**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is Omega Red taking bleed damage in Variant?

joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
Additionally while bleeding from the node he didn’t inflict more than 10 death spores. Seriously... is anything still working in this game??????

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s not bleed immune, only 90% resistant, and if the damage from the bleed is crazy high like colossus in variant he will still die to it
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Top Tip: Use the mastery (coagulate i think its called). Basically what it does is add bleed resistance so he pretty much becomes completely immune in all scenarios

It is indeed coagulate, and it's almost all scenarios. If the opponent has the Enhanced Bleed node active, the extra damage will still get through (-90%+-10%+X% = X%)
  • Options
    Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Think what he's saying is that death field didnt activate when the bleeds were applied, or death field wasnt increasing the number of spores
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    joke1004 said:

You guys assume I’m stupid, right? Of course I had a point in coagulate. The colossus bleed didn’t deal damage. Had 50 stacks in myself, didn’t die.
    But a few fights before, the bleed node dealt damage to me and I couldn’t get more than 10 death spores even though I was bleeding. That can’t be intended in any way!

Any video of what you had happen?
  • Options
    NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    Something is definitely going on, probably a couple of bugged interations; I too used OR in Variant 3 but took a big chuck of damage from a Morningstar's bleed (I don't recall which chapter), which of course wouldn't have happened considering the 90% dmg reduction.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Something is definitely going on, probably a couple of bugged interations; I too used OR in Variant 3 but took a big chuck of damage from a Morningstar's bleed (I don't recall which chapter), which of course wouldn't have happened considering the 90% dmg reduction.

90% reduction doesn't equal zero damage. Morningstars bleed scales with her attack. She can still hurt you with her bleed.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Top Tip: Use the mastery (coagulate i think its called). Basically what it does is add bleed resistance so he pretty much becomes completely immune in all scenarios

Yes it is coagulate, 1 point makes him completely immune to bleed damage but you still get the debuff for willpower and death field
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

90% reduction doesn't equal zero damage. Morningstars bleed scales with her attack. She can still hurt you with her bleed.
    This is true, but only on an Enhanced Bleed node.

I use Omega with 1 point in Coagulate and take zero damage normally on any fight other than Enhanced Bleed.

@Demonzfyre its very hard to replicate unless you record every bleed fight you take, its happened to me very seldom and randomly with Omega and Corvus as well, so i can see how people complaining about this might appear to be missing a node interaction and while that may be true in many instances, i personally can provide worthless anecdotal evidence that this has happened to me, lol.

i can also say i've seen some folks in my alliance show screenshots from this happening in AQ only to forget about a degen node or Starburst.

To everyone else, i'm with you but without hard video proof showing the nodes before the fight this will always be relegated to user error.

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    joke1004 said:

You guys assume I’m stupid, right? Of course I had a point in coagulate. The colossus bleed didn’t deal damage. Had 50 stacks in myself, didn’t die.
    But a few fights before, the bleed node dealt damage to me and I couldn’t get more than 10 death spores even though I was bleeding. That can’t be intended in any way!

Was it by chance an enhanced bleed node, why bypasses a lot of ORs abilities?
  • Options

• Options
    I don’t see how he didn’t get a death field from the bleed on that node, instead took bleed damage ...
  • Options
    joke1004 said:

I don’t see how he didn’t get a death field from the bleed on that node, instead took bleed damage ...

It depends on the time. The bleed only there for 60 seconds.

I would say give a video, I used OR, r5 5* on that node and had a death field for the duration
  • Options
    Spent some energy to test it, and it worked properly here. I will point out there is sometimes a bug where the death field is active, you see the buff, they take damage, but you don’t see the purple glowing aura around the character

• Options
    Yeah it’s the first and only time I had that bug. No idea why
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Gomezlink said:

What? Why would you pointlessly revive an old thread just to put a dot on it?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

bruh
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Aziz5253 said:

Gomezlink said:

What? Why would you pointlessly revive an old thread just to put a dot on it?
    What? Why would you reply and pointlessly keep a revived thread alive?
    But you’re replying because of that and keeping the thread alive! And because of that I’m replying again! You’re keeping the thread alive by shaming those that are keeping the thread alive! You have become the very thing you swore to destroy