**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are awakening gems random?

I recently aquired a 5 star awakening gem for 91 straight days of participation in the contest. I currently possess all the classes in 5 star except a tech champion. I have 56 varying 5 star signature stones and am unable to use any of them as the awakening gem I was awarded for being a loyal gamer was for the one champion class I do not possess. Is this mere chance? Why not make it generic? Having "randomly" pulled this gem has significantly diminished my faith in the integrity of the method to which loyalty is rewarded. Sincerely, mountie69.

Comments

• Options
    HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    It is Kabam's specific algorithm which will search your account for the very worst 'KABAM' it can give you.
  • Options
    Mountie69Mountie69 Posts: 21
    And yet we keep playing.
  • Options
    I thought the same. I was planning on awakening blade. Oh well.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Okay. You have a 17% chance at that everytime. The computer isn't affected by what you pulled last.
  • Options
    How random

I’ve acquired 9 5* awakening gems all Tech.

Very random😂
  • Options
    Random doesn't mean equal distribution. It doesn't mean you'll pull one of each in six pulls. Random means with no particular reason or preset pattern.
  • Options
    What is the probability you roll the same number on a six sided die six times consecutively? This seems like what occurred above to MilesHolmwood. Trong 94, I do appreciate your comment, and am greatful for the calendar, but was kind of looking forward to some instant gratification. I guess I keep grinding.
  • Options
    " Probably " 😏
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

And I just taught my invisible unicorn how to fetch a beer from the fridge.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

I’ve acquired all classes several times in the time they’ve been released. Sometimes same class couple of times in a row, rng is rng.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Mountie69 said:

What is the probability you roll the same number on a six sided die six times consecutively? This seems like what occurred above to MilesHolmwood. Trong 94, I do appreciate your comment, and am greatful for the calendar, but was kind of looking forward to some instant gratification. I guess I keep grinding.

What are the chances that you could pick all 6 winning lottery numbers?

Extremely low but it happens just about every week because millions of people are trying.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    Completely random. Example: earlier, I had a T4CC crystal. I needed one more tech T4CC to rank up a champ. 1 in 6 chance to get Tech, I got it! Then I get my awakening gem crystal. The only class I didn't need was tech (literally ever 5* tech champ I have is awakened). 1 in 6 chance that it is completely useless at this time. Guess what I get? Tech. In one case, I get exactly what I needed from a 1 in 6 chance. The next, exactly what I DIDN'T need from the same 1 in 6 chance.
  • Options
    Aryl said:

And I just taught my invisible unicorn how to fetch a beer from the fridge. </bl. Does yours fly like the one on that show, "Happy" ?
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    What motivation would Kabam have for making some kind of screw the player algorithm? It always cracks me up when people think Kabam tries to give us what we don't need. When we get exactly what we do need did it slip past the algorithm, or was that a separate "throw them a bone" algorithm? Also @Aryl lmao.
  • Options
    @Aryl, Whoosh is right! Over 2 hours later.
  • Options
    Funny. I never see someone claim the RNG is rigged when they end up pulling what they want everytime. Lol.
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Mountie69 said:

@Aryl, Whoosh is right! Over 2 hours later.

Ahh. Now I see. Carry on.
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    edited September 2019
    Funny enough this gem doesn’t seems random. I saw more than 40 people including me getting gem that already exists on account multiple times.
    What can I say, RNG is clearly not in our favor or it’s not really equal 1/6...who knows 🤭

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    arni2 said:

Funny enough this gem doesn’t seems random. I saw more than 40 people including me getting gem that already exists on account multiple times.
    What can I say, RNG is clearly not in our favor or it’s not really equal 1/6...who knows 🤭

So what youre saying is because they got something they already had so it can't be equal but if they didn't get something they had then it would mean ita equal? I wish I could live in a world where logic doesn't mean anything but here I am on earth.
This discussion has been closed.