**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cull Obsidian working as intended?

Question, I would as lucky enough to pull a 6 star Cull Obsidian and I am planning to take him to R2 (even unduped, I enjoy playing him so far) but today I was watching several youtubers and some people said that his damage output it too high right now and he will be “fixed” soon. So since this bad boy is going to take 3 of the coveted T5B I want to make sure before I pull the trigger. I want all available information before I make a rank up of this caliber. Don’t need another she-hulk issue.

So, is Cull Obsidian working as intended at of September 2nd, 2019

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    That’s old news, he was fixed. The current version works
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I've got a duped 5 star at R4 and my understanding is he's working properly but I rarely use him and not really planning on taking him to R5 anytime soon. He's been buggy ever since release but thought he was completely fixed. He's meant to do large damage.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Old news really?
    It was just posted last week.....

Any other opinions?

I haven't seen any posts about it recently...
    anyway it happened a couple of months ago iirc... he's fixed now so it's pretty safe for you to invest resources into him if you want to. He's a very good champion.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    he is a great champion, not for AW though
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    He is fixed back to his original state (as he was when he was released). First couple fights are a bit painful but when you ramp him up and line up armor breaks and rout he is probably the highest damage dealer in the game currently. I m debating for a few weeks now who to r5 between him and hyperion (running suicides tho) and can't really decide :p
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Do it. Unawakened 6-star r2 Cull would be amazing.
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

Question, I would as lucky enough to pull a 6 star Cull Obsidian and I am planning to take him to R2 (even unduped, I enjoy playing him so far) but today I was watching several youtubers and some people said that his damage output it too high right now and he will be “fixed” soon. So since this bad boy is going to take 3 of the coveted T5B I want to make sure before I pull the trigger. I want all available information before I make a rank up of this caliber. Don’t need another she-hulk issue.

So, is Cull Obsidian working as intended at of September 2nd, 2019

I get what you are doing. As so many others have done as well because of She Hulk. And now its just annoying. No one in the youtube community is making videos on Cull questioning if hes working right or not. His damage was bugged a few months ago but he's back to how he is supposed to be. Turn off the Proff Hoff videos. Its no good for you.
    I get what you are doing. As so many others have done because of She Hulk. And now it makes sense. No one in the YouTube community was making videos of She Hulk questioning if she was working or not and yet she was changed. It’s a good idea to seek clarification for end game rank ups. Don’t listen to people who tell you not to ask for advice or clarification. He had a bug fix already so I think he’s probably pretty safe. Have a good one OP
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

he is a great champion, not for AW though

I use him for AW all the time, he's perfect blast through enemies especially the ones on all of nothing. Mine is R5 184 sig.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t rank him up until after 3 months that’s if he’s on there list lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,973 ★★★★★

He's been out for longer than 3 months and is already in the basic pool.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I hate to break it to you EVERYTHING is "working as intended" :D
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

Well then I guess it’s all good, but then again you never know with kabam

Actually you do know. Historically, they actually haven't changed champs without lots of notification. AA, Drax and now She Hulk are the ones anyone ever brings up. So the "you never know with Kabam" argument doesn't hold much water.

Actually you do know. Historically, they actually haven't changed champs without lots of notification. AA, Drax and now She Hulk are the ones anyone ever brings up. So the "you never know with Kabam" argument doesn't hold much water.
    Convo over

That's what I figured.
    Vdh2008 said:

Says, "Historically, they actually haven't changed champs without lots of notification", then proceeds to give multiple examples of the game team changing champs without much notification... I don't get the point.

OP, rank up who you love to play with, but never get too attached to "great" champs. We see re-balancing done on occasion via direct changes to champs that have "bugs" and through the release of new champs that act as direct counters to your current "god tier".
    3 examples in almost 5 years and 2 of them happened at the same time. Then you have the surprise buff to Gamora they didn't tell anyone about but you cant bring that up because it would hinder your argument.

I wouldn't call 3 champions over the course of almost 5 years a pattern by any means. Have a "history" would mean being consistant with frequency which isn't the case here.

Convo over

That's what I figured.
    I said that not because you’re right but because I don’t wanna go back and forth with you, so like I said convo over I will no longer respond to you bye have a good day
    Oh I know what you meant. There really isn't much to back and forth on. You played your only card to play and it would have just been a broken record after that. Then the "Kabam employee" and "you always stand up for them" comments get tossed in when you can't come up with anything else. Trust me I get it. I wouldn't wanna argue your side either.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    OP. I have my 6* at R2 and he is honestly one of the one most enjoyable champs to play with, IMO. He can dish out a ton of damage amd it is so satisfying to just smash opponents down. He is definitely a favorite of mine.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Nimor said:

He is fixed back to his original state (as he was when he was released). First couple fights are a bit painful but when you ramp him up and line up armor breaks and rout he is probably the highest damage dealer in the game currently. I m debating for a few weeks now who to r5 between him and hyperion (running suicides tho) and can't really decide :p

If you are determined to keep Suicides then do Hype 1st
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★

Even if that's the case they are starting to rebalance champs starting from HT and I'm pretty sure he came out before Cull so they are gonna get to him eventually
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Even if that's the case they are starting to rebalance champs starting from HT and I'm pretty sure he came out before Cull so they are gonna get to him eventually
    Well that doesn’t fill me with confident about ranking him up......

My bad just trying to warn you just incase
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    I dont know you consider a 4* version or not i got him yesterday and take him straight to r4 and his damage output is great and i also completed act 5.2.2 with him yesterday
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    I have completed all of his mission and see his damage output so i think he is working fine