**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Color blindness - please consider this

Hey Kabam

I am one of many males (1 out of 16 or so) who is color blind.

Usually I have a really hard time reading what ever message you put forward when using red. However this latest message in the Sigil event is completely impossible for me to read. I can barely see that there is any text due to the contrast you are using (red on grey dark’ish back ground).

Luckily I’m not a pilot nor a police officer. However I like to be able to read the info provided by you.

Please consider this in the future.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I'm not color blind, and I can't even read that .. dark red on black, or red on blue are GUI "no-nos" ... something I'm sure Kabam has zero research into .. *sigh*
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback and more importantly the suggestion on this! I'll pass it along to the team!
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    This would benefit those who aren't color blind too, it's very difficult to read as is.

Question for you just out of curiosity... Does color blindness have an affect anywhere else in the game for you? I'm curious if fighting is ever difficult if it's with a champ like Daredevil or someone else who is made up of predominantly red colors.
  • Options
    CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69
    Werewrym said:

This would benefit those who aren't color blind too, it's very difficult to read as is.

Question for you just out of curiosity... Does color blindness have an affect anywhere else in the game for you? I'm curious if fighting is ever difficult if it's with a champ like Daredevil or someone else who is made up of predominantly red colors.

It’s nothing I have considered. DD is red to me too. But to provide an example on how the Color blindness is affecting my life let me take a tour some decades back in time when painting and so on. If I ever wanted to paint with red and the brown inch was next to it I couldn’t see the difference.
  • Options
    CeresCPH said:

Werewrym said:

It’s nothing I have considered. DD is red to me too. But to provide an example on how the Color blindness is affecting my life let me take a tour some decades back in time when painting and so on. If I ever wanted to paint with red and the brown inch was next to it I couldn’t see the difference.
    Gotcha, sorry if I sounded a bit ignorant, I'm not well versed in the effects of color blindness. I was just curious if it affected any other areas of the game.
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

@Werewrym One of my officers is colorblind and occasionally sends me screenshots of his catalysts in overflow asking which classes are in there. He also never knew that the colors of the damage numbers were different per situation (Fury being an orangey color, Direct Damage Red, and Critical hits being Yellow) until I told him about it. I can only imagine how difficult it is to live with such in a world that often uses color coding for various situations.
  • Options

Werewrym said:

@Werewrym One of my officers is colorblind and occasionally sends me screenshots of his catalysts in overflow asking which classes are in there. He also never knew that the colors of the damage numbers were different per situation (Fury being an orangey color, Direct Damage Red, and Critical hits being Yellow) until I told him about it. I can only imagine how difficult it is to live with such in a world that often uses color coding for various situations.
    Wow, not something I would have thought of but has a significant impact on who you choose to rank up or what catalysts you need to use so you can claim from the stash.

@Kabam Vydious perhaps you guys could add the ability to tap on a catalyst in the stash and it will tell you what it is. Could help out in the situation that @SiriusBreak is describing.
  • Options
    CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69

Thanks for the feedback and more importantly the suggestion on this! I'll pass it along to the team!

Thank you.

• Options
    Honestly, that would be great for all items in overflow! One example being those Arena Boosts that have the same boost value, but different amount of time they last. You end up having to guess which one to sell when both the 15 min and 30 min versions are maxed out in your inventory. Also, the class of those would likely be unknown as well for colorblind players. Great idea @Werewrym