**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus cruelty buffs and fisticuffs

Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
So the fisticuffs node prevents corvus from starting with any buffs, which includes Corvus Glaive's cruelty buffs.

But if stay in the fight long enough, and have used up all of Corvus Glaive's glaive charges after 20 critical hits, you enter a cooldown phase, after which time his glaive charges return. My question is why do his cruelty buffs not also return together with his glaive charges? In every piece of content, Corvus Glaive's cruelty charges come back together with his glaive charges, so why is fisticuffs different?

For instance - if Corvus is knocked down by a heavy or special, his glaive charges are temporarily disabled for 3 seconds. When the glaive charges come back, they come back with whatever cruelty buffs Corvus previously had.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    At least in the past, the cruelty buffs came back after the cooldown. Is it really not working now?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

So the fisticuffs node prevents corvus from starting with any buffs, which includes Corvus Glaive's cruelty buffs.

But if stay in the fight long enough, and have used up all of Corvus Glaive's glaive charges after 20 critical hits, you enter a cooldown phase, after which time his glaive charges return. My question is why do his cruelty buffs not also return together with his glaive charges? In every piece of content, Corvus Glaive's cruelty charges come back together with his glaive charges, so why is fisticuffs different?

For instance - if Corvus is knocked down by a heavy or special, his glaive charges are temporarily disabled for 3 seconds. When the glaive charges come back, they come back with whatever cruelty buffs Corvus previously had.

what node was this on? could it have been on something with buff suppression of some sort as well?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Iirc his description reads “at the start of the fight”. He has never regained his cruelty buffs tmk but will regain his true damage/strike buffs if he cycles glaive charges for whatever reason.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

what node was this on? could it have been on something with buff suppression of some sort as well?
    Act 6.1.6 Sentinel Boss with fisticuffs. Didn't see anything else there that might have prevented the cruelty buffs from coming back.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Act 6.1.6 Sentinel Boss with fisticuffs. Didn't see anything else there that might have prevented the cruelty buffs from coming back.
    but as others have pointed out cruelty doses not come back, only the glaive charges and true strike.
  • Options
    Nothing in his description says it won't come back. They do come back when glaive is disabled from knocking him down. They come back when he finishes his 20 initial glaive charges.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Nothing in his description says it won't come back. They do come back when glaive is disabled from knocking him down. They come back when he finishes his 20 initial glaive charges.

“Corvus Glaive starts the fight with a number of the above cruelty buffs equal to his persistent charge.”

“Corvus gains 20 perm Glaive charges, granting him True Damage and guaranteed critical hits as long as Glaive’s immunity is active....”

CG has never regained cruelty buffs that he has lost during a fight. But it’s common for people to falsely report he has/does.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

that is not how it works, it has to say it for it to actually be there. And I dont think they go away when you finish the charges.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Ultra8529 said:

“Corvus Glaive starts the fight with a number of the above cruelty buffs equal to his persistent charge.”

“Corvus gains 20 perm Glaive charges, granting him True Damage and guaranteed critical hits as long as Glaive’s immunity is active....”

CG has never regained cruelty buffs that he has lost during a fight. But it’s common for people to falsely report he has/does.
    Nobody said he does so no need to insinuate that I did. I asked a question regarding his cruelty buffs, and I "reported" that his glaive charges come back in a fight, and that his cruelty buffs typically come back together with the glaive charges.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Nobody said he does so no need to insinuate that I did. I asked a question regarding his cruelty buffs, and I "reported" that his glaive charges come back in a fight, and that his cruelty buffs typically come back together with the glaive charges.
    And I refuted the false claim/assertion that he can regain cruelty buffs lost during a fight. And you contradicted yourself in the same paragraph.

• Options
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

that is not how it works, it has to say it for it to actually be there. And I dont think they go away when you finish the charges.
    The point is that there is nothing in his description as to how cruelty charges appear or disappear in a fight. My referencing him getting knocked down and when glaive expires is to show that in at least 2 instances, his cruelty buffs are tied to his glaive charges.

