**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
Please bear with me, this isn't a rant. I am just curious as to whether I'm the only one feeling this way about the Sinister labs.
Every time I get into the epic difficulty I draw some ridiculous buffs. Like, how do you fight against the one that power locks you on sp1, and at the same time punishes you for using two specials of the same kind.
You say, well...just don't use specials. But I can't get anywhere because most of the time I keep also drawing 200% power gain.
Or when you draw the one that degenerates you for 50% health, and you are supposed to regenerate that health back but you also get screwed because it comes with the other buff that reverses all types of healing or regen on you.
The solution is to just use your "randomizers" right? But what if I just keep drawing the same kind of buffs over, and over, and over, and over?

Out of the 4 days of labs, I was able to get through one lab once, but that was only because I used 2 revives.
So at that pace it would take me more or less 40 revives to get through 10 days of labs. How many shards does it yield 10 labs, and how many super hard fights is that?

I am not an end game player, I dont have a super diverse/deep team. But normally this kind of events, my team consisting of 5*r5 Blade, 5*r4 gulk,5* r4 Cap marvel(movie), 6* Omega Red, 5*r4 Ghost Rider, 5*r4 Void would clear with little difficulty.

BTW, as a point of reference, I've done one run of LOL, cleared variant 2, and I'm cavalier. But none of that content felt more BS than this one.

Am I over reacting, or are other people feeling the same way?

Comments

• KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    I dont like them
    Did one and got irritated, then realized exploring doesnt give anything extra

Its lousy and I'll likley avoid it
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    I don’t see anyone mentioning this for whatever reason, but you have ten entries per run. If you just do the top two difficulties you have five tries at better opponents before even using your rerolls. These really don’t have to cost much outside of a somewhat annoying amount of time.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I don’t see anyone mentioning this for whatever reason, but you have ten entries per run. If you just do the top two difficulties you have five tries at better opponents before even using your rerolls. These really don’t have to cost much outside of a somewhat annoying amount of time.

Not to mention the very large number of rerolls available through the objectives
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    They are fairly challenging even with a team of r5 5* I’d say if you don’t have that you need next level skill coupled with some good luck. I’ve personally not had too much trouble my biggest issue is the time it takes just to run through epic and master is close to 30 minutes. These are side quests and should require more than 10-15 minutes per day
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    You're not the only one.

There's been a few threads saying this already. It's horrible. I've tried them 4-5 times, 1 time i got close but needed 1 revive and decided that the rewards aren't worth the revive so I quit out.

I've decided to skip EPIC all together now and just do everything up to Master.

A lot of us are going to miss out on the rewards & gameplay this month and it's a real shame.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I don't think the rewards are bad but I don't think any content is worth spending units or items on, at least excessively. Like a couple is all I'd be willing to use just because I'm not really into that kind of level of play but some people are. So I just don't do much questing of any kind.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

You're not the only one.

There's been a few threads saying this already. It's horrible. I've tried them 4-5 times, 1 time i got close but needed 1 revive and decided that the rewards aren't worth the revive so I quit out.

A lot of us are going to miss out on the rewards & gameplay this month and it's a real shame.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
    I've also tried using the "10 entries" you get. But haven't really had better luck with that either. I think keeping the same defenders after exiting as opposed to randomly getting new ones on each entry would help a little.

• Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I get bored or annoyed on the first fight, then just exit cause I’ve got better things to do lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Yeah I'm not bothering with Epic. With the difference between that and Master, it's much less stress. It's overkill.

Yeah I'm not bothering with Epic. With the difference between that and Master, it's much less stress. It's overkill.

I'm surprised you're 'grounded' by the Epic difficulty... I would have thought your roster would be EPIC with nearly 20k posts!! LOL .. good to see you're at our level.
    Jcobra25 said:

You're not the only one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
    I've also tried using the "10 entries" you get. But haven't really had better luck with that either. I think keeping the same defenders after exiting as opposed to randomly getting new ones on each entry would help a little.

Yeah think of it this way, people at our level won't be able to do it neither, meaning they also won't get the rewards... so we're all still at the same or similar level after this month.

Those that can do them are probably at a much higher level than us so it's ok if they get the rewards, no big deal.

In other words, if nobody's doing them, there's no harm done to anyone.

