**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Non-US players can't redeem Marvel Insider

So was just checking my Marvel Insider account to see if there's anything worth to redeem when I came across a ToS which said that "have to be a US citizen to redeem"
Any thoughts on this ToS?

Comments

• Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Move here, problem solved. Jokes aside, that’s pretty lame, don’t understand why that would be honestly. Feel like there’s something I’m not thinking of.
  • Options
    AshPikaAshPika Posts: 85
    Bear3 said:

Move here, problem solved. Jokes aside, that’s pretty lame, don’t understand why that would be honestly. Feel like there’s something I’m not thinking of.

Exactly, why'd the rewards be limited to a single country?

Here's the screenshot of it:

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    In most other countries they probably don't allow marvel insider
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I would guess Marvel didn’t want to pay their lawyers to make sure their insider program was legal, or subject to taxes etc, in other countries.
  • Options

Don't think so man, if that was the case then this ToS would have been there since a long time (haven't been there the last time I checked it 2 months ago)
  • Options

I would guess Marvel didn’t want to pay their lawyers to make sure their insider program was legal, or subject to taxes etc, in other countries.

Taxes thing makes sense...
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Will a VPN work in situations like this?
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    You can try either too use a vpn or become a US citizen. I don’t know why non-Americans can’t use it. But a vpn is the best route to go to for this situation
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    I'm British and have been using it since they offered the 2* Vulture for Homecoming's release. I didn't particularly want him, I wanted to see if it worked. It did. I have collected 3* Thing, Torch, Thor (Ragnarok), Cap IW, Domino, CM MCU, 2* Blade, Sentry, IMIW, Night Thrasher, and some other crystals with various characters in and I'm waiting on 3* Namor.

I signed up with an e-mail address and filled in my name but no street address and it's not been an issue.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    It works for me, and I’m Canadian, but it takes a few months to get anything. I dunno. It’s potentially free stuff, so you might as well try. If it doesn’t work, you only lost a few minutes.
  • Options
    GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    marvel insider is so glitchy and i hate it so i stopped doing it lol
  • Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    They don't check. I've been using it forever and am not in the US. No tricks, no VPNs. I suppose that it's more of a requirement if they actually had to ship you something.
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

Will a VPN work in situations like this?

Yes, that works. But it's too much effort for those rewards. Unless we can get T2a and 5*/6* shards now
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    I'm in uk and been getting stuff fine for a couple of years no vpn or anything needed
  • Options
    SteveMSteveM Posts: 188
    From what I've seen on the interwebs just leave the address portion blank
  • Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    It’s only the physical rewards that are limited. In game rewards work for all countries.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★

It says resident of the us not citizen
    Plus I think they check the IP address to very if you are US WAN. So maybe a VPN could solve it, but sometimes websites block them

Like I said, it works for me and I've never set foot in the US.
  • Options
    MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    There's a trick which has been done for some people across the pond. Get a US buddy to set up an account for you with email and password to your choosing.
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    MRMOJO77 said:

There's a trick which has been done for some people across the pond. Get a US buddy to set up an account for you with email and password to your choosing.

This is not necessary. Myself and others have already said in this thread we've had no problems doing it outside USA
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,385 ★★★★★
    I'm uk and use it dont need vpn or anything I did signup with google till they removed the link and mayde it into a real account but no problems here
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification guys!
    Really appreciate it
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    AshPika said:

Don't think so man, if that was the case then this ToS would have been there since a long time (haven't been there the last time I checked it 2 months ago)
    Been that way for years actually. Nonetheless, I was able to get some stuff out of it, despite not being in the states.