**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Recovery mastery

Can someone explain to me how recovery mastery works? Confused recently changed defensive mastery to thisyfmzb7abq1pu.png

Comments

• Jlemos818Jlemos818 Posts: 83
    With that said i had it before with the 1st two health nodes like at 5 each i would get 5 health points each second so now i maxed out recovery thinking I'll get an additional 15% health recovery more because that's what it says but not the case I'm still only getting 5 measly health points per sec why???!!!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Recovery increases all regen by 15%. You only get up to 10 regen per second (5 per tick) from the salve mastery.
    So it only affects champs who regen and not the salve? Damn i don't even have champs like wolv who regen only cable 4/40 should i change it then and use mastery points elsewhere?
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    You will regen 15% more. But to see the difference you need have a champ that Regens. I don't know if it helps salve or not but 15% of 5/ sec Regen is too low to see the difference.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Maxing Salve with no Recovery is 4 health per tick, maxing Recovery makes it +5 per tick.

It also helps with Willpower. You should keept it the way it is. There are a lot of regen champs in the game. No way you'll only have Cable for much longer.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    I'd definitely change the way the set up is, but not to far away from what you have. Its fair, that you have anyways. To each his or her own.
    What would you recommend?
    Take away from energy and physical resist. Take only one point from WP. Add one to SYG. and done. You'll have max PI points from that tree.
    edited August 2017
    Changing someone elses masteries to match your own is not so great. It takes away the fun of being original and having you're own build.

I hope they release the new masteries sooner rather than later.

I don't know why they like to tease us with icons of new masteries when you press them it says "COMING SOON - A powerful new Summoner Mastery will be available shortly" When some of those have been there for almost or over a year. Just like "Bases" lol.
    Willpower plus Recovery is helpful. Yes maxing your PI is good but not having to use as many potions or revives is better if you get hit by debuffs in questing.
    I go for max PI for arena reasons. As well as there were wasted points. Was trying to give advise. And its my opinion, he asked so I told. @Jon8299
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    I only have Salve at 1 since the extra ticks don't honestly do much anymore. Rather use those points somewhere else.
    Thanks for the input fellas still trying to master the masteries.
    Since we're on the subject what should i do with my offense to improve it?
    @Speedbump I was just giving my opinion as well. This is an open forum and I was not attacking you but simply saying that if everyone had the same builds there would be no need to even have masteries. Everyone has a different idea of what would be considered "wasted points".

As you yourself said "to each his or her own".
    m8owhfmhg8yb.png
    For offense you can argue that the best masteries to max will be Precision and Cruelty, aside from that it's whatever you want. If you wanna max the Fury masteries cause you mostly use champs that have Fury, go ahead. Others will tell you that it's a waste but you might end up making an original build that suits you perfectly. @Jlemos818
    @Jlemos818 could you post you attack tree?
    Yeah those are expensive ones to unlock trying to save for those ones lol
    edited August 2017
    Mutagenasis is only good if your mutants bleed a lot. So maybe not so great to invest in (no where near the strength of MD)

Taking points from Strength and Greater Strength and leaving them at 1 each and putting them into Cruelty and Precision might be better for you. If you like Unfazed keep it, I personally don't think it's all that useful. That's my input on your attack masteries.
    Whoever lol my tree throw yourself on your face and give me some advice!
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Mutagenasis is only good if your mutants bleed a lot. So maybe not so great to invest in (no where near the strength of MD)

Taking points from Strength and Greater Strength and leaving them at 1 each and putting them into Cruelty and Precision might be better for you. If you like Unfazed keep it, I personally don't think it's all that useful. That's my input on your attack masteries.

Cool thanks for your advice bw will benifit from the change I'm guessing
    The first 2, only need one point in them to open further down the tree. So, theres 10 free points right there. Courage, theres been long debate about having 1 vs. 3 so there's no going wrong there. As for the 10 free points, put in cruelty and precision when you open them. You wont be unhappy that you did.
    edited August 2017
    Your mastery setups have to aid you in fights, I have Willpower at 2, Salve and Recovery maxed cause I want to maximize the healing of my champs especially my regen champs. Also don't forget about AW defense, Willpower cause the opponent to have to hit you more. They could make a mistake, where before the fight might have ended and they have more health than if they made a mistake cause Willpower made the fight go on for a longer time.
  • CarwishCarwish Posts: 47
    I had salve at 3 (for +4 every sec) and just put recovery at 3, but am only getting 5 now instead of 4. would i get +5 even if I only had recovery at 1?
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited October 2017
    @Jlemos818

You asked for advice, so giving my opinion

Your Offence set up is quite bad imho

Strength and greater strength, 1 point each max until much later in your mastery set up. Likewise lesser precision is a 1 pointer to get to the next skills. You REALLY need Precision and Cruelty maxed asap! (strength especially is 1 point MAX mate, complete waste any more)

Fury ones are a waste, even maxed gives you less than 1-second extended fury! That's it

Pierce is broke, has been for ages, Google it. Wasted, 1 point in there as well

Courage is OK, but could be better spent. Only kicks in when you are already getting a kicking, and not if you start a fight below 50% health. Same with assassin, if our opponent is already below 18% health do you really need the extra help. Your not a boss-killer so you don't need this

Glass cannon is a must. The 7.2% health loss is 1-2 blocked hits against you. BUT you get an extra 7.2% damage on every hit that you make!

Unfazed is pure ****, no-one uses it!

Mutant one as already posted is another waste in your position

Thats 18 points that could be used elsewhere that will really help you!!

Get Precision, cruelty and deep wounds (if you use bleeders obvs) maxed asap. Glass cannon as well ( you will see the difference) thats 17 points spent and you still have 1 over!

You will see so much difference with this set up mate, masteries can really turn your efforts way up in this game

Hope this helps

PS salve is a complete waste, max 480 health gained! Recovery and willpower (whatever top players say) are still really useful unless your an elite player then this extra health gained really keeps you in the game. Again, we cant all dodge all heavies all the time, so SYG can save you as well a lot of times if you have the points. You only need 1 point in dexterity (you gain nothing more for more points!) and Stupefy is a great one to have. Get a good stun champ and you win lots of fights with the opponent never awake!! Energy and physical resist is a complete waste mate, read what they say! You block 40 (i think) extra for each one!! So you get hit 10 times, at the most it saves you 400 health!!

PPS dont EVER use recoil!!

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Wow. Your masteries need some work. Dave the destroyer has some great advice. Masteries do become personal preference at some point after the basics are covered but yours aren't there yet.
    http://www.mobilesector.net/best-mastery-guide-2017-marvels-contest-of-champions/