**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champion gates in a monthly quest is wrong

Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
I don't mind champion gates in a story quest, but when they happen in a time limited piece of content, it's wrong.

Some nice rewards in Epic and because i don't have one champ, i may not be able to get them.

I know I'm not the only one. I know there will be "opportunities" to get it, but if i don't, then i will lose out because of RNG.

Comments

• ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99

During the last week of the event you can earn 2* crystals containing the champs used for the gating from 1v1 quickmatch.

Yea but because of kabam's typical RNG, we may have to do 100 1v1's just to get that one missing champion. That isnt fair or fun. That's just really dumb
  • ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99
    If you're missing multiple then your odds are probably better but i'm just missing one red skull
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★

During the last week of the event you can earn 2* crystals containing the champs used for the gating from 1v1 quickmatch.

This, plus almost all of these champs I just happened to have already because of the monthly free 3* champ from the calendar or from phc’s from arena grinding. Though it is obviously based on rng, all these champs have at least been available already at a 3* level. But that’s just my perspective.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★

If you're missing multiple then your odds are probably better but i'm just missing one red skull

I'm only missing darkhawk. It's crazy, because my roster is pretty stacked. i can't believe i didn't get a 3, 4, or 5* darkhawk by now.

I will be at the most expensive place on earth during that week (Disney World)...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I will be at the most expensive place on earth during that week (Disney World)...
    You’ll have lots of down time waiting in line then, perfect opportunity! ;) But you will have all month to open crystals that contain a higher chance to get what you need also. GL!
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★

I'm only missing darkhawk. It's crazy, because my roster is pretty stacked. i can't believe i didn't get a 3, 4, or 5* darkhawk by now.
    THING for me. Can't believe I don't have Thing at all.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    @Zanthropic

I was missing Red Skull until yesterday, pulled a 3* from those purple crystals that cost 4K shards.

You’ll get him soon!
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    See? There’s the right attitude. 😊

🐻
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    I'm only missing Dormammu
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Marvel Insider also usually has a monthly reward that includes a 3* of a new champ. This month was Claire Voyant and you get points for doing things you're likely already doing like completing various levels of the EQ.
    Bear3 said:

Yet again people doing arena for at least a 3* version of each champ paying off and people who know these types of events happen and continue not to put in effort to obtain some star level of champions being at a disadvantage and thinking its not fair that people who already put in the effort have an advantage. It’s almost like putting in effort pays off. People always look at these things as being punished for not having champions... no... no it’s people being REWARDED for having already made the efforts. You can do the effort before hand or during the event... feeling like you shouldn’t ever have to put in effort to do events is kind entitled and lazy. If you don’t have time? Hey that’s cool... but that doesn’t mean there’s free passes given. Hate responses to follow I’m sure about you having lives blah blah blah... I don’t have time for everything either, I get it... I don’t whine about it though.

🐻

it depends on where your "effort" is. I am an arena grinder, but i do it for shards and units, not champs. I get all of the milestones for featured 5*, feature 4*, and basic 4* so effort isn't an issue.
    Then your efforts are put in the wrong place for this event. When people start complaining about not having gold, your efforts pay off from doing arena. In this instance just doing milestones always and not getting the champs, the areas you put effort in don’t cater to or reward you for. They reward people who did obtain those champs, so yes effort is an issue. The issue is where you’ve put those efforts. Glad to clear that up.

🐻
    Bear3 said:

Then your efforts are put in the wrong place for this event. When people start complaining about not having gold, your efforts pay off from doing arena. In this instance just doing milestones always and not getting the champs, the areas you put effort in don’t cater to or reward you for. They reward people who did obtain those champs, so yes effort is an issue. The issue is where you’ve put those efforts. Glad to clear that up.

🐻

Not when your efforts are to help you progress in the game. 3* champs don't help much as an endgame player.

I don't waste my time with anything else.
    Haji_Saab said:

How did you miss him? he was part of calendar reward a few months ago
    ugh. figures he came up when i was taking a break from the game. That's my typical luck.
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

How did you miss him? he was part of calendar reward a few months ago
    ugh. figures he came up when i was taking a break from the game. That's my typical luck.
    I hate to be in your situation ... in Gwenpool event, I was missing one and I was sweating that I won't get that one from crystals ... got her quite quickly from 1v1 but one of my team mates had to do 100+ matches to get the one he wanted
    if that's what i need to do, i'll do it. Hopefully ill have enough time while at Disney World. :)
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The gates are to train new players to accept the gates up in chapter 5. Interesting they seem to have zero to do with what is past the gate. In most cases there isn't a champ on the path with a type disadvantage to the gate required champ, and there isn't a defender of the gate champ on the gated side for paradox (they are most often on the ungated side). Also, interesting that if you want to reach the final achievement in the pardox event you have to carry a team with no synergies at all (in most cases...) it all seems random but, who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of kabam?

Bear3 said:

🐻

Not when your efforts are to help you progress in the game. 3* champs don't help much as an endgame player.

Well clearly it wasn’t a waste of time since others aren’t having this problem. Myself and plenty other endgame players aren’t having that problems and thus wasn’t a waste of time. If you take a break from the game or see ensuring you have some star level of champions as a waste of your time, so be it, but you’ll lose out when events like this happen and it’s only yourself to blame. Enjoy Disney World.

🐻
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,755 ★★★★★
    I was missing thing but as soon as I opened a 4* crystal couple days ago, bam 4* things. Go figure lol
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★

I don't mind champion gates in a story quest, but when they happen in a time limited piece of content, it's wrong.

Some nice rewards in Epic and because i don't have one champ, i may not be able to get them.

I know I'm not the only one. I know there will be "opportunities" to get it, but if i don't, then i will lose out because of RNG.

Somethings are not meant to be for all.... I don't think I have all the champs so I'll be losing some rewards.. But that's what the event is supposed to be ., So that you try to get that champ and finish it off..

What's fun in handing the things over directly
    edited September 2019
    Prathap said:

Somethings are not meant to be for all.... I don't think I have all the champs so I'll be losing some rewards.. But that's what the event is supposed to be ., So that you try to get that champ and finish it off..

What's fun in handing the things over directly
    Ironically, i got Darkhawk, openeing a regular 3* crystal, while away camping this weekend with my son's boy scout troop. :D

Those are the kinds of things that preclude my going for every 3* in arena.

Good luck in getting your champs!
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★

Bear3 said:

🐻

Not at all, from what I've gathered. But they will get you through a champ gate, so there's that.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I have had all the champs needed so far, but i dont see the point of it. I waste a spot on my roster to throw a champ in that doesnt do anything. Nothing is that section is even related to the gated champ. I at least expected a fight against their rival or something.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited September 2019
    I think champion gates are wrong in general ... not just monthly eq. its lazy game design.
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    I am dead in the water. No Doc OCK for me. All this time and I have not gotten him.