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Honestly I think people are letting the nodes get to them. Yes you can get screwed like heal reversal and aspect of nightmares. I've also been tagged a few times by the 1% regen and buffet on the same champ but I don't let it frustrate me. I go till I lose my team or burn through 8 randomizers. I then quit out and try again or say meh the rewards aren't that big of a loss. I'm using similar champs to the original poster and run the lower quests first a difficulty at a time. I use them as a break from the real world and dont try to do them all at once because yeah they take way to long. Between the 8 from the store and the ones from the lower quests the randomizers are all I'm wasting in resources for this event. I've yet to miss out on 100% completion so far but I only reroll if I get one of the no win instant death combos like aspect of death and heal reversal since the rest of the combos are no worse than when I ran act 5 with 4*s. One bit of advice though is that I have found taking archangel with my team has let me bypass some of the nodes like thorns which seem to regularly appear on most of my paths as well as speed up the kill times on much of epic. I also take sl since I see the power lock node and reduced crit nodes quite a bit. Really though it's not worth the stress of burning resources to complete if your whole team gets destroyed save those resources for the new variant coming which is a better return on your time and pots.
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    edited August 2019
    It’s not that bad tbh
    🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Doc_Hollamon its funny when u say it's not bad and show a screenshot of almost 4 dead champs and u still have the boss left. Why are the majority of your champs dead if it's not that bad? I know it is doable. Ppl are just saying its more difficult than most epic side quests and the difficulty doesnt match the rewards per day.
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    I’m doing it with 4* and a r3 rogue while my top champs are in AQ and AW. The champs in the path have enough attack where I can’t take 1 combo with my 4* and that r3. If it was my r4-5 5* or 6* it would’ve been much easier. If it can be completed with 4s it’s not as bad as people are making it
  • ParfanityParfanity Posts: 330
    You are not the only one who feels this way. I'm doing epic here and there when I can, but not going to make it a priority. They need to decrease the difficulty, or increase rewards to make it playable content.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I’ve been doing epic and master. My issue with sinister labs is that it’s annoying content.
    You can keep rolling the randomiser and continuously get ridiculous combinations on the node.
    Yes you can quit and start again or buy more randomisers but it’s just unnecessary hassle.
    Most of the really annoying unavoidable damage buffs in this game are cropping up all the time in this content so half the time it feels like a choice between a poke in the eye or a kick in the shin.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I'm fine with them but there are just to many fights for one path why can't it just he like the bounty missions where it was two fights than you can dip
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Multiple entry opportunities and rerolls make them doable, but for me the time commitment is too much to do Epic and Master every day.

Faced with a ~30-minute sortie in Epic that nets me okay rewards, I’d much rather run arena or do something different entirely.

Dr. Zola
  • Daniel930702Daniel930702 Posts: 51
    It's relatively hard but still way easier than modok lab.. modok lab u can roll up to 6 nodes. If you find it hard then just do master
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

It's relatively hard but still way easier than modok lab.. modok lab u can roll up to 6 nodes. If you find it hard then just do master

Now I know you are trolling. MODOK labs was piece of cake. And after one or two rerolls youd get more manageable nodes.
    Not the case with sinister labs
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Posts: 52
    If you don't like the game quit! I did i'm only here to see if anything has improved and by the way it looks you still got Mike ignoring and dodging questions and the game actually being the same as when I left.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I'm giving Epic a hard pass ... (but heck, I'm only Uncollected ... so go figure :) )

That said, speaking ONLY on the level of difficulty .. I like the difficulty of Sinister Labs .. I feel they have the difficulty ramp up perfectly on par.

Epic for something like this, should be for those end gamers, with 5* and 6* rosters .. and some mad skills, etc ..

For me, and my present state: (no 6* ... about 20-25 5* ... 2 of them at rank 4 .. and many Maxed 4*) .. I can handle Master .. and for me it's a challenge. I can do it without using revives, but it's been close a couple of times ... :)

So I do feel like the difficulty is in a good place ..

HOWEVER ..

the rewards, as stated ... in comparision to said difficulty .. is absolute GARBAGE ... it's a joke ... and the usual Kabam, slap in the face.

Had they rewards, been a bit more in line with the difficulty .. (giving appropriate rewards vs investment into .. ) then this entire event would have been a perfect ace ..

but alas .. rewards and NOT good ... so no .. don't push yourselves that hard .. take the low hanging fruit, the easy runs (for your roster, etc) .. and do something more useful .. like Daily Proving grounds .. ;)