**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Seven Day Ban?

I have been using two different devices and I suddenly got banned for seven days. I have no clue what I did wrong. I don't share out my account and I've been having both my phones for a while and never had a problem before. I have a Note 8 and a Note 9. I'm a very casual and light player. Used to be really active but mostly help my alliance or run the monthly quest when I have time. I recently traveled to Louisiana, and I live in Texas. While I was there with family for the holidays I used both devices. I have been wondering if that is what got me banned. Because I used my device in a different state than was usual? Either way I have no clue what I did wrong and have received no explanation. Which really sucks because if I did do something wrong it would be nice to know so that I could avoid doing it again in the future. But as far as I know I have not done any of the things that are listed as violations so the whole situation is very confusing. I've been trying to go over the past few weeks and because of the holidays I've hardly played at all. I could understand if it was a permanent ban if they decided not to disclose the precipitating incident but it's a seven day ban and I will be able to play again soon but without knowing exactly what I did wrong makes it kind of scary not to know. I would certainly avoid doing it again in the future if I knew what it was. I've been playing this game since December 2014 and I have put a lot of time and effort into it. The whole situation is really sad. Especially since I have not been able to reach a human being to help explain what happened.

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Support is the only place that can help, sorry.
  • Snerp_CitySnerp_City Posts: 25
    edited January 2019
    I have the exact same problem. I have been hit with a 7 day ban and support just keeps sending a generic email. No help what so ever. I have 2 accounts that I play on the same 2 devices and I switch back and forth between the two. 1 account got ban the other did not. I don’t know why. Someone at kabam please help.

[image removed by Moderator]
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
    No one here can help, and mods will close this saying that the Forums is no place to discuss bans. If you really don't feel this is right, keep submitting tickets and ask for one to be escalated.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I would be passed if this happened to me with all the $$$ I put in. You would think they would want to be sure, not just "highly suspect" before suspending a potential cash spender for no reason.
  • Sherlock_Sherlock_ Posts: 11
    I have wrote multiple tickets and I cannot reach anyone. I keep getting the same automated response no matter how I word my replies. The most frustrating thing is not knowing what I did wrong. If I did do something wrong I would like to know exactly what that is so I can avoid doing it again in the future. This is not a permanent ban so it doesn't really make sense not to give an explanation. I'm guessing that I won't get a real person until the seven days are up. Until then I'm just screwed regardless if I'm guilty or not
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    edited January 2019
    I suspect you didn’t do anything wrong. I suspect their heuristics for determining if someone is potentially cheating includes the location from which they are playing.

I’m going to be traveling out of the country for a few weeks and even though no-one else has my info or could ever log on as me (I also use a very strong password), I suspect they’ll think I’m cheating.

It’s like my bank once suspending my credit card while I was overseas due to their concern over possible fraud.

Apparently the fact that I bought an airline ticket on my card, paid for a luggage cart at the airport with my card, bought some items and food + coffee at the airport, upon landing at my destination, I purchased a coffee at the airport in that country just wasn’t enough to clue them in that I’d flown somewhere...
    I'm just hoping a mod here can assist me/us since this has caused me to miss out on wars season rewards and gifting event rewards. This is not fair to an individual that tries to follow the rules.
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    I live in Sweden, and have played all around Europe and a very tiny part of Asia without getting suspended so in general, traveling is fine.
    I just read the link that one of the mods shared earlier this morning. It was all about what can cause a ban and why. I have literally done none of those things. He said this forum was not the right place for getting help. But the in game service is not helping me at all so how am I supposed to get help exactly? If I could speak with an actual person that would be great.
  • MishaMMishaM Posts: 2
    I just travelled to Spain for new years, got back played Arena a couple of hours and went to bed. Next day i tried to login, i was banned for 7 days.
    I just want to know what i did wrong so it won’t happen again. I didn’t share my details with anyone. I use two phones which belong to me.
    I get the same automated response from support no matter what i say. This is frustrating.
    Even tho mods can’t do anything here, they probably should let support know that something must have gone wrong!
    Player wrote: »
    I suspect you didn’t do anything wrong. I suspect their heuristics for determining if someone is potentially cheating includes the location from which they are playing.

I’m going to be traveling out of the country for a few weeks and even though no-one else has my info or could ever log on as me (I also use a very strong password), I suspect they’ll think I’m cheating.

It’s like my bank once suspending my credit card while I was overseas due to their concern over possible fraud.

Apparently the fact that I bought an airline ticket on my card, paid for a luggage cart at the airport with my card, bought some items and food + coffee at the airport, upon landing at my destination, I purchased a coffee at the airport in that country just wasn’t enough to clue them in that I’d flown somewhere...

I travel to Canada quite often for family and have never gotten as much as a warning. Could be software on one of the phones.
    Snerp_City wrote: »
    I'm just hoping a mod here can assist me/us since this has caused me to miss out on wars season rewards and gifting event rewards. This is not fair to an individual that tries to follow the rules.

Mods can't and won't do anything. All they do is moderate the forum to keep it productive and peaceful.
    Sherlock_ wrote: »
    I just read the link that one of the mods shared earlier this morning. It was all about what can cause a ban and why. I have literally done none of those things. He said this forum was not the right place for getting help. But the in game service is not helping me at all so how am I supposed to get help exactly? If I could speak with an actual person that would be great.

Demand that your ticket get escalated. That's what it took for me to actually get someone to really look into the issue that I had.
    The initial email I received stated that this was an ongoing problem affecting more than a few players. It sounded like a bug or something. It also said that it was being looked into and I would be contacted once it was resolved. Not long after I received a different email basically telling me that I was screwed and nothing could be done so give up. Is this actually an glitch affecting more than one person and is currently being worked on? Or was that message just a lie?
    How can I demand an escalation when my tickets keep getting closed? Can you give me the process of escalating a ticket because I have had no success in even getting one to stick.
  • Hey guys, we've stated many times before that accessing your account on more than one device is not a violation of our Terms of Service and won't lead to your account being banned. Additionally, we understand that you may be travelling away from home or may even move to a new location permanently. Rest assured, accessing your account from a new location will also not lead to your account being banned. Account bans are only issued when a violation of our Terms of Service occurs. If you would like to review our Terms of Service, you can find them at the link below.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html#tab-en

While I understand it can be frustrating to have a ban placed on your account, it has always been our policy to not disclose any details regarding our investigations, how we conduct them, or the reason for a ban being placed on the account. Whether or not you agree with this policy, it is not something which is up for discussion or debate on these Forums.

With that being said, these Forums are a place for community discussion, not one-on-one Support. This really isn't the place to discuss any actions which may have been taken against individual accounts, including in-game bans, and for those reasons, I'll be closing this thread now.

There is more information HERE regarding account bans.
    Exactly, I get the same response the Ticket is closed right away and you cant reply. How can you have it escalated? This I would like to know.
This discussion has been closed.