If you read his abilities very literally, the cruelty buffs in fact should not disappear when the glaive charges run out, since nothing provides for them to disappear and then reappear when the glaive charges are cooled down. The implication therefore is that the cruelty buffs are tied to the glaive charges. Hence my question as to why they do not re-appear when negated in the first place by fisticuffs.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Except you did:
    Ultra8529 said:

In every piece of content, Corvus Glaive's cruelty charges come back together with his glaive charges, so why is fisticuffs different?

• Options

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

And I refuted the false claim/assertion that he can regain cruelty buffs lost during a fight. And you contradicted yourself in the same paragraph.

Where is the contradiction?

I said 3 things:

(a) i asked a question about his cruelty buffs
    (b) i reported that his glaive charges come back in a fight
    (c) typically his cruelty buffs come back together with his glaive charges.

You will probably pick (c) but that is not false - I was referring to the instances when he is knocked down or his glaive charges expire naturally in a fight when you've used them up (not due to fisticuffs).

Please retract your 2nd false allegation.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Except you did:
    Ultra8529 said:

In every piece of content, Corvus Glaive's cruelty charges come back together with his glaive charges, so why is fisticuffs different?

Very selectively omitting the next paragraph which clearly gives context to the instances I was referring to. Namely, when he is knocked down, and when they are used up and return after cool down.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

The point is that there is nothing in his description as to how cruelty charges appear or disappear in a fight. My referencing him getting knocked down and when glaive expires is to show that in at least 2 instances, his cruelty buffs are tied to his glaive charges.

If you read his abilities very literally, the cruelty buffs in fact should not disappear when the glaive charges run out, since nothing provides for them to disappear and then reappear when the glaive charges are cooled down. The implication therefore is that the cruelty buffs are tied to the glaive charges. Hence my question as to why they do not re-appear when negated in the first place by fisticuffs.
    Read “Corvus Glaive starts the fight with a number of the above cruelty buffs equal to his persistent charge.”

His cruelty buffs are not tied to his glaive charges they are tied to his persistent charges he gains during a fight of before starting a fight.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Except you did:
    Ultra8529 said:

Very selectively omitting the next paragraph which clearly gives context to the instances I was referring to. Namely, when he is knocked down, and when they are used up and return after cool down.
    I could have left the entire post intact and it would not have changed it. You giving an example below does not negate you saying ....in every piece of content they come back together
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Except you did:
    Ultra8529 said:

Watch any video where corvus gets knocked down or loses charges while having cruelty buffs; he never loses the cruelty buffs, he loses the true damage/strike buff and ability to crit.
  • Options

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Read “Corvus Glaive starts the fight with a number of the above cruelty buffs equal to his persistent charge.”

His cruelty buffs are not tied to his glaive charges they are tied to his persistent charges he gains during a fight of before starting a fight.
    Ok so how does that explain why the cruelty buffs come back when he is knocked down in a fight?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Except you did:
    Ultra8529 said:

I could have left the entire post intact and it would not have changed it. You giving an example below does not negate you saying ....in every piece of content they come back together
    Its called context.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Ok so how does that explain why the cruelty buffs come back when he is knocked down in a fight?
    because he does not LOSE them, they are disabled, meaning they are grayed out, but still there. They dont go away.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Except you did:
    Ultra8529 said:

Its called context.
    yes and the context is exactly the same.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Like Lorm said he never loses them, but Lorm is incorrect in saying they are greyed out; they are there but useless since CG can’t crit without glaive charges.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

How would they come back reading the description "litterally" Nothing in the description says the charges come back with the charges, the only thing it says is at the start of the fight, so unless by "literal" you mean "figurative"
  • Options
    Watch corvus spend his glaive charges and the interaction (or lack there of) wih his cruelty buffs. @~1:45
    https://youtu.be/cfD4DeV5PYU
  • Options
    Got it - so the main point is that the premise I had was mistaken, in that his cruelty buffs don't actually disappear when he gets knocked down or he uses up his glaive charges in the normal course of a fight. Its a detail I never actually noticed before. Learn something every day.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/MxOfJpw17LI
    ^video
    After the nullify, Corv can’t regain the curtly even after the cool down. Same thing happens with fisticuffs, since he never GAINED them you can’t REgain them

Thanks for the video!