**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Could the Servers be overloaded in some way?

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
So I just fought the Vision Aarkus fight at about 1am (I know, it's late) and there was No Lag... Like No Frame Rate Dropping, Delayed Controls, Freezing, Nothing. Which got me thinking, I've noticed in the past certain things will load quicker or Specials that normally slow the game a little just don't when it's earlier in the day (like when not as many people would be able to be online). So could that mean some of the consistent issues we've been experiencing for years have something to do with the amount of people online, like the Servers can't handle this many players beyond a certain point? Because there's nothing else that's changed in the past 6 hours, around 8pm I did the same fight with all the usual Lag and Issues still present, no update or anything like that. Not saying this Is the cause or a contributing factor, but it's definitely noticeable and feels like something that could cause it... What do you guys think, and does anyone else notice this when they're playing at different times of the day? Just curious if this could lead to something...

Comments

• noldnold Posts: 30
    Yep I have noticed the same thing, but I assumed it was because the phone was cold.... Early in the morning, sitting on a cold surface, instead of in a warm pocket. I think the CPUs have some thermal throttling, where they will reduce clock speed at high temp, so they don't overheat.

Not sure about the server theory, as there are players from all time zones hitting the servers. Only Kabam could confirm, but I doubt they would do it.
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    Maybe?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    nold said:

Yep I have noticed the same thing, but I assumed it was because the phone was cold.... Early in the morning, sitting on a cold surface, instead of in a warm pocket. I think the CPUs have some thermal throttling, where they will reduce clock speed at high temp, so they don't overheat.

Not sure about the server theory, as there are players from all time zones hitting the servers. Only Kabam could confirm, but I doubt they would do it.

Hmm interesting, though on the Device Temperature Topic, I play on a tablet with a stand so it's always got cool air hitting the back meaning it rarely gets hot or anywhere hot enough to feel.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Apparently hoarding does that

Yeah that one I found interestingly odd, though apparently it wasn't the amount of One Crystal (say someone had 500 Free 4 Hours Crystals) but the amount of Several Older Crystals (like some people had Featured Champion Crystals from 2015 and those being saved+kept in the game's files were causing what I'm guessing was Storage Problems leading to slower processing times?).