**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Outside of rewards, is the new AW better? YES.

I know I am in the minority but I think it’s a big yes. As an officer, I love the strategy of defensive placement. It is awesome to dissect lines before jumping in to figure out who should go where based on champs and matchups. Every fight isn’t Corvus, Ghost, Domino and Blade. You can get anywhere on the board to help your teammates. It is not just about who made a few more mistakes.

If you are a true competitor, you should like this new version. There is too much “ooooh the nodes are unfair! It’s a cash grab!” Total lack of strategy trying to cram a square peg in a round hole. My BG died 8 times to a 30m alliance last round. That is because we learned and made adjustments.

Remember when the last version of AW came out with minis in the middle? Everyone was flipping out. After a few seasons, teammates would be annoyed if you died once to those same nodes. Same will happen to this one.

Curious to know your thoughts! Anyone else feel like I do? If so, def reach out and come fight the good fight with me.

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yes I find it more fun and challenging honestly
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    I like the map more in terms of linked nodes. Don't love all the nodes, but don't think anything on the new map comes close to the old node 29.

How does your alliance feels? Is it causing issues?

Yes I find it more fun and challenging honestly

No not really although some of then don't like it I personally think it is ok
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,167 ★★★★★
    I’m really like the new map layout
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It makes no difference to me. But then again I take the easy paths (psychic thorns, best defense) so I don’t really have much to complain about. The rewards are just like 4 years old and boring though. I’m just not excited about AW at all.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I like the new layout, since it allows a lot more flexibility
  • Drooped2 said:

I enjoy it I was the old line 1/3 guy and this map feels so much shorter to me

Agreed. It does feel shorter. We've been wrapping up the majority of the map before bedtime lately. Now that they removed the links to the 1st section 'Mini Bosses', it made it that much faster.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    The new map design is immensely better than the old one. You can take any tier 2 path after taking any tier 1 path. So much more flexibility.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Same bad rewards boo
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    Call me a cynic, but I don’t feel your question or approach is fair.

Rewards are a huge aspect of War, they can’t just be removed from the equation and then have someone still be expected to judge the whole. They’ve ramped up the risk/cost but left the reward where it is... that’s a pretty important factor I think.

Is it more challenging, more fun, more interactive and less auto-pilot? Yes.

Is it better? Maybe.

Is it better considering it’s more challenging and requires more effort with absolutely no increase in benefits? Not really.

I dunno... I kind of get where you’re coming from and I’m not trying to be difficult, but I don’t think you can remove such a large factor of what is supposed to make AW itself worth the effort from the equation and then ask if it’s better - you’re specifically excluding the thing which people are unhappy about and asking them to judge it.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Biggest problem with new map is that nobody wants to get invested for the pots and boosts. Sure we can clear but it’s just a mess every war because guys don’t want to use glory on pots when It can be better spent on rank up resources instead. Some of the new nodes are definitely kind of ridiculous with certain defenders rn. If win and season rewards got boosted I’m sure I would be fine with the difficulty.

Side note, not a fan of these indestructible charges and the hoops you need to jump they for the right to do damage. The occasional one off in high level content is one thing (I got in my 6.2 champion run in) but if nodes like aegis start popping up everywhere I’ll be done with this mess.

Same bad rewards boo

He said outside of rewards
  • exc3lexc3l Posts: 67
    It's not fun really because rewards still suck season rewards need a buff and every war needs buffed rewards at this stage in the game. With that being said some of the nodes are really hard to fight and f*** lots over so my answer to that is hell no and besides rewards no too
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    Pretty sure kabam mentioned they will updating rewards next season. It’s a smart decision to roll out things one at a time. Say they introduced new map (before changes) with increase rewards to match but then had to change map due to difficulty like the linked nodes but had to scale back rewards because map became easier. The community would be in even more of a rage because they updated then scaled back the rewards. Not to mention more work and delays in their part. They have to take steps first. New map see how it works and difficulty of it all then agree on new rewards that fit map/content and progression across all tier levels. Not just endgame players. It’s not as simple as add a few extra 5* shards and call it good. Got to consider the whole community when rolling out rewards. I would love lot more t2a and t5b but beginners won’t care that much. So they have to find balance that still allows decent progression for start to finish.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    The only reason why you found it fun and challenging is because it's new and not the same ole same ole.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

I know I am in the minority but I think it’s a big yes. As an officer, I love the strategy of defensive placement. It is awesome to dissect lines before jumping in to figure out who should go where based on champs and matchups. Every fight isn’t Corvus, Ghost, Domino and Blade. You can get anywhere on the board to help your teammates. It is not just about who made a few more mistakes.

If you are a true competitor, you should like this new version. There is too much “ooooh the nodes are unfair! It’s a cash grab!” Total lack of strategy trying to cram a square peg in a round hole. My BG died 8 times to a 30m alliance last round. That is because we learned and made adjustments.

Remember when the last version of AW came out with minis in the middle? Everyone was flipping out. After a few seasons, teammates would be annoyed if you died once to those same nodes. Same will happen to this one.

Curious to know your thoughts! Anyone else feel like I do? If so, def reach out and come fight the good fight with me.

If anything since the new map I’ve seen only more of the top god tier champs as a lot of mediocre champs simply can’t handle a lot of the matchups
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    How many hours do you spend doing placement on the new map? Until I see the rewards I am not inveting the time or resources in AW.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Map layout is way better than the previous iteration. Being able to get everybody to the final tier before bed is always a plus in my book.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Yes, new map format is greatly improved over the previous.
  • I do understand where many are coming from in regards to the rewards. I too was among those who pleaded for them to meet us in the middle by buffing the individual war rewards now, and season when they rolled out Defense Tactics. Unfortunately, here we are.

I hit the acceptance phase of this awhile ago though. I get that most do not feel it's worth the investment. Fair enough. However, we're giving it our all anyway to prepare ourselves for next Season. Y'all think the nodes are hard now? Just wait for Defense Tactics. I remember the Beta... it's gonna be interesting to say the least.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Tag me on to a plus one for the new Map. Much easier to organize my guys.