**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can you match yourself in AW? And if you do...

CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Noticed an alliance has been able to build up two alliances to the top of the leader board in war rating. One has a 35m rating and the other has a ~600k rating while being within each other’s potential pool of matches for AW.

This opens many interesting possibilities and questions about what happens when and ally swaps out at such a high level.

1) Is it possible for the 600k ally to match in T1 skewing the season results?
2) If they match themselves is that within the spirit of the contest?

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Yes and no.
    You need a certain amount of summoners in an alliance to start a war. and a certain amount in each BG to open more, IIRC. So while they could if they dumped a lot of alt accounts, that would take a lot of work for a non guaranteed fight.

Spirit of the game? The spirit of the game is broken and was broken at top tiers YEARS ago.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Isn’t prestige a factor in matchmaking now as well..? So it would be really hard to if true. But concluding has been addressed in the past. And this would be part of that.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Yes and no.
    You need a certain amount of summoners in an alliance to start a war. and a certain amount in each BG to open more, IIRC. So while they could if they dumped a lot of alt accounts, that would take a lot of work for a non guaranteed fight.

Spirit of the game? The spirit of the game is broken and was broken at top tiers YEARS ago.

They are both 30/30, it’s also not a lot of work to bring available alts into the alt alliance, set the ally to open then press enlist every two days.
    Jaded said:

Isn’t prestige a factor in matchmaking now as well..? So it would be really hard to if true. But concluding has been addressed in the past. And this would be part of that.

I’m not sure there are other factors for mming. Season 9 evidenced that there may be other potential factors but Season 10 seemed to be absent of low rated allies competing for masters without matching master alliances; maybe I missed it?

I wouldn’t jump to say prestige is a factor; there are other potential factors.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Yes and no.

They are both 30/30, it’s also not a lot of work to bring available alts into the alt alliance, set the ally to open then press enlist every two days.
    Jaded said:

I’m not sure there are other factors for mming. Season 9 evidenced that there may be other potential factors but Season 10 seemed to be absent of low rated allies competing for masters without matching master alliances; maybe I missed it?

I wouldn’t jump to say prestige is a factor; there are other potential factors.
    Right. We don’t know if it’s a factor, or if it is a factor how much it can determine the matchups. But Viewing the standings in season 10 it would “appear” that lower prestige alliances don’t match higher prestige alliances. So would be tough to get a shell alliance with potentially much lower prestige to match its “main” alliance with a much higher prestige.

But then again I’m not a whale, wouldn’t be hard for some of those whales to get a similar prestige alt account through the many possibilities to make a matchup work. 🤷‍♂️