**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Concerns regarding the new refund policy vs refusal to fix bugs

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So I'm one of those people who spent a lot of money to acquire, and then dupe, 6* Cull Obsidian. Like, an obscene amount of money (for which I have some admitted shame). That said, I really can't pretend that there isn't a level of hypocrisy with Kabams new refund punishment policy, and let me explain why.

As some know (but probably most don't know), there is a major bug right now with Cull Obsidian. Basically his Thanos Favor buffs are supposed to pause duration when you are attacking the opponent for ALL of the stacks. However recently the duration only seems to pause on the initial buff and the other (up to)9 stacks seem to disappear prematurely. This is a MAJOR issue for this champ as it is the stacks of the Favor that increase his damage output.

This is a known issue to Kabam. There was a thread started June 28 in the bugs section about it. That will be two weeks ago tomorrow. To this date Kabams reply has been two simple "we're looking in to this" replies. That's it.

So what has gone on in those two weeks? You guessed it, the implementation of this new refund policy followed by, of course, the years biggest sales date (4th of July US). On the 4th there were a massive amount of deals for rank up items, as well as shards for shots at 5/6* feature hero crystals. And who do you ask is in those crystals and who did many people use those newly acquired resources on? You guessed it, Cull Obsidian.

Now let's be honest here, any time we have seen a bug that has been beneficial to players, it gets addressed and fixed post-haste. We have seen it time and time again. This issue however, we're going on two weeks with no real addressing of the issue. This is not acceptable. Yet if players want a refund for spending on a glitched champ, they get punished for it. That is highly disingenuous. Why do issues that affect players get such little attention compared to issues that affect Kabam? I mean, that's a redundant question since the answer is obvious, but it needs to be asked.

Can we please get some straight answers on this? Why do you punish players who feel slighted as a result of your legitimately flawed product? Do you intend to compensate those of us who have spent massive sums of money for a champion that you refuse to fix in a timely manner (considering this "bug" has only existed since the last update)?

Comments

• RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Awkwardly, every "OP" champ has its issues. ghost with the timing and being hit by certain champs as fury or KM, nick fury got his synergy "fixed", OR has his issues with the block hit -SP counter, cull obsidion as you issued.

For real: I'm excited to see what's next for stealth spidy and mystic.

Fool me once ...

But for real: How much have you spent? Just out of curiosity. And thanks for funding the game!
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    1. What happened to all the Cull hype? It seems like no way home. 5 Cosmic in KT1’sgxc video. I’ve seen no gameplayb7 outside of the initial hype. Several Youtubers who have him don’t use him to clear content.
    2. How much did you spend?
    3. If you get a refund because you are dissatisfied you can. And you will have a debt. When they fix it you can pay that debt.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    RoOOts said:

Awkwardly, every "OP" champ has its issues. ghost with the timing and being hit by certain champs as fury, nick fury got his synergy "fixed", OR has his issues with the block hit -SP counter, cull obsidion as you issued.

Sorry, but I haven't heard about that Omega Red issue... could you possibly enlighten me?

But yeah I think the OP has some point. While I think it's not reasonable to go 'oh hey it's been going on for two weeks this is just unacceptable' (which I'm not assuming is the OP's entire point there, but hey I think that there are some people for who it is...), I think Kabam should at least keep us up to date on these issues. Just something as simple as 'hey thanks for all this feedback; we're doing X, Y and Z' every day or every other day.
    They need to let us know that they are actively knowledgable of the issues we find and aren't just leaving it to rot in the forums, and either regularly tell us (on the relevant thread) that they're actively trying to fix that bug, or make a general bugfix update post that only the mods can post in, and make that a general place where they go and say 'hey summoners. This is how we're going with all our bugs. We've got new bugs we've discovered thanks to you guys, and here's some progress on some of the bugs we've found that we think we need to fix first'.
    And maybe tell us why you chose those bugs to prioritise working on. It could be as simple as 'yeah these bugs are the ones that are impacting the most people directly', or 'oh we know exactly what we need to do so it's one thing we can fix really easily', or whatever. Otherwise we get people saying all this stuff like 'oh kabam only rushes to fix pro-player issues'. And that doesn't help anyone.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Here is a video I took where you see the ten stacks drop to just one and his damage is a wet noodle when back to one stack

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    There have never been refunds allowed. If you took the time to read the TOS, they've always been agaisnt them. It's not as if it's something that was taken away. This new policy allows people to prevent themselves from being banned due to fraudulent activity, albeit not in extreme cases.
    This whole idea that they only fix bugs that benefit Players is just not true. It also ignores the overall effect of those bugs, and whether a fix is possible. In the case of exploits and Reward leaks, that forces their hands to find a solution as fast as possible because those are game-breaking. In most cases, a next-best-thing solution is made with as little collateral damage as possible.
    Thoae situations are not optimal. They're dealt with in the best way possible. They don't just fix issues people benefit from.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    DalBot said:

What's always comical to me is the people who hit "disagree" on a thread that, really, is entirely fact based and not just illegitimate griping. 🤷🏻‍♂️

uhh the only factual thing in your entire OP was mentioning Cull is bugged... The rest was baseless griping.

It's been a whole 10 days since this bug appeared. Sorry to say, but 1 bugged champ that 99% of the player base doesn't even have yet is not a big deal. It will probably be fixed in next month's patch.

