**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thank you for finally adding a disagree button!!!

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Terra said:

How are the points awarded?

By how many agree, like, awesome and insightful points your profile has. Each one awards 1 point. And there are ranks for the stars that are given out for each. 500-1500k points is a 3* profile
    Thanks. Do "disagree" give -1 point?
    No I don't think they do.

Terra said:

By how many agree, like, awesome and insightful points your profile has. Each one awards 1 point. And there are ranks for the stars that are given out for each. 500-1500k points is a 3* profile
    No.
    That doesn't seem right. The score should accurately represent everyone's contributions to the forums.
    It's not really contributions but by how much people like and agree about your comments or content on the forums.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Terra said:

No.
    That doesn't seem right. The score should accurately represent everyone's contributions to the forums.
    That could easily be abused.
    I like that the forums have received this improvement. Helps voice what people really think without having to use the old flag button for it's nonintended purpose
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

I feel like disagree is going to be abused anyways.

Kids these days

But it Alest better that flag someone for no reason at all and if you really do. Disagree. Then it better to put that down. But yeah flag was really absurd abuse all over the place

Drooped2 said:

Kids these days

Yes but disagreeing with someone isn't the same as spamming the Flag button. Now I still slighly feel we need some other button to show others what we think of their posts.
    To be honest, that's just asking for trouble in my opinion. Person A doesn't like Person B, so they downgrade all their comments. Much the same as Flags were abused. That's not really a gauge of their contributions. It's a popularity contest.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    If people meaningfully add to a discussion then they shouldn't get "abused" by the disagree button.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I've decided as my first use of the disagree button to disagree with the post thanking the devs for adding the disagree button, making my act of disagreeing with the button a validation of the button. In doing so I've made a post that cannot be validly disagreed with using the button. Because it is Monday, and that's how I roll on Monday.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Drooped2 said:

Kids these days

You can't really abuse "disagree" like you could the flag button, because the flag button triggered a notification to the mods who would be forced to investigate. Disagree is just synonymous with posting a reply with the words "I disagree" only it is anonymous and no one has to do anything about it.

You aren't really supposed to "just disagree" with no other point, but since people wouldn't stop abusing the flag notification button this just redirects those people to a more appropriate nowhere.

The stars are a flawed system. There are people with 5 stars whose rating doesn't not reflect the quality of their contributions.

Actually, it does. They're based on positive reactions. Which means other people agreed with their contributions somewhere along the lines.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Welp. I guess I can't be a Guardian.
This discussion has been closed.