**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to fight Captain Marvel

I'm Uncollected and can't even beat her on Master. What exactly are you supposed to do when she is in binary form? She starts the fight indestructible, I go in with a champ at 20% revive, and can't block or avoid her attack so get killed without getting in even 1 attack.

This game has been getting beyond frustrating the past few months. Do you guys just spend dozens of revives on this? Is there a secret or a certain champ I'm supposed to use? I am 100% clueless here.

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Mephisto is probably the easiest way to beat her just spam special 1 and she melts
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited March 2019

I'm Uncollected and can't even beat her on Master. What exactly are you supposed to do when she is in binary form? She starts the fight indestructible, I go in with a champ at 20% revive, and can't block or avoid her attack so get killed without getting in even 1 attack.

This game has been getting beyond frustrating the past few months. Do you guys just spend dozens of revives on this? Is there a secret or a certain champ I'm supposed to use? I am 100% clueless here.

Attacking her block or doing energy attacks with mystics will cause her alot of damage, when she has binary ignition using a special attack will remove her indestructible, morningstar and mephisto are definitely the best Champs to fight her with, her sp1 just takes abit of practice but it's effectively iceman sp1 with an extra punch at the end, her sp2 is more difficult, dash back twice in succession just as she leaves the ground to fire the beams and you should be able to avoid them both!

Alpha Scorpion
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    Mephisto did it for me. He beats her in 30 to 45 seconds. Hit her with the sp1 2 or 3 times and it’s over. But you have to be ready to dodge her sp1 it can be tricky because she’ll launch it during a combo while you you’re trying to evade so you have to be ready for it. The first time I kept swiping too much and would end up getting hit. You have to swipe but watch her at the same time and be ready for it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    I took down the Master CM boss with my 4/40 Mephisto, and it was actually kinda easy. The key is avoiding her sp1 and hitting her with yours, as others have already said.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I had a 3/30 mephisto that I ranked up specifically to beat her. As everyone else said, he makes a huge difference. He keeps her from going indestructible and can deal big damage.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    She is challenging if you don't have someone to counter her buffs - Mephisto, Dr Strange, Symbiote Strange and Jane Foster work well. Mephisto and Jane Foster do good DoT with their SP1s as well. Even Juggernaut could have a role - he starts Unstoppable; then use a Heavy to push her into Binary mode whilst simultaneously Staggering all her buffs.

Even with these champs, practice is key - you need to get the hand of avoiding her SP1, or you're toast. Look at some practice videos on YouTube, and then practice by fighting the Heroic boss with a 3*.

If you can't counter her energy build-up, ensure you don't hit into her block. You're probably best deliberately activating her Binary with a Heavy attack when she's at relatively low energy count (15 or fewer) so that her massive damage phase doesn't last as long.

If you find yourself all champs KO'd, with CM carrying 25 Energy charges, just use an energy refill and start again; as it gets very dispiriting fighting her when she starts in Binary with 50% Power.

You've got a week: you'll get there. 👍
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★

For me personally, I use punisher. His 'enduring' allows me enough time to get enough power for SP1 to get her out of indestructible mode.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Use Energy Damage, as was mentioned, Mephisto works well. He also has Soul Imprisonment that disables her Sig. If you get caught in the Indestructible loop, just Evade and Bait until the TImer runs out. Hyperion should be a good option as well. Haven't tried him, but Incinerate is strong with that one. ;)
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    I recommend Hood. Dex SP1 at beginning and just keep her shocked (lol)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Units. Seriously tho nullify champs are the best. For me Hyperion and strange we're the MVPs
  • CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    Thanks, everyone. Some good stuff here. Of course I don't have any of the champs mentioned (other than Punisher) but I'll try some of these suggestions.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Thanks, everyone. Some good stuff here. Of course I don't have any of the champs mentioned (other than Punisher) but I'll try some of these suggestions.

If you're stuck at her using Revs, just try to outlast the Timer. Takes a bit of patience.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Hood is the best. Stagger on crit, L1 shock does a ton of damage and you can just heavy to keep refreshing shock.
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    I don't have any good mystic champs so I just used Quake for master difficulty. I was able to fully explore it with the use of 1 Level 1 revive and 2 Level 2 revives.
  • TakingAllDownTakingAllDown Posts: 30
    I used hood,very good option if u are not good with dex specials,
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    I used Ghost Rider and Quake.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Q U A K E
  • As some have mentioned, I also had success with using either special attacks or heavy attacks to knock her down to activate Binary Ignition while she was lower on charges, since the mode would last for a shorter amount of time that way. I also made sure to keep a special attack ready if I knew she could activate it, that way I could at least knock off the Indestructible.

Also like others have said, any with Nullify and Stagger Champs worked well for me too. I know some people don't like Doctor Voodoo for this match since she is immune to his poison, but I still found him useful since he could Nullify all her Buffs with that SP1, and could use his other abilities to keep her from getting her own special attacks. Admittedly, I also have Mystic Dispersion, so Nullifiying her Buffs also built up his power pretty quick and made it easier to keep her from getting too much Power.