  • Blizz_4R_Blizz_4R_ Posts: 95
    @Kabam Miike he just needs hella maw attack
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    Savio444 said:

I have 4 awakening gems and been holding on to at least 2 for two years now. I really hope it's soon.
  • CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    I heard Kabam wanted a modern version of Hulkbuster, so they came out with Ebony Maw.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

Savio444 said:

I have 4 awakening gems and been holding on to at least 2 for two years now. I really hope it's soon.
    I have two of them that I can’t use

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

All Members of Thanos Army: When the fight starts, gain a Precision Passive increasing Critical Rating by 50% for 20 seconds.

Cooool, an Ebony Maw synergy activated by Corvus and active on Corvus but yields zero effect on Corvus whatsoever. If they intended to look like idiots, i suppose Ebony Maw is indeed working as intended.

Yeah I guess Proxima and Cull gain no benefit from that synergy 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Please consider reworking him. He does not need to be a damage dealer, but it would be nice to give him some strength.