**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Defender Diversity

This may be a subject that just is what it is, but it's rather frustrating to lose a war due to diversity, especially when your alliance is clearly the victor in all other aspects. I do understand diveristy to a point, but is it really necessary. Just lost another war due to this. We had more attack bonus and almos6 double the amount of defender kills. How about giving points for defender kills. That would also stop some alliances from "buying" the win by using a ridiculous amount of resources. This may fill on dead ears, but as a Gold 3 teetering on Gold 2 alliance, this is very irritating and frustrating. Thanks

Comments

• Sorry for my auto correct typos
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

This may be a subject that just is what it is, but it's rather frustrating to lose a war due to diversity, especially when your alliance is clearly the victor in all other aspects. I do understand diveristy to a point, but is it really necessary. Just lost another war due to this. We had more attack bonus and almos6 double the amount of defender kills. How about giving points for defender kills. That would also stop some alliances from "buying" the win by using a ridiculous amount of resources. This may fill on dead ears, but as a Gold 3 teetering on Gold 2 alliance, this is very irritating and frustrating. Thanks

Defender kills mean nothing. If they removed diverity and just went off kills then bgs would be stacked with korgs, dominos, imiws, things and a few others. They give you points for defender kills, up to a point, it is attack bonus, but after 3 it stops because it wants to allow people to clear and you would end up with the same thing I said above, korgs, things etc.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    i'd personally love to see attacker diversity. but thats for another convo haha.
    imo the system has clear structure in regards to where you score points. if youre losing due to defender diversity...then maybe your ally should prioritize that more. regardless of if its frustrating or not (it definitely can be).
    you cant control the amount of kills your defender gets, but you fully control how many points you score on diversity.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Without diversity there would be no way to break a tie in deaths.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    My ally loses war because of diversity pretty often. But the problem is not diversity itself, it's about how lame lower tier buffs are in aw. I'd wish they made wars more difficult
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Saying you're the best in all other aspects means nothing if you dont win. Its like having a race car with all the best parts, then not winning the race because someone else's time was better even though your car was better.

Diversity is a part of war scoring and is there to help further lessen ties from happening. Its been part of war for a very long time. They tried taking it a way and the community revolted and they reversed their decision.

As for using resources, you have every right to use boosts and potions as much as the opponent. If you were in an actual war would you decline using extra bullets, wear extra armor or recieve medical attention if needed? No one should be punished for using items when its part of the game mode.

Bottomline is that you lost fair and square. Your progression is halted because your alliance didn't do EVERYTHING they could to win. Your fault and no one else's.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158

Just lost another war due to this. We had more attack bonus and almos6 double the amount of defender kills. How about giving points for defender kills. Thanks

So you had more attack bonus and double kills probably because of low diversity and you didn’t like the loss? Diversity is important and it’s your choice to place duplicate defenders
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    You know, your alliance could aim at placing a diverse defense so you can win. Not that difficult.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

You know, your alliance could aim at placing a diverse defense so you can win. Not that difficult.

Chances are he would have still lost. When you go for diversity you give up defensive kills, which is something he did not give any weight to. Without diversity the other alliances defense would have more than likely been differnt.
  • Elohim16Elohim16 Posts: 65
    War should be about alliances putting their best fighters in the fray. In the event of a tie, defender diversity should break it, and understandably so. Losing to an opponent showcasing a weaker squad is absolutely ridiculous.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

Without diversity there would be no way to break a tie in deaths.

Tie and win....same thing.

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,135 ★★★★★
    If you’re doing less diversity, better make sure your defense are worth it and your alliance can plow thru the other alliance‘a defense with minimum deaths.
  • captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 533 ★★★
    To echo everyone else's sentiments, our alliance has also lost wars due to diversity, so we focused on that and consistently perform better in diversity than our opponents. There are many tools available online, so there should be no reason to fail at that.