**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 5 100% Struggles

So I'm working on 100% Act 5 and have completed the first 3 quests in chapter 4, 4 quests in chapter 2, and chapter 1 is already 100%. But now it feels like I'm stuck and just have to wait forever and save up a lot of potions and units ( I am not a very skilled player). The main champs i use are 4/55 sparky and domino, along with 6 star dormammu and 5/50 gwenpool/Luke cage/CM movie. Am I struggling more than I should be or is this normal? It also feels like I'm not really getting better at the game so I'm not entirely sure what to do. I've watched tons of videos on Act 5 already, but I simply don't have that much skill to do it as easily as most do. Any tips would help, or maybe I just need to be patient and focus on something else?

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Practice practice practice. There are always certain aspects of the game you'll need work on, be it parrying consistently (consistently being the word here), knowing which champs counter which and node interactions, proper baiting techniques, evading specials etc etc.

Nothing beats experience and if you feel that you're still lacking in skill, run the paths a few rounds with your spare energy and you'll get the hang of it.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    You have reached what I call a progression plateau where you're basically stuck because your skill + roster has reached their highest potential for now. Two things you should do, continue building your roster and developing your skill. Join an active alliance that does Map 5 x 5 to get the most optimum weekly rewards from AQ, and also does Gold 2 in AW to get solid rewards without using up all your glory for revives and potions.

Everyone in the game except the most high level end game players hit a progression plateau. You need to remember this game is not a sprint but a marathon. Got to maintain your patience. In the three years I've been playing this game I've hit at least a dozen progression plateaus but I eventually get over them sooner or later. If you play this game right you should be progressing fairly well and if you spend some money you can progress a little faster depending on how much you spend.

Be patient and focus on the quests you can complete. Have you already been able to do 100% exploration the monthly uncollected event? If not, make that your top priority. When you reach end game content, you will need T5B catalyst to R5 a 5* or R2 a 6*. Even where I'm at, I have to wait 3-4 months to get one fully formed T5B. So begin collecing as much as you can now so when you hit that progression plateua where you'll be definitely needing your first R5 5*, you're not gonna wait months to rank up your top 5*.

Also, just keep on trying to give the content your having difficulty a shot. Enough practice you will eventually get it. My biggest progression plateau after becoming Uncollected was Act 5 Ultron. I just couldn't beat it. So I spent the next 3 months duel praticing using a 3* og Thor against an R5 5* Ultron opponent. It was a huge struggle in the first several weeks but eventually I could almost beat the duel Ultron without breaking a sweat. Then I tried the final boss Ultron again in Act 5 and was able to beat him with less than 5 revives using my R5 4* og Thor. (I'm sure with my roster now I could probably one shot him with my R5 5* Hyperion or R5 5* Void or R5 5* Aegon...)

So don't fret. You'll beat every content sooner or later, even LOL. You just have to keep focused.
  • Options
    DadOfThanosDadOfThanos Posts: 37
    raffster said:

You have reached what I call a progression plateau where you're basically stuck because your skill + roster has reached their highest potential for now. Two things you should do, continue building your roster and developing your skill. Join an active alliance that does Map 5 x 5 to get the most optimum weekly rewards from AQ, and also does Gold 2 in AW to get solid rewards without using up all your glory for revives and potions.

Everyone in the game except the most high level end game players hit a progression plateau. You need to remember this game is not a sprint but a marathon. Got to maintain your patience. In the three years I've been playing this game I've hit at least a dozen progression plateaus but I eventually get over them sooner or later. If you play this game right you should be progressing fairly well and if you spend some money you can progress a little faster depending on how much you spend.

Be patient and focus on the quests you can complete. Have you already been able to do 100% exploration the monthly uncollected event? If not, make that your top priority. When you reach end game content, you will need T5B catalyst to R5 a 5* or R2 a 6*. Even where I'm at, I have to wait 3-4 months to get one fully formed T5B. So begin collecing as much as you can now so when you hit that progression plateua where you'll be definitely needing your first R5 5*, you're not gonna wait months to rank up your top 5*.

Also, just keep on trying to give the content your having difficulty a shot. Enough practice you will eventually get it. My biggest progression plateau after becoming Uncollected was Act 5 Ultron. I just couldn't beat it. So I spent the next 3 months duel praticing using a 3* og Thor against an R5 5* Ultron opponent. It was a huge struggle in the first several weeks but eventually I could almost beat the duel Ultron without breaking a sweat. Then I tried the final boss Ultron again in Act 5 and was able to beat him with less than 5 revives using my R5 4* og Thor. (I'm sure with my roster now I could probably one shot him with my R5 5* Hyperion or R5 5* Void or R5 5* Aegon...)

So don't fret. You'll beat every content sooner or later, even LOL. You just have to keep focused.

Thank you so much for your response this has given me a new mindest for the game, I was able to 100% Uncollected last month for the first time and now just have the Sunspot and Warlock quest to 100%, that will now be my number 1 priority. I am free to play but I feel like I will eventually spend a little money on the game because I enjoy it so much. Thank you again for this insightful response!