**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gold spend event

When's the new gold spend event starting?

Comments

• Options
    JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    They said it'll run on the weekends while on weekdays they run the time event so we can earn gold.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Ummm is it my imagination or did the "gold spend" final achievement move from 100k or so to 275k? Pretty sure i didn't spend 275k last time.
  • Options
    Sorry but from my perspective that amount compared to the achievement awards is...well...kinda rediculous! 275k for 9000 gold and maybe a 2 star from the event crystal which you are not even recieving enough shards to complete from this event? Na! Passing on the rest. Unless i have ranking to do and just happen to hit an achievement.
  • Options
    @Rap the amount did change but it’s because the rewards went up. The milestone rewards were geared toward 3*. While the second one was for 4*.
    All in all. Not worth it anyway.
  • Options
    Nope just a way to thin out our gold.
  • Options
    So it weny up 176k because they added a 4 star sig crystal instead of a 3 star sig crystal? Cause i didn't even notice any change from the first time in the achievement awards.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    The way I see it is that this solo event is no different than any other solo event. The rewards are meh but you either spend some gold now and get them or you spend your gold later and don't.

All in all, do I want a free 25 units, a revive, 15K-20K gold, some solo crystals, some sig stones, and some crystal shards. As long as I have anyone worth ranking/leveling I don't see why not.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Yeah I ranked a champ to r4 but didn’t level them up to 55... gold event done for the rank up and I’ll save the leveling up for a level up event.. 2 birds... well you get it.

🐻
  • Options
    15? 20k? I haven't opened one of the crystals and gotten more than 4800 in gold so the gold rewards are closer to 10k than 15k. And you are right! as long as it happens in allignment with what i need and want to do (spending wise) it "just okay" but i can get the same stuff doing level up and rank up events. I will stick to those and pass on the gold spend. Not worth the possibilty of an extra two star to purposely spend a quarter of a million in gold just for this event.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    No it’s beyond not worth doing unless you’re spending the gold anyways or have gold levels of some of the whales of the game.

🐻
  • Options
    As far as the gold crystals with the crystal within a crystal? I have gotten more gold from arena crystals than from those things. The boost is obtainable from any number of alliance events so that isn't any kind of a bonus. So all you are getting is a few extra shards for this months disappointment crystal and a boost. About 4 out of 10 solo crystals drop xp up, so if you wanna drop a quarter of a million in gold to let the rng disappoint you (AGAIN, after you have spend over half a million in gold mind you!) Then enjoy!!!
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You all really complain a lot lol. It’s not horrible, you rank some champs and boom you hit all milestones.

I’m not a defender of kabam, but you all complain a lot about nothing. This game is a business. They can’t give you the house, do we want more? Yeah, but will we get it? No. That’s how life works, this event is easy enough where you don’t need to put in any work for free Units and revives.

This event- 1 min you’re at final milestone
    Event quest completion- all day and you spend refills and units
    Level up- same 1 min
    Hero use- at least 2-3 hours of play (if you grind)
    Arena wins- 2-3 hours of play (if you grind)

• Options
    I do it for the unified gold crystals.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Rap said:

15? 20k? I haven't opened one of the crystals and gotten more than 4800 in gold so the gold rewards are closer to 10k than 15k. And you are right! as long as it happens in allignment with what i need and want to do (spending wise) it "just okay" but i can get the same stuff doing level up and rank up events. I will stick to those and pass on the gold spend. Not worth the possibilty of an extra two star to purposely spend a quarter of a million in gold just for this event.

Seeing as you get 4,000 gold from the milestones, the bare minimum 13,600 but I've gotten 10K from the unified gold crystal twice so 15K-20K seems about right especially if you're selling any XP boosts you get.

Secondly, does anyone know how much gold it takes to his max milestones in the level up event. If I were to guess it would still be at least 150,000 so the difference isn't ridiculous. This event just asks for a little more gold but gives you more ways of obtaining points.
  • Options
    As i said if it aligns with my need to rank then fine...but there are many more shards and pieces i would rather recieve. I do not need gold (which is, i believe, the point of this event, to relieve players like me of as much of it as they can). I do not need xp up, i do not need arena boosts or questing boosts and i certainly don't need a new unawakened 2 star. What i need are 4 and 5 stars and shards for same! T4bs and shards for same...if i rank somebody while it is running and i get a little something something then just..."okay." Not gonna pay attention to it unless it accidentally pays off.
  • Options
    @Rap if you are in an alliance that requires gold donation- boom at least 1/2 done on event. Which is what I did. Just make sure you do it when it restarts.
  • Options
    Thats what i did. Bought myself 25 units with 150k plus in gold. But i'm done with that! Too low of a return. And anymore i am just throwing units away on these dumb crystals that give me 3 stars. Just really not feeling any of this! Just same ol' same ol' grind and build, be disappointed, grind and build, be disappointment...