**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Karnak: Is he good?

2»

Comments

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    weavile wrote: »
    he's the kind you use because you don't have a better option, okay champ but outclassed by many others.

This right here.
  • NinexblueNinexblue Posts: 31
    I'm probably one of the few people who have his 5* duped and at 4/55. He was who I used for the easy path of LoL, and he is definitely a useful champ.

I find him particularly useful in AW attack these days.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    From what I understand, he is really good for the poison path of map 6.
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    Hits hard. Kinda the racoon of skill class. It would b nice if his truesight ability lasts longer.
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    The better you play the better he is...that sounds simplistic and true for anyone ...but Karnak exemplifies that especially. Play loose and aggressive and usually you will suck with him and think it's the heros fault for being no good.

Get focus, don't get hit and he can methodically chop down superior opponents. I have an unawakened 4* and showed my alliance mates yesterday during a debate we had for this same topic that I could chop down a 5/50 Magik in less than 30 hits easy. His play style and moves support a counter/defensive play style well.. he's definitely no WS or gwenpool that you can attack with abandon and be successful with.

Awakened he has a lesser form of tenacity which helps his durability, but unawakened you will feel like he's a bit of a glass cannon when you do get lit up. I took him off of my AQ trio because he isn't durable enough without being duped and has no regen. The AI plays him really poorly...he's a pure human skill hero, so don't put him on AW D either.

In case anyone didn't notice, He's a shortcut to R5 since he uses both skill and cosmic T4CC
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    [quote
    Just pulled him and wondering whether he's worth using in a crit team.

Also, is his dupe useful or does it just boil down to poison resist?

Karnak is his own crit team. Get focus and you will see mostly yellow if you have the right offensive masteries.

His dupe is kind of like tenacity but it doesn't quash the debuff as fast as agent venom.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Putting him with miss marvel and rogue is a solid 3 person team. Gives ya some perfect block and crit damage which he benefits greatly from.
  • karnak is a Garbage champion. pure garbage. Right from his clothing to his specials to his fighting style everything is trash. Developer team did such a horrendous job, i would kick them if i was boss. he is supposed to give almost certain crits but that doesn't happen anymore. terrible sp1, even spdgwen sp1 is better. pillow punches even in true strike and focus on. one has to keep eyes wide open in tough matches that will go down to the wire in tier1. One mistake and he's ****, even in blocks. Signature ability is great but what's the use if basic gameplay is trash.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    My opinion (and I assume most agree) is that he is average with some utility. He is a glass cannon.

I don't think you know what glass cannon means.

Karnak has one of the highest *base* health stats in the game. A 4* R5 touches 18k health...
  • His buffs to me seem weak and over all no great specials. Probably one of my least favourites.