**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venom The Duck

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
I've had him for some time now, but I'm still not versed with him. Can anyone give me a run-down of his uses and mechanics? How do you bank Buffs? Do you proc them randomly? I'm a bit lost. I took him to R3, but I'm still not sure how to work him yet. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Drooped2 said:

I've had him for some time now, but I'm still not versed with him. Can anyone give me a run-down of his uses and mechanics? How do you bank Buffs? Do you proc them randomly? I'm a bit lost. I took him to R3, but I'm still not sure how to work him yet. Thanks.

Ok here goes
    They are random
    You bank them with heavies or special
    (Special 3 and fight start) triggers the entire bank of buffs.

Just got a 6 of him hes crazy fun and useful
    Hmm....okay, thanks. I have the 4* Duped, wish he was higher.
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Take that duck to R4. At R3 I completed all of act 5 with him with zero unit spending. The dupe isn’t needed
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    You can clear a lot of content with that champion. His awakened ability is really good.
  • Options
    Ahitlaw said:

Take that duck to R4. At R3 I completed all of act 5 with him with zero unit spending. The dupe isn’t needed

Really? Awesome. I think I will when Level-Up runs.
  • Options

Ahitlaw said:

Yeah, he’s crazy. Great for debuff immunes too with his toxic armor
  • Options
    Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

Yeah, he’s crazy. Great for debuff immunes too with his toxic armor
    The funny part is he's been sitting at the bottom of my Roster for a while now, at R1. XD
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Got him as 4* 3/5, will rank him up to 5/5 and use my AG on him that champ is gold if you ramp him up properly
  • Options

Got him as 4* 3/5, will rank him up to 5/5 and use my AG on him that champ is gold if you ramp him up properly

Thanks. I'll have to spend some time getting to know him.

Seatin did ROL with a 4* inspired me to take mine up lol
    Love him, he’s so much fun to mix and match buffs

Yeah my own mix is far off. Right now I need practice. Lol.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Absolutely ridiculous champ, third champ I took to 4/55 (Also unawakened). Amazing damage + sustainability, and one of the best Variant 2 options out there.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

He was next in line for R4 until I pulled NT, now he's second after him. Once you bank your preferred buff combo hes pretty crazy. Big time damage and sustainability in one gross package.

Honesty think choosing NT over VTD was a bad decision but you do you booboo.
    Top 3 champs imo=Ghost VTD and Aegon
  • Options
    TRONG94 said:

He greatly deserves rank 5 as 4* and 4/55 as 5* even unduped. Like @Ahitlaw, I completed act 5 with him at 3/35 too. He is a path clearer for me, even in chapter 5.3 where attack is reduced, all you need to do is store regens and furies and rock the quest. For other chapters, I like banking 4 to 5 regens, the rest are power gains, precision or furies. Regen is the most essential to me, others are great to end fight quickly. Most of the time I skip armor up or perfect block.

P/s: His prestige is super high too. His dupe is nice to have but not necessary imo.

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Ahitlaw said:

zeezee57 said:

He was next in line for R4 until I pulled NT, now he's second after him. Once you bank your preferred buff combo hes pretty crazy. Big time damage and sustainability in one gross package.

I currently have zero skill champs above him and Blade at R3 and 6* Hawkeye while I have R5 Corvus, R4 Hype and Dusa and 6* Heimdall and Gamora. I'd still go NT first though because I have more a need for what he brings. Not a knock on VTD, NT is an elite champ in his own right and possibly the most overlooked/underrated champ in the game.
    Definitely overlooked by me for sure, any NT tips?
  • Options
    WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    VTD is a monster variant 2 3.3 boss in 16 hits mostly from the sp2
  • Options
    TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    VTD's dupe gives some additional Siphon damage, but it also lets you start the first buff counter higher than 0. I start fights at 18, 5* sig level isn't very high yet, so I get that first random buff quicker.

Check his synergies, too. I use Blade-GR-VTD in AQ, he has a synergy with Blade for longer bleed duration. I think Venom lets him start the counter at 40 instead of 0. AV or one of the other synergies gives an increased chance for a Regeneration buff. The hard part is holding off on his specials when you have Armor or Perfect Block that you don't want, and waiting and hoping for a Regen after they expire. I had 10 regen in AQ one time, after a handful of fights. Or if you can get a couple Fury & Precision buffs going, that's useful too.

Against bleed-immune champs his bleed turns into degeneration, so that's handy too (and why I have used him in AQ against Sentinels/Drones/Vision). My 5* is r4 but thinking I might take him to r5, he's just so fun and useful.
  • Options
    TheBigSchemeTheBigScheme Posts: 60
    Sorry for hijacking the thread.,
    I have a r4 duped vtd and just finished exploring v2.
    Got r5 cosmic gem and a cosmic ag. I have hype and medusa unawakened at lower levels. I have CG at r5

So is vtd worth r5 or would i be better off ranking up hype ir medusa and awakening them or should i save for someone like bew cap marvel or cull?
  • Options
    BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Ahitlaw said:

zeezee57 said:

Ahitlaw said:

zeezee57 said:

I currently have zero skill champs above him and Blade at R3 and 6* Hawkeye while I have R5 Corvus, R4 Hype and Dusa and 6* Heimdall and Gamora. I'd still go NT first though because I have more a need for what he brings. Not a knock on VTD, NT is an elite champ in his own right and possibly the most overlooked/underrated champ in the game.
    Maybe Do a NT Post for that?
  • Options

Got r5 cosmic gem and a cosmic ag. I have hype and medusa unawakened at lower levels. I have CG at r5

So is vtd worth r5 or would i be better off ranking up hype ir medusa and awakening them or should i save for someone like bew cap marvel or cull?

I guess only 3 Champs can be as good as a 5 Star rank 5 duped Medusa, these are Ghost, cull Obsidian and Quake, so maybe choose her over vtf, but do r4 him for Sure :)
  • Options

Ahitlaw said:

zeezee57 said:

Ahitlaw said:

zeezee57 said:

Maybe Do a NT Post for that?
    I’ll do as I please,Kthx.
    And NT sounds awesome
  • Options

I guess only 3 Champs can be as good as a 5 Star rank 5 duped Medusa, these are Ghost, cull Obsidian and Quake, so maybe choose her over vtf, but do r4 him for Sure :)
    VTD is way better than Medusa 🤦‍♂️ Hype is better than Medusa. Now Cull might very well be better than VTD. Idk much about him tho
  • Options
    I guess its only my opinion that Medusa is the top 3 Champion in the game
  • Options

I guess its only my opinion that Medusa is the top 3 Champion in the game

Back in the day prolly there’s just been lots n lots of powerful champs added and I’m sure you aren’t the only one with that opinion