**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ARE YOU OK WITH NEW ACT 6 REQUIREMENT?

2»

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    YES

Considering quitting the game now as future content like the challenges that pop up will eventually go down this road too. Terrible decision on Kabams part, detriment to Marvel more than ever now. No point continuing to play in eco system so leaning towards less fun and more grind/spend than ever.

There is no evidence of this. If anything they will just add a new difficulty level, not limit to just 6*s. Act six is perm content, not temp content like the challenges, the challenges have to be available generally, act 6 does not.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    NO
    BuckeyeKP said:

It's meant as a gate to keep people in the game and progressing instead of just spending their way through it. They have done similar with other content, (aCT V highly prioritized certain classes, we had the 2* arena..) I mean you can't really use 3* in Variant realistically anyway, and can only use two classes which limits synergy and what capabilities you can bring. Funny no one seemed to have an issue with that.

If you wanted to spend your way through you could do that with 5 stars too. This just means a **** ton of synergies are wiped amd certain specific means to counter, like using heal reversal, will be completely lost to certain players. You could do variant with 4 stars so that entire point is contradictory really, and the scope of restriction was broader and at one point or another you could use any champion.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    YES
    AndiYTDE said:

Lormif said:

Considering quitting the game now as future content like the challenges that pop up will eventually go down this road too. Terrible decision on Kabams part, detriment to Marvel more than ever now. No point continuing to play in eco system so leaning towards less fun and more grind/spend than ever.

There is no evidence of this. If anything they will just add a new difficulty level, not limit to just 6*s. Act six is perm content, not temp content like the challenges, the challenges have to be available generally, act 6 does not.
    Uhm... Aspect of War and champion restrictions themselves are just 2 examples of how Kabam keep testing how far they can go. HeraldofNone is 100% correct: They will continue to push 4* champions out of the game, maybe 5* champions in the distant future as well.
    There is no evidence they will do this for challenges, in fact there is no content currently that pushes players to only use high * level content except act 6, which is permanent content, not monthly content that has to be generally available. Aspect of war does not do this, just makes it harder, so again no evidence for the claim.
  • edited March 2019
    Hey there everyone, we appreciate the feedback on this subject and will be passing it along, however we do ask that everyone share their thoughts on the matter in the official discussion thread for Act 6. This will help to keep the forum free of clutter and keep all the feedback in one place so that it is easier to find.
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    NO
    This move is atrocious!

How many of us have spent hundreds if not thousands in the game buying offers to actually rank up 4 stars that have long term viability for future content? I've ranked up 4*'s knowing that while my future is 5/6*'s - I need certain champs for synergy purposes - and if I'm rolling w. a 4* champ on my squad of 5*'s for that purpose I want them to be r5 max / max sa ~ so if I do use them while clearing a path they are a viable option. I have spent hundreds (if not more) in this game and Kabam has turned around and slapped me in the face - and then slugged me in the gut dropping me to the ground while laughing & urinating on me and calling me a stupid pitiful fool - that's how it feels .. after I have supported this company financially for so long 🤬

absolutely horrible and in all reality ~ quite possibly fraudulent on their part.
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    NO
    This move is atrocious!

How many of us have spent hundreds if not thousands in the game buying offers to actually rank up 4 stars that have long term viability for future content? I've ranked up 4*'s knowing that while my future is 5/6*'s - I need certain champs for synergy purposes - and if I'm rolling w. a 4* champ on my squad of 5*'s for that purpose I want them to be r5 max / max sa ~ so if I do use them while clearing a path they are a viable option. I have spent hundreds (if not more) in this game and Kabam has turned around and slapped me in the face - and then slugged me in the gut dropping me to the ground while laughing & urinating on me and calling me a stupid pitiful fool - that's how it feels .. after I have supported this company financially for so long 🤬

absolutely horrible and in all reality ~ quite possibly fraudulent on their part.
This discussion has been closed.