**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Serious Feedback and Discussion about Reverse Controls

2»

Comments

• Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    1. Reverse controls gives new mechanic for players to practice against and improve.

* And...?

2. Reverse controls takes advantage of a difficulty to provide a harder challenge, especially for veteran players.

* This is a more specific variation of the first argument

3. Reverse controls is predatory because of how the human mind and usability work. If you don't believe me, look it up. Imagine a reverse control bike where every 30 seconds you change how the bike responds on a timer. I've been referenced a study where someone rode a reverse controls bike and it took him 6 months to learn it and 6 months to unlearn it. This is PREDATORY on the majority of minds, very few of the elasticity to handle this sort of thing well.

* I disagree on the "PREDATORY" part. To me, "PREDATORY" is enticing players to buy units so they can buy crystals and have <1% chance to pull a specific 6* champ. The only reason that's not considered gambling is bc you buy the crystals with virtual currency which can be achieved through hours of playtime. Therefore, Kabam can circumvent gambling laws. But the effects on your brain is practically the same: a quick dopamine rush that takes advantage of our brains' feedback loops and henceforth, making us addicted. Reverse controls is not even close to being this unethical.

4. It's becoming clear that less skilled developers on your team are responsible for increasing the prevalence of reverse controls because the "harder" difficulty of reverse controls lasts permanently. On the contrary, swapping controls mid fight on a timer is often much worse! Mid combo I gotta be ready on occasion. A harder version should swap more often or even at random intervals not last permanently.

* "A harder version"...so you want it to be more difficult? I thought you wanted it to become easier?

* These "less skilled developers" are told by the higher ups what to and not to do bc those guys are told by their data analysts what makes money and what doesnt. If you dont like something in the game bc its imbalanced, chances are, the developers understand this but are forced to focus on other, more lucrative, aspects (ie. Making new champs)

* Lastly, what is the argument here? It sounds like shade at developers and nothing else

5. It can't be easily practiced in the majority of the content.

* If they introduced a second RoL or a practice mode with reversed controls, would you still be angry with the reverse controls? Bc if not, then argument 1 to 3 fall apart. Argument 4 isnt even an argument

6. With particular skill based opponents, like Havok or Korg or Thing, players will have a hard time doing anything at the level they need to.

* Same with 1 to 3. If we had more opportunities to practice reverse controls, then I dont see this as an issue

Imo "fun" is subjective. Personally, i think adding a mode where we can practice reverse controls would be ideal if permanent reverse controls were prevalent. But if they arent, then i think its fine to keep it reserved only for rare occassions like those Deadpool events where the randomest novelty nodes get thrown in. As for ones like Emma Frost, i have no problem with it. In fact, I dare say its fun playing against her since it does throw you off your rhythm.
  • Options
    flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    Wubbie075 said:

Are there nodes where you have to play with reverse controls the entire fight???? Please tell me there aren't any for an entire path....

Yep there is a whole path in 6.1.6 of reverse control. If you bring a robot or mind alter immune, you suffer 70% ability reduction.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Pick a max out Emma Frost duel target and u use a 2* champ, then you will have plenty opportunity to practice reverse control.

I learnt about how to tackle reverse control from UC Thanos and UC Emma EQs......no pain no gain.

On the contrary, I’m more concerned about the bugs which causing my champ to move backward n forward suddenly, which is more frustrating to me.
  • Options
    Or you max out your magneto, unstoppable colouss for all the fight with reverse control.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

Pick a max out Emma Frost duel target and u use a 2* champ, then you will have plenty opportunity to practice reverse control.

I learnt about how to tackle reverse control from UC Thanos and UC Emma EQs......no pain no gain.

On the contrary, I’m more concerned about the bugs which causing my champ to move backward n forward suddenly, which is more frustrating to me.

Reference said:

Or you max out your magneto, unstoppable colouss for all the fight with reverse control.

You’re thinking of reversed controls on special attacks or delirium nodes. Reversed controls nodes in Alliance War are called “confusion” (30 seconds duration) and “greater confusion (duration lasts all fight). There are currently 3 champions who counter confusion nodes. Mister Sinister, Emma Frost, and Mysterio, the latter 2 being a package deal because of synergy.

The only other game modes where these kinds of fights can be practiced are the current Map 7 variation and Act 6.1.6. Uncollected Thanos and Emma Frost weren’t comparable practice for confusion node fights in AW.
  • Options

Reference said:

Reference said:

You’re thinking of reversed controls on special attacks or delirium nodes. Reversed controls nodes in Alliance War are called “confusion” (30 seconds duration) and “greater confusion (duration lasts all fight). There are currently 3 champions who counter confusion nodes. Mister Sinister, Emma Frost, and Mysterio, the latter 2 being a package deal because of synergy.

The only other game modes where these kinds of fights can be practiced are the current Map 7 variation and Act 6.1.6. Uncollected Thanos and Emma Frost weren’t comparable practice for confusion node fights in AW.
    If talking about Confusion and Greater Confusion Nodes, then I think they are easier than fighting UC Thanos and Emma as the later trigger reverse control randomly and your mind need to adjust instantly, whilst you know what happens in advance when you fought these AW nodes.

If I m sitting in an opposite direction rail seat, I won’t feel dizzy if it remains for the entire route. The most annoying situation is that the train change rails and directions many times during the route and thus your brain need to adjust accordingly.

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Inverse controls (the current one) is pretty straightforward with Dash and Evade being inverted only.

Kabam should have made it FULL inverse where:
    - If you don't hold the left side of your screen, you'll be blocking, and
    - Your SP activation is on the top instead of the bottom of the screen.

=P