**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus glaive abilities

VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
Hello, I recently pulled a 4* corvus glaive and took him to r4, I'm not that experienced with him but I do know he can gain cruelty buffs for each mission completed. Is there anything else I need to know on why hes god tier or how to play him?

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Its best to spectate the maps to know what path to take him on. That way u can see if there r a mutant and tech champ that evades early on. Completing the missions helps alot but he is great even without them. Keep an eye on his glaive charges. Once they run out he doesnt hit near as hard and it takes a long time to reset. Thats the basics I use.
  • I usually focus on doing MLM combos with him, at least until I've build up his persistent charges or if the fight looks like it'll be short enough that I don't need to worry about saving Glaive Charges. His first Light attack uses his hand, not his glaive, so doesn't use a Glaive charge, so a MLM lets me get 3 hits in while only using 2 Glaive Charges and still getting pretty good damage from the two Medium attacks.

Since he can crit through blocks without using his Glaive Charges, I'll sometimes even purposely hit into my opponent's block a few times to get some extra damage and save Charges. I never do full combos into a block though, so that I don't get hit, and I pay careful attention to my opponent's Power when I do this to not put myself in a bad situation. That said, while he still has Glaive Charges, his SP2 is Unblockable and drains the opponent's Power if they are at max Power so it can help you out of that situation if necessary.
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    edited July 2019
    Tech champs like IM and HB count for 2 missions completed.

To complete the auto block/evade mission you need to knock the opponent down, not out to get credit. So watch your use of specials when trying to complete that.

Once you have at least 3 missions complete you will know why he is considered God Tier.

He also breaks Ice armor and Diamond armor on a parry so he particularly useful against IM and Emma
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Man I love Corvus. He’s my favorite champ in the contest to play right now. Here’s my advice.
    1) He’s not super effective if you don’t build charges, so make sure that whenever you can you use him versus opponents that can give charges.
    2) Remember that IM (both kinds), Hulkbuster, and both Visions count for 2 charges because they’re tech AND Avengers. Namor is also good because he’s Mutant and Avenger, but he’s not going to show up too often for a while.
    3) He has a lot of immunities. Read them. Remember them. Use them.
    4) The evade mission only works if you knock them DOWN, not out so hit a champ that evaded with a heavy instead of a special unless you think they can take it.
    5) Once you’re out of charges in a fight, he really can’t do much damage until they recharge, which takes a while.
    6) You only really need 3 charges, the evade is the hardest so you don’t need to focus on that one. 4 charges will kill almost anything, but 3 will do the job too.

Have fun! He’s awesome!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yeah everyone's advice is definitely good
    Congrats!