**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Crit resistance and guaranteed crits

Why do Ghost's guaranteed crits not proc with Crit resists,such as Emma frost or sinister lab nodes? I can understand the glancing mechanic, but not this. If it's a bug, shouldn't it be easy to fix, since it's probably just stat based?

Comments

• Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    I have been noticing the same thing especially in sinister labs and it is extremely annoying. Guaranteed crits should ignore crit resistance.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    She’s still affected by resistance buffs and abilities like all other champs, you need something like true strike to bypass it
    edited August 2019
    Uppercut said:

She’s still affected by resistance buffs and abilities like all other champs, you need something like true strike to bypass it

If her abilities stated that she has a 100% chance to crit while a passive precision is active, I would say you are correct. However, it says she has guaranteed crits which is different. Guaranteed means as there is a chance it to happen, then it will happen. The only thing that should be able to override this is if an attack cannot be critical (glanced attacks for example or if they were to introduce crit IMMUNITY-not just resistance).
    Uppercut said:

If her abilities stated that she had a 100% chance to crit while a precision passive is active, then I would agree. However, her abilities clearly state she has guaranteed crits while the precision passive is active, which is distinct from a 100% chance. Guaranteed means that if there is a chance to crit, then it will happen. The only thing that should override this is if the hit cannot be critical (for example, if the hit glances or if they introduce crit IMMUNITY-not just resistance).
  • ZebartinZebartin Posts: 32

Uppercut said:

If her abilities stated that she had a 100% chance to crit while a precision passive is active, then I would agree. However, her abilities clearly state she has guaranteed crits while the precision passive is active, which is distinct from a 100% chance. Guaranteed means that if there is a chance to crit, then it will happen. The only thing that should override this is if the hit cannot be critical (for example, if the hit glances or if they introduce crit IMMUNITY-not just resistance).
    Not sure about if what I am saying is relevant, but I know Corvus would always crit with crit resistance.
    Corvus's ablities also state that he has guaranteed crits, but besides he also has True Strike (or something like that).
    Maybe that's why Corvus always crit while ghost doesnt? I am also confused with this node.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    The crit reduce node is interesting, isn't it?

Corvus works just fine against critical resistance. I've also checked Wasp, and her guaranteed crits after charging heavy are also completely reliable. Has anyone tried Electra?

Given that Corvus and Wasp work normally, it's interesting that Ghost isn't reliable against crit resistance. Having played a couple of matches today vs 90% critical resistance nodes using Ghost, her Precision passives don't seem to generate crits; but are nevertheless consumed. Oddly, her Specials are partially effective - if you phase and attack immediately, your first hit does seem to be a reliable crit, whilst the follow-up hits aren't.

I tested it out with Crossbones, just out of curiosity. He (obviously) doesn't crit, but he procs the regular number of Furies. So (a) Crossbones works just fine on this node, and (b) however it's coded, this node clearly shuts down Crits after they happen; rather than stopping then happening at all.

Probably, I'd prefer that there was consistency; and personally I think this should actually work on all critical hits; guaranteed or otherwise; but I doubt it's a priority to be 'fixed'. Any thoughts from the moderators?
    Bumping this. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit I haven’t seen this bug acknowledged yet