**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Who is Warlock?

IDogeIDoge Posts: 409 ★★
Can someone give me some background info on this guy? I don't know him fully but he sounds interesting.

Comments

• Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    When did Kabam add this/him?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

They haven’t yet. It’s speculation that he will be added next month. Or in the future. Just speculation no confirmation.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 529 ★★★

According to data mining, next month along with Sunspot.
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

They haven’t yet. It’s speculation that he will be added next month. Or in the future. Just speculation no confirmation.
    JollyHawk said:

According to data mining, next month along with Sunspot.
    Oh ok, I was so confused, thanks for the answers.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

Comes from another planet, came here to escape his father. I believe their society required him to fight his father or some such. There's a bit of Stranger in a Strangeland vibe to him, being an alien robot in a new world.

Warlock refers to himself as Self, and he can transform shape into anything (one fave panel showed him coming to the rescue as the Starship Enterprise). He's a teenager in mind. Very powerful. His father was a big baddie in the comix. Warlock's illustrations were awesome, very Ralph Steadman-esque.

Hmm... okay. Sounds like an unique addition to the contest. It's cool that Kabam adds unknown characters so that people can familiarize with them
    Definitely not unknown if you watched the 90s xmen cartoon.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    WHOA WHAT THEY’RE ADDING MA BOI WARLOCK?! HECK YEAH!
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

Can someone give me some background info on this guy? I don't know him fully but he sounds interesting.

Not really a character people care about
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    He made a brief appearance on the 90s Animated X-Men Cartoon.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlock_(New_Mutants)
    @IDoge, This will literally tell you everything you need to know.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Sunspot is more recognizable than Warlock I think. Warlock seems familiar but Sunspot is definitely more recognizable for me.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    Anyone who reads xmen comics or new mutants or xforce know warlock is definitely not a no mame character. Hes actully a major character. Hes also been requested numerous times
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    I remember him from the comics, new mutants, showing my age a little bit. He was a powerful but quirky character. It will be interesting to see how his animations look because of his ability to change shape.
  • bb_81bb_81 Posts: 147
    if done halfway decent to who warlock was in the comics, when it comes to his abilities, warlock will be the next highly popular, sought after, god tier flavor of the month. i daresay that he might even surpass ghost and namor, in regards to abilities, utilities, synergies, damage output and popularity. of course i could be wrong, kabam has a way of always making a fool/jerk out of me.
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    edited July 2019

Warlock and sunspot are coming in August
    #FallenAngels 😍
    IDoge said:

Comes from another planet, came here to escape his father. I believe their society required him to fight his father or some such. There's a bit of Stranger in a Strangeland vibe to him, being an alien robot in a new world.

Warlock refers to himself as Self, and he can transform shape into anything (one fave panel showed him coming to the rescue as the Starship Enterprise). He's a teenager in mind. Very powerful. His father was a big baddie in the comix. Warlock's illustrations were awesome, very Ralph Steadman-esque.

Hmm... okay. Sounds like an unique addition to the contest. It's cool that Kabam adds unknown characters so that people can familiarize with them
    He's actually far from obscure and unknown. Any fan of the X-Men comics would know who he is right away. He's been around for over 30 years. He is actually a mutant because he has feelings. No other member of his race has ever had feelings. That's what makes him so unique and cool. His other abilities such as his shape shifting abilities and his ability to infect others with the transmode virus are abilities that every one of his species possesses.

He made a brief appearance on the 90s Animated X-Men Cartoon.

I was just about to say this 😂

I remember when he did that 😂😂🤣🤣
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    To help anyone with sunspot he played in X-men Days of Future Past so go watch that and you will recongize him lol
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    I just realized...could warlock be paving the way for mystique?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    This guy sounds really cool, very exited.