**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Boss Rush Domino Rant

124»

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I found this fight to be very fair. Champ specific absolutely not. Anyone saying that has never fought sinister or the champion in act 6.2. Those are much more champ specific. Does it remove some of the champs that steamroll content yes. If you rely on just corvus and ghost to carry you through content then you are definitely going to struggle with this boss rush. Thses fights were designed to make you think about your roster. They aren't greatly restrictive like variant or some of act 6.2. In response to the pi being higher than your champ that someone posted. Well that's any boss you fight in game. Also I haven't seen sw listed as a counter and she works great on this fight
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

I used a 4-star duped Symbiote Supreme to stop the regen before it even started, because it was an active buff

It's Domino, so there were two ridiculous evades that got me killed -- one in Assassin's range -- but it and the challenge weren't too bad.

But I will also say this, as I have said from Day 1 of the release: Domino is a garbage character. The fact that Tech characters can fail in the first place, let alone Domino being placed on a node that eliminates all ability accuracy from Tech characters, did nothing but remind me of how garbage that kit truly is

Without her sig, there's nothing to fighting her really. Her evade is easy to deal with. Dont throw full combos when she's lucky. Same way you deal with any evade chanp.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Disagree. It’s good to have content of all difficulty levels and different champ requirements. If not, might as well make all quests the same and all champs the same and have a boring game.

You are wrong. Having a ceryain champion is RNG/luck based. How is that fair? Tell me. No amount of skill can get you past that fight if you don't have the counters.
    Seatin just did it with a 2* CAIW. You need despair mastery though.
    yeah, it's kinda cool .. I tried with my 4* CAIW, however, and apparently I "lack the skills" ... LOL
    Lasted 10 min with her (which I think says "something") .. but couldn't keep the petrify's up .. never got her below 95% .. *shrug*

So it's funky .. Domino is always a bit tricky to fight, but reduce the pool you can use, and yeah, makes her hard if you don't have the proper champs ... :)
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    Seatin use a 2star cap and complete destroy her
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Im a slighty above average player. Lost my void (4*R5S79) on my first try. Left, came back with void and KM(5*R3S20) for synergy. Also brought CapIW(4*R3S40) and Vision(4*R3S40) for Synergy, so I only brought my Starky(5*R5S0) to pull the weight of the whole trip. Used 3 revives, and I got 10k. For 3 revives, Im not mad man. If I was more skilful this would had been a piece of cake
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Does my archangel need to be duped for the domino fight?

It would definitely help with placing the Neurotoxins, so I'd recommend it!
    That's not what the awakened ability does.
  • MetroidBlasterMetroidBlaster Posts: 131 ★★
    Boss rush mode is NOT for everyone of every skill level. If you find it is too difficult for your current roster and skill level, let it be a benchmark for you to strive to achieve. Eventually, you WILL be at the appropriate position in the game to complete it.
  • Riot1234Riot1234 Posts: 44

Riot1234 said:

I think its pretty obvious to all the players of this game that Domino who is the second opponent in this months Boss Rush is substantially over-tuned in comparison to the other fights
    in MY opinion, the others are a fair fight and give a fair amount of competition for the amount of rewards (I really liked the invisible Woman fight in particular).
    Don't get me wrong. I think that the rest of the Boss Rush is amazing but this fight in particular made me very mad (I used my 6* Domino and just used SP3s and heavy hoping for a crit bleed and even after i got her down to 5 percent, i got some bad RNG and i got evaded so many times and before you knew it she was back at 50%)
    I really think this fight punishes people who dont have a Void, Mephisto, Dr Voodoo, etc and just serves as an unnecessary pain for those people.
    I urge KABAM to take this nerf into consideration

I didn’t think I’d beat her either and I’m not that great a player but I eventually got her down with a 3 star archangel . I backed out at least 30 times before I finally did it. I tried my 3 star cap but don’t have enough despair mastery points to do it, tried voodoo and couldn’t do it. Finally worked though. I used my 3 star Void as well and got her to 24% a few times but couldn’t last long enough to finish her off. I’m stuck on SS right now.
    the only thing I dont like about the Domino fight in comparison to the SS fight is that even if you dont have a counter, you can eventually get him down by gradually chipping away at him. With the Domino fight even if you have a really good run, she will just regen to full within seconds if you do not play agressively