**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Auto-fight is ruining this game

Can't count how often my champs start acting out, dashing forward or back, all on their own. Sometimes the autofight button actually lights up and activates but most of the time, its a temporary AI takeover.

I never use auto-fight and despise its very existence, but hey, cater to the lazy! I suppose guys like me who actually play, (AND pay, incidentally), will have to put up with your insistence on a feature that sucks and is ruining the game, for at least some.

Comments

• BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    Um, yes it is, and no it doesn't.

Your deadpool argument is in essence, a cheese, glad it worked for you.

Not accidentally hitting the autofight, bud, (and Kabam knows full well this is a known issue), but thanks for trying!

Here's an idea: how about a 'setting' option that removes the button (and the possibility of it activating).
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I never use auto fight also never had a problem with it automatically turning on though my champ does random actions (usually sit there instead of evade when I swipe back) every once in a while
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Auto fight is awesome for easy fights that you don't want to pay attention to and you are watching a movie or reading a book or something else that you want to some rewards, but you don't wanna be invested in taking down a r2 3* while trying to do something else
  • ShonJShonJ Posts: 6
    There has been numerous times we accidentally press auto fight button in the middle of a fight while attempting to evade and we lose our champ. If you run an analytics of this scenario, your data will show you the same as well. It will be a really great help if you show the button before the game starts only and if it was turned on before the fight started, show it during fight as well, incase someone wants to take manual control. However if it was off before starting of the fight, no need to show the button while fighting, if required move it inside the pause menu. @Kabam Miike if this is a minor change, it will be a life saver for many, if you can get this prioritised in an upcoming release. Looking forward to a positive reply from moderators.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I never use it and have never had issues, also it’s very useful to use in low lv content, makes it easier to just do a run through in heroic or something whilst you do something else
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    Keep auto fight
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Just saw this post. It would have saved me time creating a same one if have seen it before.
    ShonJ said:

There has been numerous times we accidentally press auto fight button in the middle of a fight while attempting to evade and we lose our champ. If you run an analytics of this scenario, your data will show you the same as well. It will be a really great help if you show the button before the game starts only and if it was turned on before the fight started, show it during fight as well, incase someone wants to take manual control. However if it was off before starting of the fight, no need to show the button while fighting, if required move it inside the pause menu. @Kabam Miike if this is a minor change, it will be a life saver for many, if you can get this prioritised in an upcoming release. Looking forward to a positive reply from moderators.

Totally aggree
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    No, it’s not ruined a thing. All it does is help. I personally have never accidentally pressed it while fighting (not sure how you do that btw) or have it magically turn on whilst I’m fighting (Kabam doesn’t back your device and turn it on mid fight).Its been in the game long enough now that it shouldn’t even be a topic.
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    I never had an issue with accidentally hitting it myself, then again I also have no problems with it using it on easy and medium boards that takes up too much of my free time. It has its benefits from constantly investing directed hours upon hours in this game especially after grinding in arenas.
  • ShonJShonJ Posts: 6
    Please don’t get me wrong guys. I am not asking to remove the feature, it is certainly helpful, but there is no reason for button to be in the middle of the screen during a fight, move it inside pause menu or show it if you turned it on before the fight. There should be some user level preference settings to show it during the fight or not, so that whoever wants to see it during fight can see it. This might not be a problem for some of you guys and it doesn’t mean there is no problem at all. There are many people who are facing this and everyone have different fighting styles and different size of screens. This is certainly a problem on iPhone 7 size screens and whoever is using right hand to evade and dash, auto play button turns on in between during an attempt to evade. All I am asking here to the UX designer of the game is, if a button which has no frequent use in the middle of the fight, (like a Spl attack button or even a pause button ) what is the need for it to be on the fight screen, we hardly use it during a fight. Show it only in the start fight screen or in pause menu. Is this an intentional design to trip the user in between forcing them to waste their resources. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos moderators we really appreciate if you guys can discuss with your UI/ UX design team and find a resolution for this.
  • NikoviNikovi Posts: 113
    Please move the autofight button to inside the pause menu!
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    edited December 2019
    It could be moved to the pause menu, maybe.
    But I've never had any issue with it switching on accidentally. Don't see the problem, unless some are experiencing a bug where that happens, then that needs to be addressed.

But I for one actually find it convenient where it is now. It's quick and easy to switch back to manual mode without having to pause the game. When using auto-fight while doing something else I sometimes glance over and want to speed up a fight and temporarily take control. That can be done seamlessly with the button where it is now.
    I wouldn't want it to change.
  • AngrySevenAngrySeven Posts: 10
    edited December 2019
    unless you have thanos thumb or using brussel sprouts as your device i really can't see how someone can accidentally activate auto fight. idk
  • lozzadudelozzadude Posts: 164
    Auto fight is great. However it would be nice if it was smarter. I'll annoying to see my 5* R5 just standing there doing nothing against a weak opponent. After receiving 10+ hits it wakes up & starts attacking. This just wastes time. It's like the AI is based on a movie where the hero has to get his ass kicked before he gets the upper hand.
    lozzadude said:

Auto fight is great. However it would be nice if it was smarter. I'll annoying to see my 5* R5 just standing there doing nothing against a weak opponent. After receiving 10+ hits it wakes up & starts attacking. This just wastes time. It's like the AI is based on a movie where the hero has to get his ass kicked before he gets the upper hand.

I agree! That is exactly the reason I sometimes quickly jump in to speed up a fight, and then switch auto-fight back on again. I like the button just fine where it is now.
    The best to solve this "issue" might be to give the option in game settings to remove the button for those with Thanos's thumbs. That way they can just go back to settings and reactivate it when they realize they miss the button. :wink:
    BNOJams said:

Can't count how often my champs start acting out, dashing forward or back, all on their own. Sometimes the autofight button actually lights up and activates but most of the time, its a temporary AI takeover.

I never use auto-fight and despise its very existence, but hey, cater to the lazy! I suppose guys like me who actually play, (AND pay, incidentally), will have to put up with your insistence on a feature that sucks and is ruining the game,
    for at least some

I think that quote is important here! Only some players see this as a problem. Many do not, and like the autofight-button just where it is.
    So, giving the option in game settings to deactivate the auto fight option for those who want to would be better than moving the button to the pause menu. I find it convenient to have the button where it is, makes it easy to seamlessly switch it on and off during fight, without having to pause.