**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

TIME OUT

Yesterday I fought Map3 Thanos boss with my Omega red. I started my fight with full health Omega. But I got time out when Thanos left with 1% hp (omega still around full health). Then I started again & saw that my omega is half health, thanos was with 1%. a couple of month before I was fighting starky min with my full health hype, I got time out, in next attempt saw that starky got full health even he was about 25% left & my hype got half health even he was around full health last time when i got time out. did not understand why two different things happened???!!!

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Yesterday I fought Map3 Thanos boss with my Omega red. I started my fight with full health Omega. But I got time out when Thanos left with 1% hp (omega still around full health). Then I started again & saw that my omega is half health, thanos was with 1%. a couple of month before I was fighting starky min with my full health hype, I got time out, in next attempt saw that starky got full health even he was about 25% left & my hype got half health even he was around full health last time when i got time out. did not understand why two different things happened???!!!

In one case the game registered your time out as a game disconnect from the server, either you force closed or your connection was poor.
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    @Lormif which case you are talking about? btw there was no connection problem nor i closed the game...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

@Lormif which case you are talking about? btw there was no connection problem nor i closed the game...

The one in which the champ was at full and you were at half health was one that registered as a network timeout by the game.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Well your 1st example with thanos seems like a normal timeout reaction. The fight ends and thanos remains at the health he was and you get a -50% remaining health penalty.

The 2nd event sounds more like a disconnection or a crash. Ultimately the game thinks you entered the fight, paused the game, then the fight timed out.
    so if i pause a fight in between then i get double penalty (my -50% health & defender back in full health)?

so if i pause a fight in between then i get double penalty (my -50% health & defender back in full health)?

No. Not unless you have a bad connection.

In the case of a disconnect, all the game knows is that you started the fight. During the actual fight, there are very few server interactions with the game client.

So to put it really simply:

1. you click start fight
    2. game client notifies the server you started the fight
    3. you fight your opponent
    4. the game client sends the results of the fight to the server
    5. the server executes the results of that fight back to the game client

So if you disconnect on step 3, all the server thinks you did is enter the fight. The server has no fight data, so everything you did in that fight is like it never happened. But since step 2 happened, the server knows you started the fight and thus applies the timeout penalty of -50% remaining health after the timer is up.
    Shrimkins said:

No. Not unless you have a bad connection.

In the case of a disconnect, all the game knows is that you started the fight. During the actual fight, there are very few server interactions with the game client.

So to put it really simply:

1. you click start fight
    2. game client notifies the server you started the fight
    3. you fight your opponent
    4. the game client sends the results of the fight to the server
    5. the server executes the results of that fight back to the game client

So if you disconnect on step 3, all the server thinks you did is enter the fight. The server has no fight data, so everything you did in that fight is like it never happened. But since step 2 happened, the server knows you started the fight and thus applies the timeout penalty of -50% remaining health after the timer is up.
    so, if it gets a connection problem, the server know only that i started fight & the enemy health before my fight. so i get penalty but as they dont know about the defender health, they keep him with full health... is it right????
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Probably not "right," but it is implemented to prevent cheating.

gforcefan said:

Probably not "right," but it is implemented to prevent cheating.

"cheating" is a stretch. "gaming the system" is knowing using lvl 4 health potions is less expensive than using revives PLUS lvl 4 health potions. If you're about to die but want your damage to stick, pause until 1 tick left, unpause and dash back (cause the ai will attempt a last second attack), take the L, potion up, repeat.

not recommended for AW, unless your attack bonus is shot anyway, then go HAM.
    way back in the day there use to be no time out penalty so people would just force close the app to "restart" fights in AQ when things didn't go well.

That's the kind of cheating the system tries to combat.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★