**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Thing ruined the game for me.

ragnarok_947ragnarok_947 Posts: 817 ★★★★
It’s been nearly a year since I’ve started playing this game. Few weeks back, I was stuck at 5.2.4 with no hope to reach the collector. I had few maxed out 4 stars and couple r3 5 stars. And then something game changing happened....I got a 5 star Thing! I learned about his play style with the cosmic team synergy and immediately took him up to rank 3. I decided to use him as a trump card to become uncollected and just as I expected, he tore through the quests like butter. Defeated the collector without using a single revive!

He is at rank 4 now. And the problem is I tend to use him in every single quest. Had my initial run at this month’s uncollected eq without breaking a sweat. He is so good that I have lost interest in the rest of my roster. No new champion pulls excite me anymore. Should I have a fresh start? I can’t even sell him since he is 5 star and I won’t be able to stop playing with him as long as he is in my roster. What should I do?
(sorry for the long post.)

Comments

• Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    edited August 2019

Everybody: Happy, after pulling a champ that carries them through content.

OP: I don't like Thing cuz he's carrying me through content.

PS: Don't take my comment too personal, wasn't intended to be offensive. xD

I understand. But it’s not like I hate him for being too good. It just feels wrong. When I found out, what he could do, I was bat-sh*t happy. I always wanted to become Uncollected but never thought of doing it with a single champion. It was my dream few months ago, but when I’ve achieved it, it doesn’t feel earned at all. Feels like I cheated or something.
    Yes, as I said, don't take my comment too serious, I see what you mean. ;-)
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    gp87 said:

When you go to endgame content you will see that you will need a stack up roster.

Saying stacked roster do you mean ghost and wasp, hood, antman for synergies?
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    If it makes you feel any better, Act 5 CB boss will put a stop to that mindset on Thing
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

. It just feels wrong.

This is the wrong mentality .. you have to realize Kabam is primarily focused on THEIR bottom line .. ie making money (like any successful business should) ... you shouldn't feel bad about not having to fork over tons of money to them to progress ...

Get as much use out of him as you possibly can ... before they nerf him or introduce ridiculous nodes to counter him ..

Thing is a result of something called "power creep" ... each iteration of champion needs to make money ... in order to entice people to be interested in buying each new champ, each new champ has to be better (at least in some way) than previous champs ...

repeat this over a long period .. and you see something called power creep ... compare most recently released champs to some of the original (non-buffed) champs .. and you can clearly see it .

Don't be ashamed for finally being a lucky one to get a powerful, useful champ ...

Use it!
    Abuse it!
    Flaunt it!

(PS I hate you :( )
  • age_of_andycapage_of_andycap Posts: 95
    To the OP... i'm pretty sure its possible to just NOT use him for content and try someone else??? Go clear Act 5 or 6 with just Hulkbuster if you want a challenge. This post is just silly and i can't believe people actually complain that champs are too good or it sucks because your amazing with them.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Thing... Better than spider man classic... Sick
  • TankRichardsonTankRichardson Posts: 87
    I'd be interested to see you fight the collector with no revives using the Thing. If you're that talented using him it may be worth videoing to show others the skills.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Might I suggest just using other champs? ☻
    This reminds me of Youtubers who state Ghost is too OP and needs to be nerfed... yet they continue to use Ghost in every single video to clear content.

If you pull a good champ, I say have no shame and enjoy them! 👌
  • jsjsjs13jsjsjs13 Posts: 32
    What you wrote is almost my story of last week. R4 5star Thing with the known synergy took all of 5.3 and 5.4, only last quest is left. But I feel totally fine with it!!!
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    You'll get bored of him and want to play with your newer toys like everyone else
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Quake makes me feel bad sometimes lol. I purposely skip using her a lot to make sure I'm still on top of my game.
  • KwizachKwizach Posts: 18

Lvernon15 said:

One you get to later act 5 act 6 and variant you will realise thing can’t do all of that

gp87 said:

When you go to endgame content you will see that you will need a stack up roster.

I am talking about my ‘current’ progression point and roster. I don’t expect Thing to solo the 6.2 Champion boss 😂
    Thing can solo champ boss though. Haha
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Everybody: Happy, after pulling a champ that carries them through content.

OP: I don't like Thing cuz he's carrying me through content.

PS: Don't take my comment too personal, wasn't intended to be offensive. xD

I understand. But it’s not like I hate him for being too good. It just feels wrong. When I found out, what he could do, I was bat-sh*t happy. I always wanted to become Uncollected but never thought of doing it with a single champion. It was my dream few months ago, but when I’ve achieved it, it doesn’t feel earned at all. Feels like I cheated or something.
    Yeah I can understand how you feel. I pulled a 5-star domino. She's at Rank 4 now. And sure I'm happy, but yeah when was the last time I used my Gwenpool in questing? It's amazing to see her do so much damage and stuff, but yeah when it makes you stop using other champs, the game definitely does get a fair bit more boring.
  • TeeNahNTeeNahN Posts: 28
    OP is clearly a newbie and hasn’t done Chapter 6 or Variants yet. Wish your Thing luck in end game contents lol.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    TeeNahN said:

OP is clearly a newbie and hasn’t done Chapter 6 or Variants yet. Wish your Thing luck in end game contents lol.

all he's saying is that Thing being so awesome is nice, but it means he's only playing with a select few characters, and that's making the game a bit boring. He's not saying that Thing is bad in any way.
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    edited August 2019
    Lvernon15 said:

One you get to later act 5 act 6 and variant you will realise thing can’t do all of that

gp87 said:

I am talking about my ‘current’ progression point and roster. I don’t expect Thing to solo the 6.2 Champion boss 😂

Thing can solo champ boss though. Haha

No he can’t. If you’re talking about the final 10% yeah he can gain prowess by evading against the wall and tank a lot of damage with his protection but he can’t solo the fight. Not a viable option for the fight.
  • AhongAhong Posts: 21
    edited August 2019
    Why value so high about hero that depend much to synergies, without that he is just middle champ dont over value please. He is not that great.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Wait till you get the “cheats codes” ghost and Corvus
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    "Defeated the collector without using a single revive" --- Dont buy it! Good one, tho!