**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unable to move map in 5.4

LittlePeteLittlePete Posts: 50
edited July 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
After having Act 6 chapter 1 released, I think it’s a fair time to talk about it. Currently in 5.4, you are unable to move the map around to look at other paths in the quest. Months later, we have maps of each quest, so it’s not like we don’t know who would be on a path. But I’ve been slowly trying to explore 5.4, and I have no idea what paths I’ve done in certain quests, and for a lot of them you don’t know until you start the path. Then I’ve gotta restart the path, which is a hassle and waste of energy. I think that we should be allowed to scout our paths ahead of time, and it shouldn’t be locked in any content, past, present or future. It would just make it better for the player, while the quest itself is still challenging. If anyone disagrees or has a better idea, feel free to comment. Just keep it constructive. If you think I’m 100% wrong, just say it nicely please
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 741 ★★★
    Yea im tired of flipping back and forth from screenshots to game
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    It was a bad system to begin with. We should be able to scowl to see ahead. Waist of energy for absolutely no reason
  • Options
    Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    So pointless imo, I’ve 100% act 5 but it should definitely be removed. What’s the actual reasoning behind it? It doesn’t add any difficulty in any way. Just another way to milk every single unit out of the player base
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Or just become a streamer and do MCOC 5.4 completion, then you can look back on the footage to see what you’ve done 🙃
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I do find it extremely annoying, but am thankful for the maps, lists created by Summoners who have gone before. Even with those maps though, it's a frustrating/annoying part of 5.4
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this is a frustration part of the Contest, y'all. I totally understand where you're coming from and we'll make sure to pass along your feedback for the rest of the team to see.
  • Options
    K1nnyK1nny Posts: 46
    @kabam vydious is there an update on this? It’s been over a year since you’ve mentioned on the feedback but there’s still no change to act 5 map scroll/zoom lock...
  • Options
    K1nnyK1nny Posts: 46
    Kabam - any updates or plans in opening up the maps or is this intended? Thx.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    You revived a dead thread to ask this? Just Google the maps. You can find all of them out there. If they haven't made any changes this long, doubt they will now.
  • Options
    As irritating as the locked maps can be, there are tons of resources to avoid running into issues with them. I do agree their existence is pointless and that it wouldn't hurt to have them unlocked. However, as stated above, they haven't made any changes and they're showing no signs of doing so. That being the case, perhaps it's best to keep a log of which paths you've completed until you're done. That's what I did and never had to run any of the maps more times than there were paths. A little preparation goes a long way in this game.
  • Options
    RockCity333RockCity333 Posts: 122

I'm sorry to hear this is a frustration part of the Contest, y'all. I totally understand where you're coming from and we'll make sure to pass along your feedback for the rest of the team to see.

And yet STILL a waste of energy 3 years later. Glad you guys got right on that
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

And yet STILL a waste of energy 3 years later. Glad you guys got right on that
    Please don't revive old threads
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,648 Guardian
    It's still a valid concern to a lot of people, and this thread at least has a well reasoned initial presentation. Whether Act 5.4, or Labyrinth (or other such locked view maps).

The design of these locked maps could either be for 1 of 2 reasons.

(1) they represent an actual “Maze” (or Labyrinth, another word for it), in which you really can’t see very far as to where you’re going.

(2) -or- goal was just to “Hide” the complete view of who the opponents/nodes are. Not necessarily caring whether you could see the shape of the map or not, but just did it that way to accomplish the “hidden” desire.

Looking at user-made maps can indeed help. But as original person pointed out, you don’t know which ones you have already done unless you also start keeping maps/pics of what you have done before. And these could easily get lost amid keeping hundreds or thousands of other screenshots of game stuff (and other stuff).

Proposal (A).. if the goal of locked maps is #2 above, I would suggest making the maps unlocked, BUT to just hide all the opponents that are not right by you.
    Replacing otherwise visible profiles as ‘?’ Question mark profiles, or if actually hidden then just keep as hidden.
    That will let you scroll about to basically just see which Path Lines you have already explored.

-or- Proposal (B).. have 2 different colors for “solid” (already traveled) paths. 1 color (ie RED) indication that ALL available branches going forward have already been explored. And a different color (ie Green) indicating that although at least one branch ahead has already been completed, there is some other branch ahead that remains undone.
    In addition to the Dashed lines representing that NONE of them ahead have been traveled yet.
    (or if worried about colorblind, then 2 different styles of Dashed lines. Existing not traveled at all -vs- partially explored)
This discussion has been closed.