**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champion healing with neurotoxin

Was fighting the champion in 6.2.6 today and had several neurotoxin applied and he was still healing. Feeling really cheated at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★
    That’s because that one of him dups ability he can’t be helblok naor revers it.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    If duped and when deffending or attacking the final node of a quest, The Champion is immune to heal block effects
  • Options
    19eighty19eighty Posts: 30
    Wasn’t the case in the monthly quest
  • Options
    Also neurotoxin is a passive that blocks all heading and plus reduces ability accuracy. 4 stacks would greatly reduce that ability. Kabam kind of put themselves in a bad spot on this one in my opinion
  • Options
    The ability won't be lowered by ability accuracy. The same way you can't bleed a bleed immune champion, you can't heal block his regen when he is heal block immune.
  • Options
    @UmbertoDelRio he was a boss in the monthly quest when he was released.
  • Options
    @will-o-wisp technically neurotoxin is a form of poison so 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    19eighty said:

That's what I was thinking. The only reason Neurotoxin worked in the past was that it's a form of Poison. I used AA against The Champion in the Champion's Challenge to shut down his regen. Is there an extra ability from the node that circumvents this?
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    19eighty said:

It is poison as poison immunity provides immunity against it... sounds like a bug?
  • Options
    19eighty said:

It is not a form of poison. It has nothing to do with poison, besides the fact you need one to proc a neurotoxin.
    Poison will reduce healing abilities ny 30%. Neurotoxin will not, but if AA is dup it will block the healing.
    The Champion is immune to heal block effects, so it won't work on him. Again, is not a poison, is a passive DoT ability that causes direct damage
  • Options
    Actually, it specifically states 'each Neurotoxin charge causes a x% reduction in Ability Accuracy' (x% changes dependent upon sig level), and block all regeneration on target. So, in turn, AA has (or maybe had) the potential to prevent regeneration on The Champion, but not consistently. It's not done via Heal Block, it's done via Ability Accuracy Reduction. If the node has Force of Will, this indefinitely will not work, and make AA 100% ineffective against The Champion.

I just watched a video from the Maze featuring AA vs The Champion. Sometimes Primal Fury didn't fully activate due to the Neurotoxin, sometimes it did. The regen didn't work when Primal Fury didn't fully activate. Presumably due to AAR. The whole of this situation is rather contradictory. It makes no sense, at all. Neurotoxin in itself is not a Poison Debuff, it's a passive effect. This is specified under Neurotoxin - Passive. So I retract my previous statement as I was going off the hip and trying to use what seemed logical without reading. My bad.

You could go in circles with this and not fully understand why it worked or no longer works. I've had it work, I've seen it work. However, going off what is stated in the character abilities, it really shouldn't. So perhaps, as this was a while ago, something has been altered since then. Cannot definitively remember what, if anything was done. What I do know is... chasing logic in the game can result in migraines from time to time, lol.
  • Options
    You're right on something.
    Neurotoxin doesnt block his healing, and ability accuracy wont disable his heal block immunity. But it can lower his chance to proc primal fury, which will also prevent the healing from activating.
    But when fightning him, The Champion has more than 100% abikity accuracy, meaning you will need something like 5/6 neurotoxins to fully reduce his ability accuracy
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    19eighty said:

Technically it is not a poison in this game.
  • Options

You're right on something.
    Neurotoxin doesnt block his healing, and ability accuracy wont disable his heal block immunity. But it can lower his chance to proc primal fury, which will also prevent the healing from activating.
    But when fightning him, The Champion has more than 100% abikity accuracy, meaning you will need something like 5/6 neurotoxins to fully reduce his ability accuracy

Dependent upon sig level of AA, yeah that adds up. 5+ Neurotoxins should theoretically do it. Which can get dicey. So @19eighty how many Neurotoxins did you have on The Champion? If it didn't exceed 5, that's probably why you didn't stop the regen from occurring. Also, check the percentage of AAR on your Archangel (assuming he's awakened). Here's the other factor that wasn't detailed upon above. ..

If you're using Archangel, you're increasing his Ability Accuracy to all buffs by a flat +25% due to 'Champion of the Universe'. So take that into consideration when you're counting how many Neurotoxins needed to circumvent Primal Fury. You need to exceed 125% in total AAR to guarantee stopping his regen. Otherwise, you're gonna fighting back a lot of HP.