**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Unscheduled Maintenance Compensation

IllogixIllogix Member Posts: 13
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hello,

It appears that Kabam will not be compensating me for the loss of consumables I had just purchased today for $20. I had just begun using 3 greater boosts to navigate act 5.2. The unscheduled server maintanance robbed me of this. I opened a ticket and got a fairly quick response in the form on a form letter (shared below), giving me no notion of even considering the issue created by this failure to properly maintain the servers. This has left me contemplating my future spending within the game and the the possibility of making a report to the Better Business Bureau. Perhaps there is a fairly sizable group of us were cheated by this today, enough to warrant a proper response.

Since I cannot get a legitimate response through a private ticket. I would like some kind of explanation from a moderator.

Having my ticket closed without allowing me to respond to a form letter is extremely aggravating. How can we be expected to spend money on a game that would dismiss us so easily when a gross mismanagement of the server has cheated us out of the currency we put into the game?

Thank you,

Comments

• chunkybchunkyb Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    Lmao
    @Kabam Miike just said this wasn't an intentional outage. Now support says they chose to take it down? At least get your stories straight. It's total BS that kabam just tells players to suck it up and deal with lost battles, lost items, lost aq's, etc.. But at least have the decency to stick to the story.

They'll take this thread down as well, btw. Only a matter of time. They'll say it's bc you can't post comments from support, as dumb as that is. But we all know the real reasons.

File your bbb report. Don't spend. Best advice I can give.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,520 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Lmao
    @Kabam Miike just said this wasn't an intentional outage. Now support says they chose to take it down? At least get your stories straight. It's total BS that kabam just tells players to suck it up and deal with lost battles, lost items, lost aq's, etc.. But at least have the decency to stick to the story.

They'll take this thread down as well, btw. Only a matter of time. They'll say it's bc you can't post comments from support, as dumb as that is. But we all know the real reasons.

File your bbb report. Don't spend. Best advice I can give.

What's BS about that? The server was crapping out, so they had to take it down to fix it. That's obvious, really.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Just gunna laugh about the BBB and leave this here.

Relevance aside, let’s clarify what the BBB is –and what it isn’t. In local Yellow Pages around the country, BBB affiliates are often listed under the category of “Government Offices.” Understandably, many consumers assume the BBB is an official government agency. But this isn’t the case. The BBB itself acknowledges the misperception on its blog, noting “We are not a government agency” as one of five facts consumers didn’t know about the BBB.

Another of these little-known facts about the BBB: “We are not a consumer watchdog.” While the BBB offers consumers many services—lists of popular scams to watch out for and such—the organization’s mission isn’t to have your back. From top to bottom, the BBB is funded by the annual dues paid by businesses it anoints with “accreditation,” which allows the companies to put those iconic BBB stamps of approval on their storefronts and websites. This fact raises obvious questions about an inherent conflict of interest: The organization’s customers are businesses, not taxpayers or consumers. How can the BBB serve as an honest broker between businesses and consumers when it is fully funded by one of these parties? Many argue that it cannot — that there’s a natural incentive to paint its paying clients in the best possible light.
  • chunkybchunkyb Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    My BS comment was about the company line of "suck it up and deal with lost resources/battkes"

But again, miiike called it a server outage, which usually means something happened along the lines of a full crash or power loss... Support said they chose to take it down. Those are 2 diff things.
  • IllogixIllogix Member Posts: 13
    The problem isn't the maintenance. It is the obvious brush off of my request to be compensated for the money I lost today as a result of the unscheduled maintenance. As a paying customer I should be entitled to better customer service then a generic response and an instantly closed ticket. This kind of action destroys customer confidence.
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    chunkyb wrote: »
    My BS comment was about the company line of "suck it up and deal with lost resources/battkes"

But again, miiike called it a server outage, which usually means something happened along the lines of a full crash or power loss... Support said they chose to take it down. Those are 2 diff things.

Actually, they are not. When there is a problem with a server or high latency, we have to take the game down to ensure that there are no further issues or damage caused. The two are not mutually exclusive.
  • IllogixIllogix Member Posts: 13
    Kabam Miike,

Should I actually expect to receive customer service here? Normally I would just suck it up. But I literally paid cash for these resources today. Am I not even entitled to a genuine response from the company?
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Hi Illogix,

Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to offer you any more clarity than the Support Team has. We, as a moderation team, do not have the ability to investigate these situations, and it is up to the support team to make the final decision in cases like this.

That most I can do is ask that the case be looked at again, and I will do that for you if you send over your 8-Digit Support Ticket number in a private message. In the future, please remember that sharing private conversations with our support team, moderators, or even other players is against the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.