**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anybody on Android picked up Legends Title EVER? is Android on unfair advantage? Can Kabam fix it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    xenu12 wrote: »
    Kabam doesn’t care about droid. I literally switched to apple for this game, apple sucks but kabam apparently loves them.

Actually you would be wrong. I can guarantee they work harder to keep Android devices relevant vs iOS devices. Google any games performance on Apple vs Android and you'll see the same results. Most games work better on Apple for the reasons i posted above.
  • Options
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    The answer is to grant the Legend title to the top 100 iOs and top 100 Android users. It is absolutely unfair that Android users continue to be treated as second rate citizens.

This isn't a solution as anyone serious about getting a legends title can buy a android and iPhone and alternate when they want to make a run. If you want a shot at a title, make sure to be as boosted as you possible can be with 1 main champ and make sure you clear time for at least 1.5 hours to do both quests. You'll need a high damage champion and big health/attack boosts and some of the class boosts to do it but it's still possible.
  • Options
    Lormif wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Its impossible. It wont ever get fixed.
    They already stated that they only optimize the game on iOs users

Can you quote this? I cannot find anything like it. The main issue is that android is generally built for all hardware, it has to be, which makes it much slower than IOS which is built for only a small set of hardware. It is the windows vs mac/sun issue

They said in the past that there are way less iOs devices than android's (ios have some dozens, while android have 10k +).
    IOs devices share something in common with each other (I'm not very good with these names), that make them easier to be optimized across every device. On the other hand, android's are all differents and would have to be optimized one by one. Add that to the number of devices out there and ... Yeh...

They could very well optimize 1 or 2 android's to run as fast as iOs, but they decided not to to not favor some android's while not doing anything to other's.
    At this point, it would be easier to de-optimize iOs and make them slower, than optimize all android devices. But something like that will also not be very much acceptable by the community

I think you are confusing the issue that I stated above with some shade for Kabam. It is not a matter of the kabam optimizing for them, it is a matter of Android itself not being optimized because of the number of devices it has to support.

You can compare iOS vs Android the way PC's vs Mac's argument is. Anything Apple is better optimized because they all share the same type of hardware/software needed to run programs. Very little changes aside from updated specs. Whereas with Android and PC's, hardware is broad and interchangeable to fit an almost infinite amount of designs in the world of programming. Because of that level of customization, Adroid's have almost 100% been "slower" vs iOS. Not just MCOC but in every App aspect since every app/game has to be formatted to run 100's of different versions of Droid OS and 1000's of different devices with their own software configurations. It will always be this way forever and ever.

I choose Android for the flexibility of customization. I can use it on any computer whereas you need special software/hardware if you are going to mix Apple and PC/Android stuff. I don't like being limited in options.

I have used that exact example And I agree with you for why you like android better. I gave up that because even as a Linux admin I wanted performance for my games and I wanted unified cable management. I got tired having to manage so many power cords...

Agreed. Most people dont look at it from a programming standpoint. Its always Company X hates android/pc" when its entirely never the case.
  • Options
    ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Just got test an iPad mini for a day and return it 😂😂😂😂😂 LoL jk jk. In all seriousness I’m thinking of getting rid of my large iPad and going down to a mini. I figure it’s better than my large pro and just enough bigger than the 8+

Anyone have any issue with the mini? Especially when it comes to legends? Corvus is going to 5 soon...
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    ManChild wrote: »
    Just got test an iPad mini for a day and return it 😂😂😂😂😂 LoL jk jk. In all seriousness I’m thinking of getting rid of my large iPad and going down to a mini. I figure it’s better than my large pro and just enough bigger than the 8+

Anyone have any issue with the mini? Especially when it comes to legends? Corvus is going to 5 soon...

Is this a joke? The newest mini is 4 years old. and will be out of support in like a month or so.
    You dont want an ipad mini to play this game.
  • Options
    We are always trying to better optimize this game across both OS platforms. The issue with Android is, as stated by several others, there are more than just a few device models and some of those will only run certain builds of the Android OS. This can take longer but doesn't mean we aren't trying to do it. We have performance threads for each OS system and with it, we compile date to help us. We're sorry if it seems otherwise, but we can assure you that it isn't the case.
This discussion has been closed.