Asking for a refund because of a temporary technical issue is ridiculous.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

What's always comical to me is the people who hit "disagree" on a thread that, really, is entirely fact based and not just illegitimate griping. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fact based lol
    DalBot said:

Now let's be honest here, any time we have seen a bug that has been beneficial to players, it gets addressed and fixed post-haste. We have seen it time and time again. This issue however, we're going on two weeks with no real addressing of the issue. This is not acceptable. Yet if players want a refund for spending on a glitched champ, they get punished for it. That is highly disingenuous. Why do issues that affect players get such little attention compared to issues that affect Kabam? I mean, that's a redundant question since the answer is obvious, but it needs to be asked.

edited July 2019

There have never been refunds allowed. If you took the time to read the TOS, they've always been agaisnt them. It's not as if it's something that was taken away. This new policy allows people to prevent themselves from being banned due to fraudulent activity, albeit not in extreme cases.
    This whole idea that they only fix bugs that benefit Players is just not true. It also ignores the overall effect of those bugs, and whether a fix is possible. In the case of exploits and Reward leaks, that forces their hands to find a solution as fast as possible because those are game-breaking. In most cases, a next-best-thing solution is made with as little collateral damage as possible.
    Thoae situations are not optimal. They're dealt with in the best way possible. They don't just fix issues people benefit from.

What you're saying is deminstrably untrue and there is factual evidence to prove such. Look at how quickly bugs get fixed regarding broken synergies (Fury) or crystal abnormalities. Compare that to the time frame to fix champs that people spend literally hundreds or thousands of dollars on (Domino and Cull for example)where the issues get ignored or back burnered for weeks or months with little to no transparency for the player.

I know your knee-jerk reaction is to defend at all times but you're blatently wrong here. In the time since this bug was reported we have seen both this new refund policy and the biggest deals of the year. All the while a massively in-demand champion is broken but they are legitimately selling resources to obtain and rank this champion that they refuse to fix. That is wrong, full stop

Fact based lol

Sayeth he who cannot rebut...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    DalBot said:

What you're saying is deminstrably untrue and there is factual evidence to prove such. Look at how quickly bugs get fixed regarding broken synergies (Fury) or crystal abnormalities. Compare that to the time frame to fix champs that people spend literally hundreds or thousands of dollars on (Domino and Cull for example)where the issues get ignored or back burnered for weeks or months with little to no transparency for the player.

I know your knee-jerk reaction is to defend at all times but you're blatently wrong here. In the time since this bug was reported we have seen both this new refund policy and the biggest deals of the year. All the while a massively in-demand champion is broken but they are legitimately selling resources to obtain and rank this champion that they refuse to fix. That is wrong, full stop
    Your factual evidence is incomplete conjecture. Crystal abnormalities, no idea what you mean there. That's on the server and it is well within their control. Fury wasn't intended to be that OP, and they weren't that fast on it. That would have been one of those game-breaking things I mentioned. Who's ignoring issues? The point you're not getting is they do what they can to fix things. Sometimes it takes time. If It's game-breaking, they have to find a solution fast. Otherwise it can take longer. Sometimes the issue can't be fixed right away. I'm not even going to entertain Cull. How long has it been reported?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Fact based lol

Neither can you. This age old arguement from the extremely biased community. You THINK bugs that help player get fixed fast but others dont. 100% untrue and people use this to rile up people just to try to get your point across. This isnt fact based and you stated but only a figiment of your imagination. This bug hasn't been out long and maybe they just dont know whats wrong with him at the moment.

Nothing you said warrants any discussion for a refund as ther isn't any plans to make what's wrong with him permanent, so what would they refund?

Are you Prof Hoff in disguise? All you are doing is trying to spread conspiracy for no reason what so ever.
  • TankRichardsonTankRichardson Posts: 87

DalBot said:

Fact based lol

Neither can you. This age old arguement from the extremely biased community. You THINK bugs that help player get fixed fast but others dont. 100% untrue and people use this to rile up people just to try to get your point across. This isnt fact based and you stated but only a figiment of your imagination. This bug hasn't been out long and maybe they just dont know whats wrong with him at the moment.

Nothing you said warrants any discussion for a refund as ther isn't any plans to make what's wrong with him permanent, so what would they refund?

Are you Prof Hoff in disguise? All you are doing is trying to spread conspiracy for no reason what so ever.
    I have no dog in this fight, but you're not providing any more evidence than he is.. he's saying what he thinks, and you're saying it's 100% wrong. You haven't given any evidence to the contrary while saying he isn't giving any evidence.
    edited July 2019

I mean, not like I've replied to the comment thread in the bugs category specifically mentioning you prior to today or anything 🤦🏻‍♂️

I mean, we can hash through bugs like Nick Fury synergies (fixed after his crystals re-ran mind you)and crystal drops vs Domino/Cull, but somehow I doubt I'll get a facts driven response from you. This bug has been going on for two weeks. That's a long time in a mobile gaming environment. It's a big that occurred after an update. It's not as complicated a diagnosis and fix as you would want others to believe. What transparency is there to show that this is being worked on? Two forum replies saying "we're looking in to it"? That's adequate to you?

As for refunds, you're good with players who dropped serious coin not having access to what they were promised? That's acceptable? Seriously?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,335 ★★★★★
    I actually agree with the OP with champs broken it's like supreme at start of fight he either removes buffs or dont but he doesnt get damaged, its been told about a few times about this and has had a mod comment to say about it being investigated and with cull it was his sig at first but now his thanos favor. it's like if they dont get fixed asap why should u try get a broken champ that's amazing but turns put is bugged and doesnt get fixed for months on end. And why should bugs that help us or anything get fixed asap.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Some issues may take time to investigate, determine a solution and implement a fix. Depending on the nature of the issue, some can be resolved quickly and others take time. If we've said we are investigating an issue, we are doing that and would appreciate patience. When we have any update related to issues, we'll be sure to provide them in the dedicated existing discussions. Thanks for your understanding.
This discussion has been closed.