**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5 Star Dr Strange worth mystic Awakening Gem

Hi Guys ,

Tried my luck on Featured crystal and got Dr Strange .
I have a mystic Awakening Gem .Is it still worthy to use Awaken on Dr Strange or should I keep on waiting for Magik,Symbiote or maybe new champs released later.

Thoughts please

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    AVOskipit said:

Hi Guys ,

Tried my luck on Featured crystal and got Dr Strange .
    I have a mystic Awakening Gem .Is it still worthy to use Awaken on Dr Strange or should I keep on waiting for Magik,Symbiote or maybe new champs released later.

Thoughts please

I would save it. He's pretty weak and I'm not a big fan of his compared to mystic champs with stagger passives. If you plan on maxing MD, taking him to 5-65, and have the stones to take him to sig 200, and you love you some Strange, go for it. Otherwise, I'd wait for someone else.
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Most of my mystics are duped so when I pulled Dr. Strange I used a mystic awakening gem and a 2015 R4 gem then took him to Max sig. I have honestly enjoyed using him again, his counter spell is great but his damage output is really weak compared to Sym Supreme. He would be a really good champ if his damage was improved.
    I'd say unless you really like him and could take him to a really high sig you are better off saving it. Sym Supreme is a much better mystic than Strange right now but he uses stagger instead of counter spell. The damage difference between the two is huge. Maybe they'll buff strange some day but if you are still growing your account I'd save the gem. Good luck.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's up to you. You could save it. In terms of rarity, that would be a reason in my books.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Definitely Not unless he is getting a buff or something or if u have awakened symbiote supreme, doctor voodoo, magik ,ghost rider , Guilotine, morningstar, potentialy new Black widow,Diablo(yeh tht guy is better then DS) jane foster
    in that case yeh he is worth awakening gem over ironfist,juggernaut,Ebony maw
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    There is no point in wasting an insanely rare resource on a meh champ. No matter how “rare” the meh champ is.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Voodoo. I really love him. Life saver on aq and monthly quest. Wait for him (or ghost rider or magik) dr. Strange isnt worth
  • Options

There is no point in wasting an insanely rare resource on a meh champ. No matter how “rare” the meh champ is.

Curious. Would you use one on Punisher? I would.
  • Options
    WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★

Debatable depending on the circumstance. If I had an unduped Nick Fury and an unduped Punisher, I know which one I’d use it on.
  • Options

Debatable depending on the circumstance. If I had an unduped Nick Fury and an unduped Punisher, I know which one I’d use it on.
    That's fair. For me, there are usually 3 things I look at. How much they benefit, how rare they are, and what I want. If I don't think my chances of pulling them again are high, then I'll consider it more.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

No? I have a Heimdall for that
  • Options

No? I have a Heimdall for that
    Interesting. I would in a heartbeat. Used a Gem on my 4*. The chances of pulling another are slim.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Nah, strange is garbage