**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Buffet Node in AW is Bugged

xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
The node reads defenders gain 15% health when a buff is nullified or expires. Together with recovery 200%.

From my recollection, regeneration is supposed to work on BASE health only. This means the 15% should only be calculated on unmodified health, which is why there is an extra recovery node there to ramp up the regen, else it’ll be very easy to outdamage it.

However, in practice, Buffet is regenerating 15% of modified health, together with recovery, it’s regenerating 45% of the defenders health per buff expiry, making the node harder than intended.

I have no issues clearing it but it would be nice to have someone clarify how it works.

Cheers.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    It is modified health, just like everywhere else
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Lol. I’m sure it’s not. 15% buffet always comes with 200% recovery because it’s base health (hence it needs the recover node boost to compensate for the nodes Champion boost). It’s like node 24 in the old AW map, which did not work in this way.
    Just dug up an old update. It’s base health, “just like everywhere else”.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If the node isn’t operating on base health or current health maybe they could identify it as operating off of max health. Oh wait they do, WAI.

edited August 2019
    Yup. Which is interesting because max health can mean either max modified or max base health (cause there’s always “current health” like Namor’s specials).

If it were modified health, then the node directly counters what the intended change to regeneration was for.

Also, in the previous Alliance War map, node 24 buffet was working off max base health. Given both nodes are the exact same node, was there a silent change or is this a bug?

I’m inclined to think it’s the latter.
    No, the previous AW was off of modified health as well but was a smaller buffet, 5%. Kabam has also commented on buffet/node 24 in the original AW thread, WAI.

No, the previous AW was off of modified health as well but was a smaller buffet, 5%. Kabam has also commented on buffet/node 24 in the original AW thread, WAI.

That’s possible as well. Do you have a link to where Kabam commented about the old node 24?

I’ll go test out the buffet regen in UC when I have the time.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/187427#Comment_187427

Buffet old AW, KP heals for 23,148 HP of modified health (161,000). If that was base health it would’ve been a ~100% heal.

Source video@ 57s
    https://youtu.be/mEDtc_U4kpc
    My bad. I’ve always not needed to deal with it too much with Void. Was pretty surprised about the 45% heal when I backed up my ally mate last war but didn’t know they adjusted the buffet amount from 5% to 15%.
    Yeah. Now it just takes one accidental swipe back and bam, back to full life. lol