**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The A.I. recovery is getting worse every day. [Gathering Information]

13»

Comments

• WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    kolomvos wrote: »
    I don't think that's a problem, who cares if the AI acts differently in different game modes? It's a fighting game, adapt, be a better player and smash it :)

It's not supposed to be easy, otherwise there's no challenge and it's just another boring game.

I couldnt agree with you more about having to adapt, become better, not supposed to be easy and there being no challenge if it was so. But I have to say that if there is consistent evidence that point to the posibilities that the the game AI is not playing on the same performance level as is humanly possible, we are not capable to adapt to it. We cannot react or calculate faster than a computer and we never will be able to. And we do not possess direct access control to whatever action/reaction script that the AI has and I believe that is causing this to happen at the moment. We see the animation, we calculate, we react, our hand eye coordination responds and the phone transmits the results to the other end. All done in a fraction of a second, but the AI is capable to retaliate nearly instantly as that info is recieved. So we will always lose, because there's no way to adapt to that other than throwing your phone against the wall. LOL
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    [quote= We cannot react or calculate faster than a computer and we never will be able to. And we do not possess direct access control to whatever action/reaction script that the AI has and I believe that is causing this to happen at the moment. [/quote]

Obviously you're right, but beyond that too, there are times when it's impossible to parry because of the speed of animation. I've seen countless times when you'd have to push parry before the opponent started his animation for it to work, which clearly is impossible, because you'd have to block while you were attacking. Good luck blocking and attacking at the same time genius who suggested adapting. This applies to intercepting too, and basically every other mechanic in the game is very broken STILL a month and a half later. I don't know how they are still accepting money for this game as it stands.
    Are you ever going to fix this? A.I. behavior is still very erratic and unreasonably explosive the majority of the time. Half the time it looks like they bounce off the walls they respond so quickly. Every two or three matches I still have wolverine's 5th attack blocked. This has existed for months, and cost people around the globe thousands of $ at this point. Going to need an update on when this will be fixed. This is not an acceptable new norm.
  • seen this fighting with red hulk, after his heavy he will recover fast and do either his dash or special attack or the other way around after a special if you dash on him hell do a heavy, green goblin and doc octopus in mastermode also recovers a lot faster.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I am surprised some people are just noticing this. For over a year, many have noticed that the AI seems to speed up around AQ time... the AI simply reacts faster than normal. You will even see where the AI will do a 5 hit combo and dash back into you before you can actually start blocking (via block/hit stun mechanics - meaning after you are hit the game prevents you from moving for 0.x seconds) and start a new combo.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    I am surprised some people are just noticing this. For over a year, many have noticed that the AI seems to speed up around AQ time... the AI simply reacts faster than normal. You will even see where the AI will do a 5 hit combo and dash back into you before you can actually start blocking (via block/hit stun mechanics - meaning after you are hit the game prevents you from moving for 0.x seconds) and start a new combo.

Ah yes...the 9 hit combo that you can't block
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    I did a screen video of ai just busting through block with regular attack and it won't let me post it
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    my lord bunch of cry babies
    edited August 2017
    It's not how aggressive the a.i is that is the problem... Obviously this game being difficult is one of the only things it has going for it. It's that it's inconsistent, erratic, and clearly there is an issue with the timing of it all. It will appear to lag at times, then burst so fast that it skips frames in the animation at other times. It hasn't been happening for years as one confused poster typed. It's an issue that they created in the tweaking of a.i post 12.0. While I've "adapted" and do end up getting a parry off 99 percent of the time, it's just an absolutely sloppy a.i. right now, which is why there are so many problems with it ,for example... getting blocked mid 5 hit combo or having your special blocked. It's just poorly programmed, and cleaning it up needs to be number 1 priority. If we accept the fundamental gameplay/mechanics being this low of quality we're just begging for them to take our potions/revives.
This discussion has been closed.