Your most regretted rank up?

PeterQuillPeterQuill Member Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
Mine is probably Angela to rank 4 a long time ago...ahe was my 2nd rank 4 and I was just excited to have another one. She helped me out a bit when I initially did it but then ended up with a duped 6 star angela a little while later. Dont use either of them ever.

Comments

• DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Member Posts: 444 ★★
    Back when hulk buster came out, he was my first 4 star and I took him to r3 as a 4 star. Not that bad now but then it was kinda bad for a noob
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    X23 to 4:55 great champ but have no use for her anymore only on defence for diversity
  • allinashesallinashes Member Posts: 824 ★★★
    I would've said Angela to r4 a while ago but I've been using her again lately for Havok in questing. Right now it's Ghost to r4. I see the potential in her, just don't like the playstyle much and don't need another synergy-dependent champ.
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Member Posts: 244
    Spidergwen to R3 for me. I recently pulled she-hulk and wish I had saved the cats for her. Now I gotta wait.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Member Posts: 772 ★★★

Mine is probably Angela to rank 4 a long time ago...ahe was my 2nd rank 4 and I was just excited to have another one. She helped me out a bit when I initially did it but then ended up with a duped 6 star angela a little while later. Dont use either of them ever.

Elektra to rank 4. Exactly the same reason I was excited to get my second rank 4 and now I never use her

• HendrossHendross Member Posts: 956 ★★★
    R4 King Groot, his pillow hands cleared some early content, but are utterly useless in act 5 and beyond with a few exceptions.
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Member Posts: 139
    R4 drax
    I used him as an r3 to beat the act 5 ultron for the first time and decided to rank him as my first r4 to fight evade champs. Then kabam broke his double hit medium and made him pretty much worthless to me
  • -sixate--sixate- Member Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    5* Rhino to R4. First R4 back when most didn't have one. Would love to have that one back. I quit for a long time after 12.0 update and missed rank downs.
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    my 6* hood. Decent at the time but should have waited a little bit.
  • Blizz_4R_Blizz_4R_ Member Posts: 95
    4* hulk buster awakened, taken to sig 99 and r5 on my first account, I’ve sold him now out of disgust
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Member Posts: 139
    Lormif said:

Did you r2 hood?
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Member Posts: 513 ★★★

Djkrdjj said:

Back when hulk buster came out, he was my first 4 star and I took him to r3 as a 4 star. Not that bad now but then it was kinda bad for a noob

Yeah me too
    But r4 for me I thought the cooler the animations the more damage they dealt
    And plus the armor break on his sp2 made me think that he dealt a lot of damage
    This is me exactly except I thought he did tons of damage by himself.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Member Posts: 350 ★★
    Morningstar to r3 right before i pulled a 2-3 rank up mystic gem. Then another one
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Member Posts: 221
    Civil Warrior 5* rank 3
    The hood 5* rank 4
    Sorcerer Supreme 4* rank 5
    Doctor Voodoo 4* rank 5
    Phoenix 4* to rank 4

• Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Member Posts: 183
    Captain America OG to rank 2 as a five star, when I could’ve waited for my Ghost Rider or Night Thrasher
  • DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★
    Don't really have any egregious ones but have a few R3 5* that I wouldn't mind getting the resources back from
  • SUIC1DESUIC1DE Member Posts: 20
    I maxed out my 1st 4 star champ. Superior Iron man
  • Leon91Leon91 Member Posts: 58

Djkrdjj said:

Yeah me too
    But r4 for me I thought the cooler the animations the more damage they dealt
    And plus the armor break on his sp2 made me think that he dealt a lot of damage
    This is how I was with War Machines back when I first started. My first 3 star and I just assumed he was great because he looked cool, could chain heavies in the corner and then when those buffs popped up towards the end, I was like....well he is clearly the best in the game.
    Yeah! Its funny how we all downloaded this game believing we were downloading a regular game to kill some time for a few months... Then we all used champions that looked cool or our favorite Marvel heroes... Look at us now! This is cyber heroine !
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Member Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Rank 3 magneto 4 star
    Rank 2 iron fist 5 star
  • KalantakKalantak Member Posts: 1,300 ★★★★
    R4/55 morningstar, guilotine , storm ,rogue , doc oc Darkhawk,never get to use them at all
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Member Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

See that R4 Nightcrawler? He was my first R4 and I had T2As in overflow I was worried about expiring at the time. My luck started turning around after that and T2As take awhile for me to acquire so I really regret that rank up decision.
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Did you r2 hood?
    yes
    I love the hood and have been waiting ages for him as a 5 star to use this stupid mystic gem to take him to rank 4. With that being said, he would only be taken up for a fun rank up. The balls on you to take him to rank 2 as a 6 star....kudos my man. I bet he slaps hyperion around though.
    He does. He has served me well, but there are better, I have a 6* domino or Omega red that would have been nice to rank up. I did also rank up a 6* ST which may be my second regret but he is duped and makes a decent war defender.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

I don't really have rank up regrets in that sense, because I don't rank them up unless I plan to use them immediately, or rank up resources are about to expire. The only way for me to have a rank up regret like that would be if I were to, say, do a rank 4 for an unawakened champ I have no intention of ranking to 5, and then pull them as a 6* the next day. Fortunately, that hasn't happened yet.

If I rank them up and get a lot of use out of them, and they help me progress, and then later they get superceded by other champs, I generally don't regret the rank up. I think about them like I think about old past cars I used to drive.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    Duped OG Captain Marvel to R4 a long time ago. What a disappointment.

Luckily, we somehow got RDTs (PhoneMelt or some other fiasco) and back down she went.

Dr. Zola
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Member Posts: 506 ★★
    Iceman... Duh!!
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Member Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    4* ultron to 5/50 as a few days later i pulled him as a 5*. To make things worse the 5* ultron is dupped while ive my 4* ultron is still undupped lol
  • MassapealMassapeal Member Posts: 143
    For a really long time, Cyclops blue and Colossus were my only 4* mutants. I rank 5'ed Cyclops because I maxed out the amount tier 4 mutant catalyst I could hold and I had a ton of mutant iso8.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Member Posts: 535 ★★
    Wolverine. With the current state of the game, Wolverine is useless. And Im starting to regret Cull Obsidian