**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you think the eventful eras will be good. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about go to inbox)

Do you think the eventful eras will be good. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about go to inbox) 106 votes

It looks really good with great rewards
13%
Apocalypse189Duke_SilverIDogeKillerRino19XxLoganTDCxXFhfjghhggggjfhfjgWoody15HedronXdSpoodermanxDGinjabredMonstaGiodood_1RithikNightbat214SuperiorVenom 14 votes
It looks like it will the most trash thing MCOC history
0%
Fugitive21 1 vote
It looks ok
16%
Ram_SarkarSundance_2099arsjumSavio444MasterduxMad_Titan_21Charlie_SceneLordRaymond3Denzel116Willa08HfchangEvisceratorGonçaloFreeToPlay_21Justin2524ralph2008_gfduncan 17 votes
It looks good but don’t know about the rewards
62%
winterthurVdh2008RagamugginGunnerSnakeEyes69DrZolaTimone147FeuerschwerCrkwestabiew78GAM3RGUYTerraBadabibidonLvernon15NoıreBROSEFSTALINStingerbkMrTicTac19992008ThesurvivlistArkhamButcherRepto23 66 votes
It looks mediocre to borderline terrible.
7%
Jmd82spidey31415926TimrosTommy_AlexisEtjamaMr_MAlexAvalonCrunch 8 votes

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

• Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    It's a very interesting idea for an event... I have a feeling I'm at least going to enjoy the event for the sake of the event itself. #LoreMattersToo
    Can someone do a quick rundown for those who don't read the comics (yeah. I haven't read any of the comics)? What are these 'eras' of the Marvel Comics? Key things I'd want to know is:
    - What separates the different eras of the comics?
    - Key characters in each era (specifically ones that are in MCOC, but if you want to name some others that's fine too)
    - (optional) speculation on champs you think will be in each era's crystal?
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Looks like a nice change of pace and a fresh idea, at the very least. Hard to say for sure until the event starts but I'm looking forward to them overall.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    It's interesting, it sounds fun, it's got solo events, overall I'm looking forward to it
  • RDQMRDQM Posts: 19
    edited August 2019
    I’m excited yet anxious on the upcoming events.
    To look back to the golden age of comics one would expect that either there will be new characters coming from the different ages or there will be alternate costumes of existing ones. The former is unlikely as Kabam has never added heroes aside from the two featured for the month. But if ever they do (Golden Age Crystals), I fear it will be milking of the whales all over again.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Always hopeful, but it totally depends on the effort to reward ratio.

It does make my Spidey sense tingle when I see phrases like “rare chance” and “can be purchased.” Veterans know this can be code for “the good stuff will require spend and/or a 24/7 game commitment.”

Still, got to be optimistic. The team is trying.

Dr. Zola
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Are there gonna be any new characters introduced to represent these eras?

We already got Namor recently. Seems like he woulda been perfect to introduce during this event, being one of Marvel's oldest characters.
    The forum announcements for X-Machina and Sinister labs came in the first few days of August, so I'd expect the same for these new ones in early Sept.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    I hope that month will end 6months or so chain of dissapointments
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    For now what it looks like is convoluted. But I think I'm going to like those arenas, a lot :)
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    edited August 2019
    It looks like it will the most trash thing MCOC history
    WHOOOHOOOOO more character gates! UGH!
  • MasterChief1176MasterChief1176 Posts: 213
    I hope it's good
    So what new Spiderman will they be adding? :D
  • Nightbat214Nightbat214 Posts: 24
    It looks really good with great rewards
    I feel like it's going to be fun just to be able to relive all my childhood memories of reading marvel comics
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    By the way, the new champs are vision aarkus and black widow clair voyant
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Wubbie075 said:

Are there gonna be any new characters introduced to represent these eras?

We already got Namor recently. Seems like he woulda been perfect to introduce during this event, being one of Marvel's oldest characters.

Him and the android version of human torch came out in marvels very first comic by the way. Their might be something for those two, I am not sure.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It's been a while since a really good side quest. Labs are a slog and most of the other recent quests are just RNG disasters. I don't see how we can give them the benefit of the doubt for next month.