Options

Anyone still grinding for featured champs?

R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
With the latest news I was just curious how everyone felt about grinding massive points for a 4* featured. Feel its a lost cause or still find them useful? I plan to just grind for 5* shards at this point.

Comments

• Options
    MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    Nah waste of time
  • Options
    No point of grinding for 4*'s feature
  • Options
    ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Yes. As far as current content goes, 4*s still have some use. Duping grants 5* shards towards gaining higher tier champs.
    However, ranking the 4*s beyond 3/30 may take a backseat in favor of saving enough cats for 5/6*s.
    I truly believe Act 5/3 will require high ranked 5/6*s as Act 5/2/6, though doable with 4*s, was still a pain even with most of my team with R3 and R4 5*s.
  • Options
    Yes. As far as current content goes, 4*s still have some use. Duping grants 5* shards towards gaining higher tier champs.
    However, ranking the 4*s beyond 3/30 may take a backseat in favor of saving enough cats for 5/6*s.
    I truly believe Act 5/3 will require high ranked 5/6*s as Act 5/2/6, though doable with 4*s, was still a pain even with most of my team with R3 and R4 5*s.
    I get what your saying, makes sense. But Im not talking about 4* champs in general, which we need for duping to get 5* shards. Just mainly the 4* featured being worth the insane points, which is a tough dupe for a while
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★
    Wow. Okay. Feel free to wait for Champs that won't be mainstream for months. It'll increase my count. Lol. Sorry to break it to you, but it will be a long time before people have enough 6*'s so they won't need 4*'s.
  • Options
    Wow. Okay. Feel free to wait for Champs that won't be mainstream for months. It'll increase my count. Lol. Sorry to break it to you, but it will be a long time before people have enough 6*'s so they won't need 4*'s.
    Not even close to the point. Its not if people are giving up on 4*s. Just if they feel the desire to hammer out the grind for the new featured
  • Options
    ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    R4GE wrote: »
    I get what your saying, makes sense. But Im not talking about 4* champs in general, which we need for duping to get 5* shards. Just mainly the 4* featured being worth the insane points, which is a tough dupe for a while

I do hope that 5* arenas will be a thing in the upcoming update along with the cat arenas getting an upgrade. If this is part of their content, then the 4* arena cutoffs will drop dramatically and will be a good thing for new accounts.
  • Options

I do hope that 5* arenas will be a thing in the upcoming update along with the cat arenas getting an upgrade. If this is part of their content, then the 4* arena cutoffs will drop dramatically and will be a good thing for new accounts.
    Completely agree. Very curious about the 5* arenas
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★
    Not even close to the point. Its not if people are giving up on 4*s. Just if they feel the desire to hammer out the grind for the new featured

They're not obsolete. Whenever they introduce a new Star Level, it doesn't exactly phase out the previous two. If they introduce a 5* Arena, you will most likely need 4*'s. Same with Basic or Featured. 4*'s are still useful for content, and you won't find the same range in 5* and 6* for a while. Also, 6*'s won't be playable for a while and they will be quite exclusive. Not enough to make 4*'s obsolete. Finally, 4*'s give 5*'s, and 5*'s give 6*'s. Just pointing out that nothing is wasted effort in the game.
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    No point since 6* are coming out
  • Options

They're not obsolete. Whenever they introduce a new Star Level, it doesn't exactly phase out the previous two. If they introduce a 5* Arena, you will most likely need 4*'s. Same with Basic or Featured. 4*'s are still useful for content, and you won't find the same range in 5* and 6* for a while. Also, 6*'s won't be playable for a while and they will be quite exclusive. Not enough to make 4*'s obsolete. Finally, 4*'s give 5*'s, and 5*'s give 6*'s. Just pointing out that nothing is wasted effort in the game.

I agree. I have always grinded arenas to build my roster and will continue. But grinding out 17 mil for the new featured seems a wasted effort now
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    It's weird grind over 40 mil for a "3"* featured.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The 6* announcement placed an expiration date on the usefulness of 4*'s so it doesn't make sense to put more then just 3m - 5m out for a featured one anymore