**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW boss and mini boss nodes

Can you please make the boss nodes in AW linked nodes like AQ nodes? It gets very frustrating defending in AW only to have one player muscle through noded bosses. Make the nodes linked so that alliances have to drop all 3 mini nodes before attacking boss node.

Comments

• Options
    KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    The main boss is linked to all 3 mini bosses.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I'm assuming you mean a linked boost? Don't think that's a great idea personally since a boss kill is very often the deciding factor in a war. Also it's fun to take on linked bosses and win as it gives you a bit more of a challenge. Plus when your opponents use a champ that's awful as a boss like colossus or ghost rider then the other alliance should at least be able to take him down without all 3 minibosses being cleared. That's the fault of the alliance that placed that champion as a boss so they should be at a disadvantage for it imo.
  • Options
    JabbawokkyJabbawokky Posts: 139
    If a node is linked, then no damage can be done to the boss. Linked nodes are the far left and right nodes in aq that prevent damage done to the boss. All 3 minis should be linked or make matchups fair. A 4m ally matched up against a 7m ally will already be a slaughter, then to be slapped in the face with one guy killing the boss with 2 nodes still up. Nothing fair or fun about that.
  • Options
    AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    I believe match ups are more based on war rating alliance rating doesn't always matter many there could have sold champs look low but are not ect I'm in a 7.5 m ally we just beat a 9.7 mill team. Study war make it your thing collect data plan use strategy set traps get your alliance to cooperate with defensive placements plan your attack and your slaughter comment there won't be valid. Grind arena for defensive champs make it a rule lol then you don't need shield nodes
  • Options
    @AndyBaron7 that has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. I have no problem handling any path in war. Im in a 6.5m ally and we always have a higher rated foe and we rarely get blown out if we lose. Still doesnt change the fact the 3 mini nodes should all be linked and have to be dropped before boss can be attacked.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Why shouldn't players be rewarded for having the skill to take linked bosses?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I agree that the AW boss should be link nodes so unless you take the three minibosses down the boss cannot be defeated.

Anothet solution is to add caltrops, poison and degeneration linked to the boss by right and left miniboss.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

Thats easy to say when youre in a 10m alliance and not doing the boss killing smh
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

Thats easy to say when youre in a 10m alliance and not doing the boss killing smh

That doesn't answer his question though.
    I'm in a 7mil alliance and I often take shots at the boss so maybe if I ask you'll give an answer.

Why shouldn't players be rewarded for having the skill to take down a linked boss?
  • Options
    Taking shots and killing linked bosses are two different things smart guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    To answer the question, players shouldnt be able to beat a linked boss period. Ive beat linked bosses. Its not fair to the opposing alliance who cant. A noded boss should be as strong as a ROL fight. 2 nodes still up should make even invincible. Period
  • Options
    Kirklin wrote: »
    The main boss is linked to all 3 mini bosses.

My point exactly, all 3 should be dropped in order to take him down. 2 nodes up should make a boss invincible regardless of who is placed there
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    I respect your opinion OP but disagree. The boss is being buffed by the 3 mini bosses. If 1 is down he still has 2 buffs making him a very hard fight. If someone is able to take him down, good for them.
    Now I would suggest lowering the points for a boss kill, so the other aspects of the game matter more. Explore, attack kills, defense kill, Number of players.
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    The only way they could make it impossible would be for them to make the minibosses tougher so that the outgoing links would power up the boss even more. But then wars would be even less fun. As much as it stinks losing a war cause your opponent beats a double-noded boss, it's still pretty rare.
  • Options
    It happens quite often on my tier, not rare at all.
  • Options
    Its funny when an idiot disagrees with you and flags your comment.